3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Rear Dash Cam

Old 05-09-2018, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Rear Dash Cam

I installed a front facing dash cam in my 2018 Fit. This past Friday it paid for itself several times over. (Last 20 seconds at
WARINING! Turn the sound off if you don't want to hear my expletives).

My insurance adjuster said that 99% of these lane change collisions are settled 50/50 as it's usually a he said/she said situation. That means I would have had to pay my $250 deductible for an accident that wasn't my fault. The adjuster said the dash cam video is an insurance adjuster's dream and proved fault or lack there of 100%.

I'd like to put one in the rear as well, but mounting and power are a much bigger issue. I was wondering if anyone has put one in.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by johnpatrick
I installed a front facing dash cam in my 2018 Fit. This past Friday it paid for itself several times over. (Last 20 seconds at https://youtu.be/Q6fKAUc2vGU WARINING! Turn the sound off if you don't want to hear my expletives).

My insurance adjuster said that 99% of these lane change collisions are settled 50/50 as it's usually a he said/she said situation. That means I would have had to pay my $250 deductible for an accident that wasn't my fault. The adjuster said the dash cam video is an insurance adjuster's dream and proved fault or lack there of 100%.

I'd like to put one in the rear as well, but mounting and power are a much bigger issue. I was wondering if anyone has put one in.
I'm unclear on what happened here.....the dude in the left lane swerved into you??? Am guessing??? Should not be your fault at all, especially from the vid

Old 05-09-2018, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
I'm unclear on what happened here.....the dude in the left lane swerved into you??? Am guessing??? Should not be your fault at all, especially from the vid
Yes that's exactly what happened. Not my fault at all. My insurance agreed.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
Bro, were you driving in Laguna Niguel?

Old 05-10-2018, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Rear Dash Cam

I mounted a rear dash cam to the back of my GD3. With the help of a "parts bin" full of miscellaneous SLR camera mounting hardware, I was able to cobble together a mount. That was the easy part of the project. Routing the power line and RCA cable was time consuming.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gekisen
Bro, were you driving in Laguna Niguel?
I was... By Costco.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by macbuddy
I mounted a rear dash cam to the back of my GD3. With the help of a "parts bin" full of miscellaneous SLR camera mounting hardware, I was able to cobble together a mount. That was the easy part of the project. Routing the
Did you go through the wiring harness on the left side of the hatch?

Old 05-10-2018, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
I've had a close call at that exact spot haha.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Did you go through the wiring harness on the left side of the hatch?
i just used my own set of lines.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
just gotta LOVE those morons who don't know how to function in dual/triple turn lanes. I almost got hit by a TN State Trooper one day, in a similar situation.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:03 AM
Just for these occasions when an accident may occur, I too just purchased a dash cam for my Fit and will install it tomorrow. Good piece of mine, specially if it’s not your fault.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:53 PM
I installed a Rexing which has a rear cam option. Wire runs all the way back to the rear glass mounted camera.
info to come...

Old 05-10-2018, 07:04 PM
I put the rear facing camera just above the rear view mirror to capture a wider side angle.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
Here is mine. It connects to the front camera so does not need it's own power supply:

Dash Cam mirror

If you weren't really looking for it, the rear camera is hard to see.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:51 AM
Here is what I went with:

Old 05-27-2018, 07:34 PM
I installed a front facing dash cam in my 2018 Fit. This past Friday it paid for itself several times over. (Last 20 seconds at https://youtu.be/Q6fKAUc2vGU WARINING! Turn the sound off if you don't want to hear my expletives).

I was involved in a incident that i had to go to court to get my ticket cleared. I only had a front facing dash at the time of incident. Anyways, after the incident, i upgraded to a dual channel.

https://www.lukasdashcam.com/dashcam...kas-lk-7950-wd

this is the one i had. I bought mine on costco about 1 ~ 2 years ago. I tested it before install, its quite a nice device, it has wifi which you can switch on, which allows you to watch footage or download video immediately.

As for installation, i put the sticker on and stick them on the front and back window. For the rear, i place it on top of the very 1st heater line and in the center position where the wiper blade can wipe. (for good video on all seasons). I plug the dash cam in and start shoving the cables into the right side of the plastic, the cable then goes down the front door, goes onto a flat area under/below the glove box and to the front voltage plug.

I do recommend plastic bits you can buy to install. My espresso spoon made small indents on the plastic bit. You won't realize its there unless you inspect it in detail, but if your a perfectionist, you definitely don't want to do what i do.

Last edited by justanewbie; 06-07-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 05-27-2018, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justanewbie
https://www.lukasdashcam.com/dashcam...kas-lk-7950-wd

this is the one i had. I bought mine on costco about 1 ~ 2 years ago. I tested it before install, its quite a nice device, it has wifi which you can switch on, which allows you to watch footage or download video immediately.

As for installation, i put the sticker on and stick them on the front and back window. For the rear, i place it on top of the very 1st heater line and in the center position where the wiper blade can wipe. (for good video on all seasons).

Thanks for the info. Does the rear camera stay stuck on the window when you close the rear hatch?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the info. Does the rear camera stay stuck on the window when you close the rear hatch?

no, it won't, i leave a little extra, i'll take a pic tomorrow to show you what i mean.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:03 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SR14626
Just for these occasions when an accident may occur, I too just purchased a dash cam for my Fit and will install it tomorrow. Good piece of mine, specially if it’s not your fault.
so wat do u do if u cause the accident? delete the vid and remove it from the car before the cops show up?

Old 05-28-2018, 11:05 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
op- sorry to see your accident, people are so faking stupid. this am i saw an accident similar to that during my drive. but it was a 3 car accident where some lady smashed into the car that was getting hit. in your case it wouldve been u getting hit from the side and the rear..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Dash Cam