3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Splash Guards - Kinda Cool...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 04:07 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
right thanks for da comedy.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BananaFit
Yes - I was able to install them myself... I did not use the clips on the drivers side as the access was too limited... just the screw driven through the black plastic wheel well cover. On the passenger side I was able to reach in behind the black plastic wheel well cover and run the screws into the clips... Don't know how Honda intended for the mechanic to reach up into the drivers side wheel well to use the clips??? Had to drill new holes on the bottom of the back wheel well covers for the pop-in fasteners... so you do need a drill motor and the proper size drill bit.

Attachment front and back took about 15-minutes...

Yes - these are from Honda...
Were you able to install the rear guards without taking the wheel and fender liner out? The instructions say to remove the liner, drill holes, cut slots etc etc. I've had the whole set for a while but didn't want to mess with the rears.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
gentlemen .... there's no one "correct way" to mod a car

if someone wants to slap on mud flaps.... who are we to tell them "don't do that". TO EACH THEIR OWN, right?
here-here, and cheers!

Long live the rally b spec fit!

Old 08-15-2018, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
hey i’m just posting to let u folks know wat car guys like me think about rally mud flaps and for those considering to see things from another angle before (or after in ur case) purchase. it doesn’t matter wat i think is a bunch of bs.. cause u know u like to take things a bit out of bounds.

on my cars i only do the least amt of mods that have meaning. rally mud flaps is more of a hummmm i only have a little money to spend.. wat can i do to my street car....type of decoration da car doesnt need. youll understand once u put da thing on and get chuckled by folks behind u. yep don’t be dat guy..

right thanks for da comedy.
Ken, I have a final thought for you before you go back on my ignore list...

Claiming to be a "car guy" (if not "the car guy") and thereby implying that forum members who disagree with your opinions are obviously not "car guys" alienates your fellow forum members. In addition to being crass, this behavior is hateful, but apparently you don't care about that.

Regarding your wriitng, I have some observations for you:

I presume you consider the use of "da" and "dat" and other non-words to be part of your "signature writing style". Maybe in your tiny little corner of the internet your few but loyal followers find your writing style "cool", and although it is cute, it gets old. It also doesn't make you sound very smart. You may be smart, but writing like that just makes one sound like a doofus.

Additonally, when those non-words are combined with sporatic use of punctuation and capitalization, poor diction and sentence structure, and language that alienates fellow forum members, your written word goes from bad to worse: bad wriitng, bad content.

Many will come go on this forum, and I suppose I could even get banned for this post. However, the mods would never ban the "official blogger", and I have no doubt you will still be here, year after year, alienating those you've decided aren't "real car guys", and continuing your crowning literary achievement as the "official blogger" of Fitfreak; congratulations...

Last edited by UnFitRick; 08-15-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by knope
here-here, and cheers!

Long live the rally b spec fit!
Oh yes.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by UnFitRick
Nice too bad they don't have factory flaps for the sport trim. On that note, not to hijack your thread but... Is anyone else running these Rally Armor flaps?
I have custom installed universal UR red Rally Armor mud flaps on my SIlver GK LX6MT. With black advanti storm 17x7 storm wheels, tint, and window visors I think it looks really clean and adds a nice pop of color. I think the red flaps pair with the tall red tailights and reflectors really well. I'll upload some pictures soon.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
^^^

that guy rally's .... bro

Originally Posted by vinylengraver
Oh yes.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Attack of the emojis.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member

Claiming to be a "car guy" (if not "the car guy") and thereby implying that forum members who disagree with your opinions are obviously not "car guys" alienates your fellow forum members. In addition to being crass, this behavior is hateful, but apparently you don't care about that.

I presume you consider the use of "da" and "dat" and other non-words to be part of your "signature writing style". Maybe in your tiny little corner of the internet your few but loyal followers find your writing style "cool", and although it is cute, it gets old. It also doesn't make you sound very smart. You may be smart, but writing like that just makes one sound like a doofus.

Additonally, when those non-words are combined with sporatic use of punctuation and capitalization, poor diction and sentence structure, and language that alienates fellow forum members, your written word goes from bad to worse: bad wriitng, bad content.

Many will come go on this forum, and I suppose I could even get banned for this post. However, the mods would never ban the "official blogger", and I have no doubt you will still be here, year after year, alienating those you've decided aren't "real car guys", and continuing your crowning literary achievement as the "official blogger" of Fitfreak; congratulations...
Excellent post.
I suspect that shall all be lost on him, however. Written off narcisstically as 'haterz' or some such nonsense.
Anybody that 'blogs' on a car forum about his haircuts and types in the style he does is likely not given to self-reflection.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member

you wont get banned. u and some of other newbs are just too sensitive to wat is on the internet. i dont sugar coat my thoughts about cars. u will look ridiculous driving a GK with rally mudflaps making the rest of us look stupid too for driving the same car, but its ur ride and u are entitled to wat u do with it. im not stopping u and really never have. u go out of bounds often due to inexperience, im just telling u wat ure doing wrong and how it is perceived by people who have owned and modded many sport compacts over the yrs (over 3 decades, over 30 cars) for street use. the knowledge and experience is at ur disposal.. this is why ive been the blogger here. its a matter of u taking da advice or not. not my loss.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
you wont get banned. u and some of other newbs are just too sensitive to wat is on the internet. i dont sugar coat my thoughts about cars. u will look ridiculous driving a GK with rally mudflaps making the rest of us look stupid too for driving the same car, but its ur ride and u are entitled to wat u do with it. im not stopping u and really never have. u go out of bounds often due to inexperience, im just telling u wat ure doing wrong and how it is perceived by people who have owned and modded many sport compacts over the yrs (over 3 decades, over 30 cars) for street use. the knowledge and experience is at ur disposal.. this is why ive been the blogger here. its a matter of u taking da advice or not. not my loss.
Priceless...

Old 08-15-2018, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
like i said, its completely up to u. im not trying to be mean or anything. just telling u how it is..and how ure perceived.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
u and some of other newbs are just too sensitive to wat is on the internet..
'Haterz'. As I predicted.

Last edited by sneefy; 08-15-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
'Haterz'. As I predicted.
nope, i have no hate. like i said, im just telling it how it is. u guys need to learn how car forums work.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
alright, enough BS. back to oem type splash guards!

Old 08-15-2018, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
im just telling it how it is. u guys need to learn how car forums work.
Lol. I'll try to remember that.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Some photos in case anyone wanted to see rally mud flaps. I chose them over OEM splash guards because they offer much more protection in addition to looking better IMO.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
I run Rally Armor on all my cars....

Old 08-16-2018, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
like i said, its completely up to u. im not trying to be mean or anything. just telling u how it is..and how ure perceived.
If i remember correctly just a few months ago, you had a string of reporting posts you found offensive. Not trying to be mean or anything.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
If i remember correctly just a few months ago, you had a string of reporting posts you found offensive. Not trying to be mean or anything.
no ryu, that was a while ago and the reason for the report was because whoever dat individual was, he (she?) was personally attacking other members including me and were posting advertisements in their sigs. and it was da admins who told me to stop reporting cause you folks werent going to do anything about it. so guess wat, u havent seen any report from me since..cause honestly i dont get offended like a lot folks here do and so i am still here. it was merely a request to see if da admins could do something about the matter. u couldnt so i let it go. end of story.

now back to topic!

Quick Reply: Splash Guards - Kinda Cool...