3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2019 Fit Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 05:12 PM
2019 ex-l checking in here. I do not have remote start.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Borgus
2019 ex-l checking in here. I do not have remote start.
You have to pay to play.
As far as I can tell, it IS an available "electronics" upgrade.
But it is NOT standard equipment.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Just bought a 2018 and got remote start. I'm not certain how much this applies to the 2019, but I do remember playing around with both on the online builder thing at Honda's website. Both are basically the same with the only difference being some wording on the remote start window that pops up when you add them to the car.

If your dealership doesn't say "oh sure, we can do that" when you ask them about remote start, buy elsewhere. That'd be my advice. It's such a simple add-on that adds so much value they should know exactly how to do it already.

On the 2018 (and I suspect the 2019 as well) there are actually a couple different options. You can get one that works off the factory smart key fob (press Lock 3 times to remote start) or one that works off a separate fob over a longer distance. If you really want to shell out you can get it linked to an app on your smartphone (CL6) that will let you remote start from anywhere you have a data connection. Useful if you leave your car in long-term parking somewhere and want to fire it up every couple weeks to keep the battery charged. Or if you want to show off to people impressed by smartphone apps.

To circle back to my earlier advice - your dealer should be able to explain all the options to you easily. If they don't already know the answer, I'd question just how much help they're going to be in the future. You want guys who know these cars inside and out and can explain to you why the walk away auto-lock stopped working after you got gas. (Because you accidentally pulled the hood lever too far reaching for the fuel door release, and the car won't auto-lock the doors if the hood or hatch reads as being open.) Stuff like that. I have my salesman's number saved on my phone and text him anytime I have a question. He's awesome about getting back to me pretty quick.