3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

digital Speedometer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 09:12 PM
digital Speedometer?

I can't seem to find a answer if the new 2018/2019 Fit has a digital speedometer or not. Seems a really strange thing not to have with the center display in the speedometer right there.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
I haven seen at least in america(us,canada, and mexico).
But I do not think so it is to expensive to hace it. Not even the accord has it so it makes no sense.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
It's an analog speedometer in my 2018 Fit, but there is a separate small cruise control readout which gives a digital readout of the speed which you set the cruise control for. I would guess speed information is all digital but it's converted to analog for the analog speedometer which Honda chose to use.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
What’s the appeal of a digital speedometer anyway? I find them gimmicky and annoying, personally.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:41 PM
I forgot whether I saw this with my 2010 or 2016 Fit but there was a code you could put into the radio to get a readout of the speed. I read it somewhere here on fitfreak.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
I don't get it either, but I saw an article not too long ago saying most kids nowdays can't read analog clocks. For the kids who are interested enough to actually buy a car instead of burying their face in the phone all day, a traditional dash might not make any sense- like they literally might not be able to read it.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
What’s the appeal of a digital speedometer anyway? I find them gimmicky and annoying, personally.
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
I don't get it either, but I saw an article not too long ago saying most kids nowdays can't read analog clocks. For the kids who are interested enough to actually buy a car instead of burying their face in the phone all day, a traditional dash might not make any sense- like they literally might not be able to read it.
Agreed with above. I don't mind an analog speedometer, and I'm wearing an analog watch on a daily basis.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
I guess in my case, I have a lifetime of reading analog gauges, so I don’t see an advantage to a digital speedometer. That was one of the things I hated about the older Civics with the “split level” dash with a digital speedometer and an analog tach below. It looked like Honda was trying too hard to be clever and it didn’t quite work

Then again, I still wear an analog watch, so what do I know?

Besides, digital speedometers are so “80’s”.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 05-24-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
My S2000 has a digital speedometer. My Fit has an analog speedometer.

The S2000 is quicker at a glance & generally more user friendly.

But I'm in my twenties, so I'm not yelling at too many clouds yet.

As usual boomers, aka the people who have caused literally all of current America's problems, continue to convince themselves they're superior to groups they are worse than in every single regard.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:34 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
the large speedo makes it easier to see while driving into the sun. my Golfs can toggle it but i don’t find myself using it. it’s always on oil temp.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:46 PM
You can complain about baby boomers all you want but it's the younger generation that doesn't turn out on election day nearly as much as the older folks...

Old 05-25-2018, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
I'm 35, but I can read an analog speedometer. I bet anyone who cares enough about cars to be posting on a forum can read them too, and they aren't the people I was talking about.

The S2000 is a fine car, but there are plenty of sports cars with analog gauges, too. I had a 92 NSX from 2007 until last year, and yes, that's a generation older than your car, but the last time I checked out the Porsche section at the car show, they had an analog tach right in the middle. Really it comes down to current style and personal preference unless you either prep the car for serious racing... or can't read a clock.

I was all set to get into a long winded political debate, until I reminded myself this is a car forum, so I'll just say this. Of course boomers caused problems the current generation has to fix. Every generation faces problems the last generation caused- the whole Cold War came right out of the end of WW2. Your kids and mine will probably be posting on a hovercar forum about how much we sucked for the problems they end up with thirty years from now.

They might even complain about how their own kids prefer retinal projections instead of traditional digital speedometers.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
A needle-style speedometer actually gives you more information. You can read speed by the needle's position, and you can read acceleration/deceleration by the needle's movement.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
As usual boomers, aka the people who have caused literally all of current America's problems, continue to convince themselves they're superior to groups they are worse than in every single regard.
Watch it, now.....the A$$hole boomers have caused the current problems, just like the A$$holes in control from any generation will cause the problems. There are plenty of us cool boomers flyin' our freak flags high, fightin' to set things right. It ain't an easy task, and....I'm tired, dammit

Old 05-25-2018, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
I think I read a similar or the same article.
I was surprised and dismayed that we are raising a generation incapable of telling time on an analog clock.

More upsetting to me was that evidently SCHOOLS in England are removing analog clocks and replacing them with digital, because kids can't tell time.

Uh...

How about the SCHOOLS TEACH the kids how to tell time? Instead of supporting their ignorance?

I remember, pretty young, actually having grade school teacher spend 10-20 minutes teaching our class how to tell time.
It was far from the hardest lesson we ever had, I think in about 10 minutes the entire class could "tell time".

Personally? I'm "old school" I like analog watches, traditional speedometers. That isn't to say I don't own both analog and digital, but knowing how to read both, shouldn't be something lost in our culture. Shameful.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i luv my analog clock in my garage cause i can tell the time from the end of my driveway. can’t do dat with digital.. ofcourse i could ask siri..

Old 05-25-2018, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
we have a digital speedo/analog tach in the XB2 all in the center and it certainly is a different look and I think the digital is kinda cool, like I'm riding with George Jetson over Little Dipper School ...

Old 07-04-2018, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Analog Speedometer Confirmed on 2019 Fit

Originally Posted by dizny71
I can't seem to find a answer if the new 2018/2019 Fit has a digital speedometer or not. Seems a really strange thing not to have with the center display in the speedometer right there.
I just got my 2019 Honda Fit EX - it has an analog speedometer in the middle. You can change the mileage to from KM to Miles on the left hand window.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
Or, we could have simply looked at the photos on Honda’s website.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
My 2012 civic had a digital speedo. I was concerned I would not like it. I actually ended up liking it better than the analog counterparts.

Quick Reply: digital Speedometer?