3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Revvin in neutral

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
Revvin in neutral

When did honda limit the revs in neutral to like 4k? in my 2008 I could go all the way to the redline in neutral. Any simple way to change this?

Old 07-28-2018, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Now, that's funny.

Are your neighbors irked by your noisy, rumbling Ford Mustang? The new "Quiet" mode available on the 2018 Mustang GT could bring peace and harmony to your block.

Last edited by wasserball; 07-28-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
I just like to be able to rev freely lol

Old 07-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
lol maybe someone has a reflash to remove said rev limiter..

Old 07-28-2018, 11:34 AM
Because LaunchControl

Old 07-28-2018, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
When did honda limit the revs in neutral to like 4k?
It's what the engineers want in this car.

in my 2008 I could go all the way to the redline in neutral.
That's not the same car.

Any simple way to change this?
Simple? No. LOL

Old 07-28-2018, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
When did honda limit the revs in neutral to like 4k? in my 2008 I could go all the way to the redline in neutral. Any simple way to change this?
Are you eleven years old

Old 07-28-2018, 04:16 PM
When did honda limit the revs in neutral to like 4k?

Originally Posted by mike410b
Are you eleven years old
I love riddles!
Was it 12 years ago?

Old 07-28-2018, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
It's all about safety. My sister would sometimes mistaken gas pedal for brake ... and revs would go up ... brap brap brap ... and wal mart people would start looking at her funny ... and after she would turn down the music ... she would realize what she had done: she was hitting the VTEC faster than any of the fanboyz ... xD

Old 07-28-2018, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CommanderSlug
It's all about safety. My sister would sometimes mistaken gas pedal for brake ... and revs would go up ... brap brap brap ... and wal mart people would start looking at her funny ... and after she would turn down the music ... she would realize what she had done: she was hitting the VTEC faster than any of the fanboyz ... xD
Your sister should be banned from driving.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
It's all about safety. My sister would sometimes mistaken gas pedal for brake ... . xD
. Years back, before my brother and I had moved out of the P's place, my brother had a Fiat 850 Spider (Spyder?), manual trans...for whatever reason, my dad decided to pull it into the driveway...long story short, the pedals were VERY narrowly spaced, and he put his foot on the clutch instead of the brake, and rolled through the garage door 🤣 LOL....one of those priceless memories of my youth

Old 07-28-2018, 10:52 PM
All cars used to have three pedals.
Then there were two.
Now you can operate an EV with a single pedal that makes car go both - fast and slow.
I strongly recommend for everyone to make an honest assessment of their abilities and buy a car with an appropriate number of pedals.
So there are no oopsies like those described in posts above.

Old 07-29-2018, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Your sister should be banned from driving.
I could not have agreed more. At one point in time, my dad banned her from borrowing his car and told her to get something of her own that she could smash into a wall on her own account, at her own expense. And so she did ... not only get her own car but also smashed it 2 years later into the exit ramp jersey barriers doing 60mph in a 20mph rated ramp: not a scratch on her skin in the aftermath; she gave me the car to fix and bought something else. My sister was a blackberry queen back in the day, and multitasking her brain out was her thing. To top things off with icing on the cake.. she was driving manual. She crashed her subsequent car as well ... all her fault ... luckily nothing major. But there is a good thing out of all this coming out at the end of the tunnel: namely, today she is a safe driver and also switched to an older CRV with the auto. She clearly has learned her lessons and knows how to drive properly ... albeit she is now the iPhone queen.... and still multitasking.... xD

Old 07-29-2018, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
i have a neighbor with three girls in the house. each time i walk by their house with my dog, their respective cars have brand new dents and scratches. i can only imagine how much their insurance rates are.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
well if its a single car collision and not claimed for repair, should be no different..

..oh wait, not supposed to answer with serious answers..

Originally Posted by vinylengraver
All cars used to have three pedals.
Then there were two.
how does dat work? u got 3 legs?

Old 07-29-2018, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
how does dat work? u got 3 legs?
Well, I don’t like to brag, but the ladies have told me....

Old 07-29-2018, 06:14 PM
I could not have agreed more. At one point in time, my dad banned her from borrowing his car and told her to get something of her own that she could smash into a wall on her own account, at her own expense. And so she did ... not only get her own car but also smashed it 2 years later into the exit ramp jersey barriers doing 60mph in a 20mph rated ramp: not a scratch on her skin in the aftermath; she gave me the car to fix and bought something else. My sister was a blackberry queen back in the day, and multitasking her brain out was her thing. To top things off with icing on the cake.. she was driving manual. She crashed her subsequent car as well ... all her fault ... luckily nothing major. But there is a good thing out of all this coming out at the end of the tunnel: namely, today she is a safe driver and also switched to an older CRV with the auto. She clearly has learned her lessons and knows how to drive properly ... albeit she is now the iPhone queen.... and still multitasking.... xD
No, she's not at all a safe driver if she's playing with her phone while driving. At some point she should have the sense to give up driving and just uber everywhere. Before she kills someone.

Old 07-29-2018, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
No, she's not at all a safe driver if she's playing with her phone while driving. At some point she should have the sense to give up driving and just uber everywhere. Before she kills someone.
Yeah this. Vehicular homicide is not a laughing matter.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
yah texting while driving should be a comparable offense to DUI.

not only for those dat get hit by dese irresponsible drivers, but for others dat have to tolerate congestion!

Old 07-30-2018, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
I love riddles!
Was it 12 years ago?
heh, that made me lol

whats the answer to that riddle tho?! the suspense is killing me

Quick Reply: Revvin in neutral