3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Would you buy again?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ive always mentioned the Fit is a surface road car.. so i agree. high rpm is tiring especially on long expressway commutes with the Fit's MT.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
No hate here, Robs. Like you, my last non-MT vehicle was even farther back in the 70's (Buick Skylark GS) until my '16 LX CVT.

It's my understanding that the CVT has a much wider gearing range than the MT, which is what led me in that direction, plus the top gear on the 6MT is essentially the same ratio as the top gear on the old 5MT Fits. My old '08 Sport 5MT was a screamer at highway speeds, and I had enough of that.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Super annoying. Every Honda I've owned with a MT has been like that. CRV: could be 3500rpm on the highway. SO LOUD! And why? The 2.4L has plenty of power to maintain speed at lower RPMs, and would get way better fuel economy ...

Old 05-15-2018, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
I watched the Abarth video.
Kind of interesting because he pretty much gives it low scores in nearly every category, except for the fact that he likes how it sounds, and just thinks it's fun to drive. And that is enough for him to elevate it well into recommend status.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
yah, the abarth is cool, but recently been thinking if im getting a clown car id get the new JCW cooper-s. they have this insane sounding exhaust option. still slow though.. wish they can make them AWD and faster.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2

I'd buy the Civic HB Sport. It's a larger vehicle, so inherently safer in crash tests.
Larger vehicles aren't automatically safer. There are plenty of big SUVs that have gotten lousy grades in crash tests. There's more to safety than mass and space.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
I'll probably get another Toyota

Old 05-17-2018, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, the abarth is cool, but recently been thinking if im getting a clown car id get the new JCW cooper-s. they have this insane sounding exhaust option. still slow though.. wish they can make them AWD and faster.
Kind of a funny review in the video.
He pretty much goes point by point, saying.."This isn't very good, and this isn't very good,..."

Then drives it, and enjoys it so much, he goes RECOMMEND!

Kind of a testament to how much the feel/sound of a vehicle impacts our perception of it.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
Larger vehicles aren't automatically safer. There are plenty of big SUVs that have gotten lousy grades in crash tests. There's more to safety than mass and space.
That's true that they aren't automatically safer, but if I were to get into a crash between a big SUV or a Fit, I'd rather be in the SUV.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by SHAG
I'll probably get another Toyota
Why would you buy another Toyota?

Old 05-17-2018, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by robs
I like the Fit alot. I love it size. How maneuverable it is. It sips gas. It's really fun to drive...

Not sure I'd do another one. Why? This will bring out the haters. I've owned a manual transmission car since 1984. I really don't like the transmission on the Fit. Gear ratios are just too close together, and 4k rpm at 75mph wears on me.

Bring on the hate.
maybe drive slower? Jk, I just listen to music, engine noise isn’t that big of a deal to me at least. At least you can tell when something is wrong with the engine.

if engine noise wasn’t an issue would you get a 2018 if you could?

Old 05-17-2018, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GettingFitted
Why would you buy another Toyota?
I think the quality is better and have local dealer 5 miles away.

Nearest Honda dealer is 80 miles.

The reason I didn't buy Toyota this time is because the 2 models I was interested in didn't have smart key and push button start along with a few other things..... They do now!

Old 05-18-2018, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
We are drawing closer to the point where the next generation of Fit will be released, assuming Honda doesn't pull a Ford and eliminate the model.

If my car got totaled, I'd be tempted to wait the next two years to see what's available. I'm intrigued by the new Corolla hatch, but I also won't buy the first year model of a new car.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Farrago
We are drawing closer to the point where the next generation of Fit will be released, assuming Honda doesn't pull a Ford and eliminate the model.

If my car got totaled, I'd be tempted to wait the next two years to see what's available. I'm intrigued by the new Corolla hatch, but I also won't buy the first year model of a new car.
I was just about to start a thread about the next generation...if there is one.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
yah wouldnt be surprised if honda cans the idea and i honestly wouldnt care at this point.

honda's hatch is the civic hatch.. kinda going back in history.

Old 05-19-2018, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Honda sells the Fit/Jazz in many many countries around the world where large cars and big SUVs simply don't sell well because of lower buyer incomes/the high price of gasoline or narrow/poorly maintained roads, etc. The International market alone will ensure that Honda continues to develop and sell the Fit/Jazz although they could in theory afford to drop it from North America where sales are weak.

It was easier for Ford to drop the cars that they did because their International sales for those cars aren't a factor. Ford has decided to gamble by grabbing the money now from big SUVs and not worry about what might happen if the price of gasoline suddenly soars and they don't have a diversified portfolio of vehicles in N. America to absorb the shock..

Old 05-19-2018, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by woof
Honda sells the Fit/Jazz in many many countries around the world where large cars and big SUVs simply don't sell well because of lower buyer incomes/the high price of gasoline or narrow/poorly maintained roads, etc. The International market alone will ensure that Honda continues to develop and sell the Fit/Jazz although they could in theory afford to drop it from North America where sales are weak.

It was easier for Ford to drop the cars that they did because their International sales for those cars aren't a factor. Ford has decided to gamble by grabbing the money now from big SUVs and not worry about what might happen if the price of gasoline suddenly soars and they don't have a diversified portfolio of vehicles in N. America to absorb the shock..
I respectfully disagree. The Focus and Fiesta are big sellers in Europe, especially England, and elsewhere around the globe.

Of course, this doesn't change what Honda may do with the Fit in North America. I don't want any other car, so I hope it continues. I love mine very much.

Old 05-19-2018, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be surprised if they discontinue it. I see plenty of Fits, they make money on it now its made in Mexico, and there would be a big gap left size and price wise now the civic is so large.

I could see them slimming the Fit and HRV down to one model though, with a wider price band. That would not be the worst thing though, the cars are already very similar. Of course they might actually sell MORE by keeping them separate because some people zero in on "I want an SUV only" or vice versa and look at nothing else.

Personally would like an HRV with the 1.5lt, rwd and an inch lower. Yeah that'll definitely happen.

Old 05-19-2018, 03:10 PM
This conversation surprises me. Finally read through it... I am surprised when people don't get what they want out of a car. The Fit is a solid economy car, but it is weird to see so many comparisons against other classes of cars.

My Fit was designed to be a reliable/ warrantied car in my fleet. It has the versatility to do all the things a daily driver should, but it also offers all the trimming of an older generation of cars, ie: physical e-brake, thin pillars, manual gearbox, no automation (lane sensing, adaptive cruise, etc). It hearkens back to the height of Honda (90's), but offers the mpg and modernity of a new car.

Most people may not have other cars, but I am surprised when people "find" things about this car that they didn't like. Did the dealer stop you from looking under the car? Did they deny you time to inspect the interior? I understand the sentiment of the thread and I don't really mean to derail it... but I am amused by the people that have significant complaints. My one issue is that I think the gearbox angles aren't ideal, but this is because I cycle between 3 gearboxes and their geometries are different... I might seem shitty here, but this thread is weird.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by preludes&fit
This conversation surprises me. Finally read through it... I am surprised when people don't get what they want out of a car. The Fit is a solid economy car, but it is weird to see so many comparisons against other classes of cars.

My Fit was designed to be a reliable/ warrantied car in my fleet. It has the versatility to do all the things a daily driver should, but it also offers all the trimming of an older generation of cars, ie: physical e-brake, thin pillars, manual gearbox, no automation (lane sensing, adaptive cruise, etc). It hearkens back to the height of Honda (90's), but offers the mpg and modernity of a new car.

Most people may not have other cars, but I am surprised when people "find" things about this car that they didn't like. Did the dealer stop you from looking under the car? Did they deny you time to inspect the interior? I understand the sentiment of the thread and I don't really mean to derail it... but I am amused by the people that have significant complaints. My one issue is that I think the gearbox angles aren't ideal, but this is because I cycle between 3 gearboxes and their geometries are different... I might seem shitty here, but this thread is weird.
Just imagine if you could test drive cars for 500 miles. I bet people often wouldn’t buy what they thought they wanted if they could do that. People make quick decisions by sitting in a new car for 10 minutes and driving it less than 10 miles. Problem is people can’t do that and they ultimately are stuck with said vehicle. Have people forgotten what a vehicle is for in the first place?

I find the most laughable complaints are about road noise. Engines, steel, rubber and glass screaming down the road are bound to create noise. It is apparently a big deal for people. I have yet to understand their issue.

I won’t fly because passenger jets have too much sky noise.

Quick Reply: Would you buy again?