3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Splash Guards - Kinda Cool...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Splash Guards - Kinda Cool...

Purchased the splash guards for the BananaFit...

Fit really nicely...

Old 08-11-2018, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good!

Old 08-13-2018, 12:36 AM
Did you install them yourself? How hard was it? How long did it take? Are these the OEM factory splash guards? Looks great!

Old 08-13-2018, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BananaFit
Purchased the splash guards for the BananaFit...

Fit really nicely...

Nice too bad they don't have factory flaps for the sport trim. On that note, not to hijack your thread but... Is anyone else running these Rally Armor flaps?

Old 08-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Borgus
Did you install them yourself? How hard was it? How long did it take? Are these the OEM factory splash guards? Looks great!
Yes - I was able to install them myself... I did not use the clips on the drivers side as the access was too limited... just the screw driven through the black plastic wheel well cover. On the passenger side I was able to reach in behind the black plastic wheel well cover and run the screws into the clips... Don't know how Honda intended for the mechanic to reach up into the drivers side wheel well to use the clips??? Had to drill new holes on the bottom of the back wheel well covers for the pop-in fasteners... so you do need a drill motor and the proper size drill bit.

Attachment front and back took about 15-minutes...

Yes - these are from Honda...

Old 08-13-2018, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, the Honda splash guards are highly recommended. They do the job and look nice on the Fit.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UnFitRick
Nice too bad they don't have factory flaps for the sport trim. On that note, not to hijack your thread but... Is anyone else running these Rally Armor flaps?

Old 08-13-2018, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Rick's **POSER** Build. And they have already shipped...

Last edited by UnFitRick; 08-13-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
touché

lookin forward to seeing them on your car!

Old 08-13-2018, 08:18 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
was never a fan of mud flaps/splash guards. neither of my WRX runs them nor my Golf-R or GK for that matter.. it just makes the car look cheap and it's barely functional. well, dem armor flaps are probably functional but ur car aint a faking pickup truck!

Old 08-14-2018, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
was never a fan of mud flaps/splash guards. neither of my WRX runs them nor my Golf-R or GK for that matter.. it just makes the car look cheap and it's barely functional. well, dem armor flaps are probably functional but ur car aint a faking pickup truck!
​​​​​​"2016 Fit EX CVT (Bought for Wife)" You're killing me bro. As always thank you for your unabashed and unsolicited opinions. As I've already made clear on this forum, I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow; if I fail, if I succeed, at least I lived as I believe...

Old 08-14-2018, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
hey i’m just posting to let u folks know wat car guys like me think about rally mud flaps and for those considering to see things from another angle before (or after in ur case) purchase. it doesn’t matter wat i think is a bunch of bs.. cause u know u like to take things a bit out of bounds.

on my cars i only do the least amt of mods that have meaning. rally mud flaps is more of a hummmm i only have a little money to spend.. wat can i do to my street car....type of decoration da car doesnt need. youll understand once u put da thing on and get chuckled by folks behind u. yep don’t be dat guy..

Old 08-14-2018, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
da smaller oem looking ones are passable i thinks. but i still think it makes da car look cheap mainly because it is unpainted. cars in da lower trims tend to come with body parts dat are unpainted.. so why emphasize. and from my experience with car dat came with painted splash guards, not very functional. just as useless as door side moldings.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
hey i’m just posting to let u folks know wat car guys like me think about rally mud flaps and for those considering to see things from another angle before (or after in ur case) purchase. it doesn’t matter wat i think is a bunch of bs.. cause u know u like to take things a bit out of bounds.

on my cars i only do the least amt of mods that have meaning. rally mud flaps is more of a hummmm i only have a little money to spend.. wat can i do to my street car....type of decoration da car doesnt need. youll understand once u put da thing on and get chuckled by folks behind u. yep don’t be dat guy..
"...posting to let u folks know wat car guys like me think..." Classic.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:04 AM
Read for a light laugh- these may be truly function > form

. Is anyone else running these Rally Armor flaps?
i think some tweaking may get those factory gaurds to fit. As for these ?"mudflaps"- what has been seen cannot be unseen... -[runsaway]

Last edited by knope; 08-14-2018 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-14-2018, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by knope
i think some tweaking may get those factory gaurds to fit. As for these ?"mudflaps"- what has been seen cannot be unseen... -[runsaway]
And again more value added input from Knope...

Old 08-14-2018, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
"...posting to let u folks know wat car guys like me think..." Classic.
hey just being courteous. should just take the advice and think it over. an ecohatch FWD under powered CVT open diff low-ish riding car with rally mud flaps for regular street use. hummmm. classic rice.. no?

i mean its ur car.. never mind me. we can use comedy.. tia. haha

Old 08-14-2018, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
I like the first set of mud flaps pictured --- and greatly dislike the rally armor flaps.

And since my other car is a F430, what I think cannot be questioned.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:10 PM
I have both front and rear OEM splash guards aka mudflaps on mine.
Yes, they are black but I think they look okay on the white car. They match the rear bumper fake vents and all.
However, once I changed my wheels to ET40 offset and tires to 205 width... the car is being evenly splashed and covered with mud on both sides, so they do not guard much, if any. But they also do not flap, unlike Rally Armor ones, lol.
I had those on my 500 Abarth and the car looked hilarious.
But there are actually a few rally Abarths in real life, so that's okay.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
gentlemen .... there's no one "correct way" to mod a car

if someone wants to slap on mud flaps.... who are we to tell them "don't do that". TO EACH THEIR OWN, right?

vegans tell me all the time to stop eating meat .... *chuckle* .... spoiler alert = I still eat meat
I also drink beer excessively
AND, I sometimes leave the water running when I brush my teeth

/thug life

Quick Reply: Splash Guards - Kinda Cool...