3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Proud new owner of a 2018 Fit EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Proud new owner of a 2018 Fit EX-L

Good day all. This is my first post here. So my 2007 Fit Sport was fishboned when a pickup truck blew through his stop sign. Thankfully no one was hurt. But my poor car was totaled. I really didn't drive the car all that much. It had 40,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new when it first came out, and I really loved it. I was absolutely floored when my insurance cut me a check for nearly 6k. I didn't expect that much.

So I went down to the dealership, and I was able to get a good deal on an 18 EX-L. I was debating between another Fit & the new Civics, but I went with the Fit because the price was right + it had Honda Sense and remote keyless entry/pushbutton that I really wanted. Those features added to a civic were just out of my price range. I went with the Lunar Silver model which is definitely more metallic than the 07's silver. I really love it. It was between that & the Modern Steel. But this was all they had left in stock for the 2018s. Besides I always worry about darker colored cars & scratches/dirt showing easily.

So far my only grip is the armrest. Why oh why couldn't they give us a functional arm rest. I mean seriously guys. I'm gonna go look for the arm rest solutions thread here because I'm sure there is one.

RIP 07 Fit, you served me so well over the years.
​​​​​​Name:  Jc50zYj.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  1.94 MB

Old 08-16-2018, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Congratulations on your new Fit.
I'm going to offer two opinions. One is that while I really do like the new Civics, I think in an big city urban environment, I'd much rather have the subcompact, for maneuverability and ease of parking.
Also...
When I first got my 2016 Fit, I felt the same way about the arm rest. I was trying several work arounds to improve it. Some people have made posts with their "fixes".
But I would say, after a couple months? I found myself missing the arm rest, less and less. Now I am to the point, where I actually kind of like the extra room NOT having a big armrest allows. It took a while to adjust to not having that place to rest my arm, but now that I have adjusted. It doesn't seem like that big a deal, and I kind of like NOT having it.

If you really hate the arm rest, there are some passable cushion, pillow, workarounds people have tried. You might just try a search. I couldn't really find one I liked.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
grats on the purchase!

would you mind sharing your experience, namely pro's and con's?