3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Splash Guards - Kinda Cool...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 10:06 PM
**eating popcorn

Old 08-16-2018, 10:17 PM
I do not get it.
People can do whatever they want to their cars. Obviously.
As long as it is not unsafe to others.
But if hey post a question like: "hey, what do you think about this idea I had?" (whether the question was direct or implied) and as a result get negative comments, alternative suggestions or advice that they were not hoping for... they get all offended and it's a big deal.
If you don't like to be criticized and are not looking for all kinds of different (and often unsolicited) opinions, why are you asking for them?
Or are we supposed to be nice to each other no matter what?
Here's a definition:

Forum - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

It says nothing about avoiding controversy and never, ever hurting anyone's feelings.

I personally think this is a very civilized enjoyable and positive place to be. I've experienced much worse, for sure.
So far I have not seen any personal attacks, insults or general mockery.
I would say, it is as pleasant and cozy as it gets (for an automotive enthusiast forum that is)

And now, back on topic:
Mudflaps are great. They protect your car AND mine, as I drive behind you. From rocks flying at my windshield and a wall of water spraying from under your car reducing visibility during wet weather. Form or function? Everyone has preferences.

Last edited by vinylengraver; 08-16-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:17 PM
After I bought my Fit, I noticed how much rocks and dirt and mud the wheels kick up onto the body of the car. After the front passenger wheel kicked up a decent rock that removed paint on the passenger door, I opted for factory mud flaps. Have only installed them on the front so far, but I have noticed a big improvement.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:30 PM
i mostly agree with vinylengraver

personally im not a fan of the rally mudflaps. but i dont go beyond my thoughts of "not my cup of tea". i want to say they dont make sense...but 90% of any modifications i do to my cars or bikes are unnecessary. but this is coming from a guy who was building lowrider bicycles and then lowrider cars in the early 90's. hah. as much as it makes no sense to have a lowrider, theres nothing you can tell me that i havnt already heard the past 30 years that will sway me from wanting to "hit some switches". Hell Im probably too old now to be worrying about making my Honda Fit just a little bit more cool. But thats what I do. Thats what most of us here do. We tweak, we modify, we experiment, we waste money on our Honda Fits. Thats what we have in common. We come here to share ideas because our spouses and family dont care about our Fits fender clearance or sweet intake noises.. lol.

I appreciate everyone that posts anything they do to their car...problems they had, tips to be efficient, special deals they find....everything. Theres probably nothing I can do that hasnt already been done to these cars. However, I decided to created my build thread to share my journey because I have taken a lot from this site and simply want to give back. Not to brag or showoff. Just bond with my FIT Bros. Maybe its a little entertaining. Maybe someone is considering a part but just wants to get a bit more detail. Maybe someone is seeing what not to do. The internet can be awesome if we all respect eachother. just like in "real life".

so back to the mudflaps...lol

does anyone else miss the Honda mudflaps of the 90's? why arent they minimal and clean looking like that on cars anymore? i miss 1998...scrapin my oe flaps on my 91 prelude...