3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2019 Fit Remote Start

Old 07-30-2018, 01:13 AM
2019 Fit Remote Start

Hello,

I'm currently shopping for a new Fit, and had a question that I can't find an answer to anywhere. Sorry if it's been posted before, but I searched and did not find.

Is remote start standard on the 2019? I notice that on the 2018 build tool it was an add on option, on 2019 it's not, but it's also not listed as standard anywhere, including brochure, or any review video I can find.

I've messed with aftermarket remote starts in the past and never been happy, so if for some reason it's no longer offered on 2019 models that limits my search to 2018.
(obviously it will be obvious upon test drive, but I find it odd I can't find that online ANYWHERE.)

Thanks for the help,
Rob

EDIT
I accidentally posted this in the FAQ section instead of here, but maybe it will fare well there as well. Mods can decide, sorry.

Also, this will be my first fit, came for the reliability and practicality, seriously considering buying because they look fun as well!

Old 07-30-2018, 02:30 AM
I worked at Honda for over a year, but I don't remember seeing a fit with remote start. You can't really "build" your Honda. Let's say you wanted leather and no sun roof, well you can't get it like that. Trim levels for Hondas come only one way. Honda isn't like most manufacturers.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
I haven't heard the remote start feature was standard on the GK5. The factory alarm can be added on at the dealership. It was an option given to me while buying the car and I passed on it because then you have to carry an additional key fob around. Plus it had the annoying "feature" of turning off the car that you just remote started as soon as you open the door. Seemed dumb...

Old 07-30-2018, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
I have a 2019 Honda Fit EX model and it does not have a remote start. Unsure of the EX-L model.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:57 AM
For 2018 it was an add on accessory. I don't have the price sheet from my local dealer, but I'm fairly certain there is an OEM option. You don't purchase the Fit with it, you would purchase the accessory for your vehicle and have the dealer install it. Just ask for their accessory price sheet, they will usually list the installed price.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
This is a question best asked to a salesman since Honda's literature doesn't talk about it (that usually means no).

Old 07-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
salesman don’t usually have info either..

Old 07-30-2018, 12:09 PM
Thanks all for the info!
It gets cold here, my wife will insist on it one way or another.
I was hoping it would be available as a factory option, i hate extra fobs
Actually, this will be my only key that has plastic on it at all, the rest of my fleet was built pre-2000

I'll look around, ask the dealer, see if there's any low mileage used with it.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Helios
For 2018 it was an add on accessory. I don't have the price sheet from my local dealer, but I'm fairly certain there is an OEM option. You don't purchase the Fit with it, you would purchase the accessory for your vehicle and have the dealer install it. Just ask for their accessory price sheet, they will usually list the installed price.
Was it on the monroney or the addendum? I have a feeling you got put together. Hondas don't make anything an option other than navi and sensing. I've never seen remote start as an accessory and that's when my parts guy would show me the oem accessories.
Originally Posted by woof
This is a question best asked to a salesman since Honda's literature doesn't talk about it (that usually means no).
I was a salesman for Honda, fits don't have it.
Originally Posted by kenchan
salesman don’t usually have info either..
For things like that, we do. 😂 if they don't know they are probably new or a shitty salesmen.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:25 PM
It's Honda OEM. You get one key fob with the unit, can buy an additional if you want. Here is an example of the instructions (straight from Honda): https://www.bernardiparts.com/Images...II04255-16.pdf

Honda parts needed:

Unit: https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-...1-T2A-100.aspx
Wire Harness: https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-...2-T5A-XXX.aspx

Old 07-30-2018, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Cruciarius
I have a 2019 Honda Fit EX model and it does not have a remote start. Unsure of the EX-L model.
Definitely not standard then, thanks!
Originally Posted by Hairymonkey019
Was it on the monroney or the addendum? I have a feeling you got put together. Hondas don't make anything an option other than navi and sensing. I've never seen remote start as an accessory and that's when my parts guy would show me the oem accessories.

I was a salesman for Honda, fits don't have it.

For things like that, we do. 😂 if they don't know they are probably new or a shitty salesmen.
If you go here https://automobiles.honda.com/2018/fit#build-price-app Then electronic options at the bottom, there is electronic start option
Looking closer, it looks like they probably have the dealer add it.
Also, not applicable for Manual Transmissions, so it's irrelevant anyway!

I'll have to add my own aftermarket

Old 07-30-2018, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Helios
It's Honda OEM. You get one key fob with the unit, can buy an additional if you want. Here is an example of the instructions (straight from Honda): https://www.bernardiparts.com/Images...II04255-16.pdf

Honda parts needed:

Unit: https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-...1-T2A-100.aspx
Wire Harness: https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-...2-T5A-XXX.aspx
I stand corrected, great info!

Old 07-30-2018, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
see.. end users usually know more. why i think cars should be available online to buy, bypass useless salesman.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:48 PM
see.. end users usually know more. why i think cars should be available online to buy, bypass useless salesman.
I wouldn't take it that far. Only a handful of people come in knowing what they want vs. People come in wanting to be sold on something they knew nothing about. The idea is already out there, but there's plenty of holes in that idea that would have to be taken care of. Bank approvals, people who know nothing about the vehicles, people who want to be more informed about the vehicles, learn more about financing vs leasing, a guide for first time buyers, etc. Eventually car sales people won't be a thing, possibly an educator. Anyway, didn't mean to hi jack thread. Sorry op!

Old 08-03-2018, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
I had OEM remote start installed on my EX-L at the dealer. Works fine; had I known engine shuts down as soon as I open the door ... I would have passed on the install. But the engine shuts down only on push-button start models. I guess for LX trims you just put the key in and turn it to accessory and you're good to go.

The OE system looks like a good quality unit. It's a 2 way system and has features such as setting your time before auto-shut-off or check temps while warming up. Also, it's a pita to install, that's why I had the dealer do it... and they also have to use their computer to pair up the chips. The official Honda install time is 2 hours and my dealer did it in 5 ... with 2 techs working at it.

Last edited by CommanderSlug; 08-03-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know, on the Honda Website, I can "build" a 2019 Honda Fit EX with CVT, that can include a remote engine start system, as an electronics upgrade.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Toyota Canada did the experiment with online buying in my Province as a test project for a wider rollout. I think it ran for a year or two and it was a failure. They pulled the plug and as far as I know haven't revisited the idea.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by woof
Toyota Canada did the experiment with online buying in my Province as a test project for a wider rollout. I think it ran for a year or two and it was a failure. They pulled the plug and as far as I know haven't revisited the idea.
well u are talking about canadians and toyota folks..

jokes aside, there should be an online way to buy cars direct from the wholesaler or distributor. i was out buying my 19 WRX last weekend and im like dealing with this bogus 60-something old fart wasting like 2hours sitting there throwing prices at each other with finance guy also trying to sell shit i told them up front i DONT need. im like WTF.. car buying should be test drive and check car 30-45min + pay and sign docs 15min = 60min total.

the fastest ever purchase was my 12 GE, and it was literally about 1hr tops start to finish so i know it can be done.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
btw that dealer i went to last weekend isnt my usual dealer i go to, so made it worse. it was a haul to get there too.. no one else in my area had a 2019 yet in the trim and options i wanted.

Old 08-04-2018, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Wouldn't you say this is the direction auto buying is going in anyway?
All major dealerships, nearly all dealerships have websites now. Most of them have some form of online buying option. Or an internet contact.

My last two purchases of new vehicles have been a situation where the dealership I dealt with got in a big shipment of the vehicle I wanted, and were selling in quantity a mass of the vehicle I wanted, at a uniform price.
So basically it was just walk on the lot, test drive one, make the deal. Didn't need to haggle over price, and I knew what I wanted and was getting.

But in the future, if I ever am shopping in a more complicated manner? I think I'd look at a buying service or internet purchase.
There is really no excuse as a consumer today, to NOT know exactly what you want, what is available and how much you want or should be paying.
Which means I don't feel I need the salesman to sell me, and yeah, who likes the old run around, with salesman, finance manager, smoke and mirrors?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Fit Remote Start