3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The "JDM Rear Wiper Mod" for your GK

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
The "JDM Rear Wiper Mod" for your GK

I am not sure what makes this mod "JDM" but that's what the original thread was called so it must be real...

Ladies and gentlemen, here it is:

My rear wiper is now "standing at attention". The original thread is from 2010 (but it's still applicable GKs) and it to goes into detail about why and how to do the mod. It was an easy mod and for me it is just another small unique touch to my poser build...

Old 07-19-2018, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
You should spring for a spray can of PlastiDip and black out those non-lighting/non-reflective red pieces going up the sides of the hatch glass ….2 nuts on each to undo, take 'em off and spray several coats of black dip (allowing for dry time), an afternoon of virtually no work (other than waiting for previous coat to dry), but looks SOOOO much better than those nunfunctional messes or red.....can't imagine what Honda was thinking, other than perhaps "It'll kinda look like a CRV" ??? If they had tapered the bottom to "blend" in with the taillight line, it would look better - the abrupt cutoff at the bottom of the glass was a major turn-off for me, ymmv

Old 07-19-2018, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
You should spring for a spray can of PlastiDip and black out those non-lighting/non-reflective red pieces going up the sides of the hatch glass ….2 nuts on each to undo, take 'em off and spray several coats of black dip (allowing for dry time), an afternoon of virtually no work (other than waiting for previous coat to dry), but looks SOOOO much better than those nunfunctional messes or red.....can't imagine what Honda was thinking, other than perhaps "It'll kinda look like a CRV" ??? If they had tapered the bottom to "blend" in with the taillight line, it would look better - the abrupt cutoff at the bottom of the glass was a major turn-off for me, ymmv
Did you do it? Got pics?

Old 07-19-2018, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I did it to our black '15, but no pics. If my Fit was red, I'd consider leaving it as is, but any other color, I'd black it out, just my opinion. There are pics somewhere on here of a white Fit with them blacked out, shall see if I can find the post

Old 07-19-2018, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Here's a thread with a blue Fit with them blacked out, I dunno how, and a white with "carbon fiber wrap" of some sort, I guess. When I did it, the PlastiDip dried to a slightly textured matte finish, sorta like the interior dash etc plastics. And if ya don't like the results, it's supposed to peel off....I love it Again, ymmv https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...eflectors.html

Old 07-19-2018, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for posting this up Rick! I cant wait to steal this idea and apply it to my car

^^^ that does look kinda clean, to black out the upper reflectors