3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I finally bought my Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 08:14 PM
Smile I finally bought my Fit!

After much await, I've finally purchased my 2018 Honda Fit EX! I wanted a color that the dealership didn't have in stock, Modern steel metallic, so they are doing a dealer trade and I get to pick it up on Friday. I will provide pictures when I get it!!!

After being initially quoted $22,274.93 for it, I was able to talk it down to around $21,700 which I know.......I still overpaid, but at the end of the day I have a new car and I couldn't be happier.

My questions now are, what is the best website to purchase accessories for it? I wanted floor mats for sure, a cargo tray, and mats for the back seats (so when they are reclined I can put cargo on them and they are protected).

I hear the paint on these things is pretty thin and I'd like to keep it looking good for as long as possible. How can I protect the paint?

Old 11-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Congrats! Enjoy! First thing I got was tint and Husky floor mats.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by GodFather
Congrats! Enjoy! First thing I got was tint and Husky floor mats.
What tint do you recommend? I literally know nothing about these things.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats! I also love that color.

www.bernardirparts.com is a supporter of this forum and has great prices on Honda accessories. I think you use "FitFreak" as a discount code to get a savings on shipping cost.

For window tint, shop your local installers. I recommend sticking with Solar Guard, Llumar, FormulaOne, or 3M for tint. Llumar CTX is what I've been going with lately and am happy with the results. You'll have lots of choices in the Miami area, just make sure to research the installer and film they want to use. Lots of shoddy work in S FL. Lots of good places also.

Can't wait to see some pics of the new ride. Congrats again!

Old 11-15-2017, 09:18 PM
I can't remember the name of the tint, but the rears are all 5% (nice and dark with UV protection) The front driver, front passenger sides windows, and the front windshield are clear UV protection. The only other "upgrade" was a Progress RSB. No other upgrades and nothing else planned cause it's a commuter and does everything it was meant to be....oh wait, I did put leather steering wheel covers. I have the LX model and I paid too much also at $18,600 OTD as compared to what everyone else paid.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered WeatherTech mats for my 2017 2018 Honda Fit | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech.com and the Honda cargo liner. I have a dog mat that lays on top of the rear seat backs.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator
Congratulations!

Old 11-16-2017, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
Congratulations.
I admit your journey to Fit Ownership seemed so long and sometimes angst filled, I questioned your sincerity in regards to actually purchasing a Fit.

Glad to hear you finally have your vehicle.

IMO...The Fit is a really nice vehicle.

Two things I really recommend for ANY vehicle owner are:
#1. A good quality tire PSI gauge.
#2, A portable air compressor. -They are sold nearly everywhere. I have a air inflation/jump start combo set up. With mine, it can be charged up and brought to the vehicle and used independently. Without plugging it in to anything once charged.
Any of the many portable tire inflation devices will work. Depends on what one you think would be easiest for you to use.

Keeping your tires properly inflated, relates to fuel economy, tire longevity, and safety. And it's pretty easy to do, if you have those two tools.

IMO those are essential peripheral accessories.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by fitchet
Congratulations.
I admit your journey to Fit Ownership seemed so long and sometimes angst filled, I questioned your sincerity in regards to actually purchasing a Fit.

Glad to hear you finally have your vehicle.

IMO...The Fit is a really nice vehicle.

Two things I really recommend for ANY vehicle owner are:
#1. A good quality tire PSI gauge.
#2, A portable air compressor. -They are sold nearly everywhere. I have a air inflation/jump start combo set up. With mine, it can be charged up and brought to the vehicle and used independently. Without plugging it in to anything once charged.
Any of the many portable tire inflation devices will work. Depends on what one you think would be easiest for you to use.

Keeping your tires properly inflated, relates to fuel economy, tire longevity, and safety. And it's pretty easy to do, if you have those two tools.

IMO those are essential peripheral accessories.
It took long because I had to wait for the dealership to even start carrying the 2018 Fit's, then around the time I was ready hurricane season started and Irma hit my area. Anyways the stars finally aligned, I'm so happy!

Thank you for the suggestions, those are great ideas.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
Congratulations! I second the tire gauge and inflator suggestion. We also have a little lithium ion brick should the battery fail, and it was useful to charge our phones when Irma knocked out our power. We also have one of those little tools to break the window in a water emergency...did you know Florida leads the country in these emergencies?

We use a spray wax regularly, and keep the car clean. Enjoy!

Old 11-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sounds like fun, congrats!

Old 11-16-2017, 10:44 AM
sjd
5 Year Member
Congrats on your purchase! If you like the car and paid MSRP or less then you didn't overpay.

Originally Posted by Pumpkintacos
I hear the paint on these things is pretty thin and I'd like to keep it looking good for as long as possible. How can I protect the paint?
I would find a local detail shop that applies a nano-coating called CC Quartz and then possibly some Xpel clear film on the front end for even more protection.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by sjd
Congrats on your purchase! If you like the car and paid MSRP or less then you didn't overpay.
I know I did though. You won't find anyone else in this sub who paid this much for this car. They had so many dealer fees and taxes and wouldn't bend much. I'm not a negotiation pro. Oh well I'm still glad I have a reliable car now.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

Old 11-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Thumbs up

the modern steel metallic is an epic color.
congrats and welcome to the burgeoning club.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
The Husky and Weathertech floor mats both have high walls and a good, close fit. They are good for containing snow, slush, water and sand. If you don't have those things in your car you might make do with something less utilitarian.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by SHAG
I ordered WeatherTech mats for my 2017 2018 Honda Fit | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech.com and the Honda cargo liner. I have a dog mat that lays on top of the rear seat backs.
In what ways is WeatherTech better than Honda brand weather mats? I ask because WeatherTech is asking $189 for them, much higher than Honda.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
We have the honda all season rubber mats in the Fit, but I have Husky liners in another vehicle and have had WeatherTech.

The Honda mats are just rubber replacements of the carpet mats. They do not have high sides or additional coverage. They are sort of bare minimum type of mats.

Husky and WeatherTech cover practically double the amount of floor and have high sides to contain snow, mud, etc. WeatherTech are better looking than Husky, but Husky sometimes has better coverage. Varies by vehicle.

In Miami, you really don't need Husky or WeatherTech mats unless you do road construction or go out to the swamps regularly.

If you don't go to the beach often and stay in clean environments, go with carpeted mats. They are nicer and provide better sound deadening. If you go to the beach or are in dirty areas, go with the Honda rubber mats because they are much easier to clean than carpet.

Last edited by GAFIT; 11-16-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
BTW, I highly recommend a rubber mat for the cargo area as well. We have the Honda one, but really any custom fit one will work. It allows you to take advantage of the huge space the Fit offers without fear of damaging the interior.

Congrats again on the new car.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
BTW, I highly recommend a rubber mat for the cargo area as well. We have the Honda one, but really any custom fit one will work. It allows you to take advantage of the huge space the Fit offers without fear of damaging the interior.

Congrats again on the new car.
Thanks so much! We do live in Florida and go to the beach so I would like rubber mats, and I agree the heavy duty ones make little sense, I think I'm going to buy Honda brand online. I'm also buying a rubber cargo tray for sure.

One thing I am trying to find online to buy I can't seem to find, the Honda "Rear backseat protector", it's a rubber thing that goes on the backseat so when it's folded down it's protected. I see it on the Honda site but can't find it anywhere to buy online.

EDIT: Just kidding, I found it? I had to find the part number online then search for it that way. Yay!

Last edited by Pumpkintacos; 11-16-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
$52.65 on Bernardiparts.com

I would shop between Amazon, eBay, and Bernardi. Maybe hondapartsnow.com also.

If you buy from Bernardi, remember the coupon for 25% shipping discount for FitFreaks.

If you can find one place that has all, might save on shipping.

Quick Reply: I finally bought my Fit!