3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Magnet18s 2018 fit sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Magnet18s 2018 fit sport

Picked up the 2018 fit sport in white with the 6 speed manual yesterday!
Should make an excellent commuter for my wife and tow easy behind the airstream.

The first thing we did is remove the front plate holder since the car came from a front plate state. I hate front plates. I also hate holes left in the bumper from front plate holders, so I stuck a plug in that we painted a close match. Looks meh, but we'll live with it.

​Also replaced the dealer liscense plate holder, hate those.

Then I got all new speakers +2 subs on order. Went with the rockford door/tweeters unfitrick used, and the 2x 8" Kenwood powered subs to put under the front 2 seats as recommend by bassguitarist1985. Didn't want to lose any cargo space, and I also wanted to keep this nice and simple.

Last edited by magnet18; 08-05-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! I really like the black/red trim on the lip of the white Sport.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by magnet18
Picked up the 2018 fit sport in white with the 6 speed manual yesterday!
Should make an excellent commuter for my wife and tow easy behind the airstream.

The first thing we did is remove the front plate holder since the car came from a front plate state. I hate front plates. I also hate holes left in the bumper from front plate holders, so I stuck a plug in that we painted a close match. Looks meh, but we'll live with it.

​Also replaced the dealer liscense plate holder, hate those.

Then I got all new speakers +2 subs on order. Went with the rockford door/tweeters unfitrick used, and the 2x 8" Kenwood powered subs to put under the front 2 seats as recommend by bassguitarist1985. Didn't want to lose any cargo space, and I also wanted to keep this nice and simple.
That is one beautiful Fit... Love it. Again, congrats brother.

Last edited by UnFitRick; 08-05-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Thanks both!
i agree, the white fit with the red sport accents is the best looking option. A dark grey could have been ok, my next favorite choice would have been blue then plastidip the accents black.

The MT is quite a bit of fun to toss around, front wheel drive is something to get used to though, never had one of those before

What's the going recommendation on first oil change?
Salesman said 5K but I don't buy that

Old 08-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
congrats. nice tranny choice!

Old 08-05-2018, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by magnet18
What's the going recommendation on first oil change?
Salesman said 5K but I don't buy that
The Fit keeps track of the type of driving you're doing and the mileage and tells you when it's time to change the oil and that can vary quite a bit from one car's experience to the next. There's no set time interval or mileage. There is also no indication that Honda uses any break in oil any more so there's nothing special about the first oil change interval.

I don't do a lot of driving so I simply ignore Honda and change it at one year intervals otherwise Honda's silly system wouldn't have me change it for about 4 years (about 14K miles in my case)..

Old 08-05-2018, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
What he said^^

Old 08-05-2018, 09:34 PM
No break in oil change, huh, I wonder if they break them in at the factory, or the materials have changed. I always heard 500-1000 for the first oil change.

Think I'll change it anyway, I'm curious what's in the oil, and it doesn't hurt.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Old 08-05-2018, 10:40 PM
And I ordered a catch can. To avoid being just like everyone else here... mine is blue. It is labeled, and therefore Rick approved, but I would have preferred a sans-serif font. Oh well, the compromises we must make.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074MV6SMG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074MV6SMG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 08-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Just to crosslink my life, updated the opening post with a link to my airstream that will tow the fit, this link here
Magnet18's 1983 310 - Airstream Forums

I need this tow bar here, and probably their wiring kit
BX2266 Honda Fit (Manual Only) | Blue Ox

Old 08-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Congrats!

Nice! I too like the white Sport, think it’s a great contrast and looks sweet with lots of wheels. I went with a Modern Steel Sport 6MT but white was a contender, and definitely a nice combo with the trim, etc. I’m a sucker for dark gray and black, what can I say. But yeah, everything pops on a white ride, tint looks fabulous, wheels jump out at ya, great choice.

This car is a load of fun to drive, you’re right there. Is there anything more fun than a quick paced little hatchback with a stick? I’m not sure ther is! A good stick hatchback is special - you’re totally one with the car, maneuverability is insane, line of sight is 360• - always loved a stick hatch. The gearing on the 6MT seems a bit weird on paper, but especially at city speeds it seems to keep you in the fun band and stays very responsive. It’s always ready to squirt through a gap and leave em in the dust, almost too easy to drive fast. I suppose a 2 hour highway ride at 4500 revs could get droney but the stereo is loud enough to override that and I don’t do that often.

Like they say, more fun to drive a slow car fast than drive a fast car slow. The 0 to whatever numbers might not say much, but the old butt Dyno says I’m having a good time. First off I was without a stick for about a year and a half after driving nothing but sticks for 20+ years. So just actually ‘driving’ the car again is fun. But it’s a little go-kart man, corners and takes curves like a champ and whips through gear shifts with a throaty gurgle... Looking forward to helping it flex it’s subcompact muscles! I’ve only driven her like 100 miles lol, so we’re still honeymooning. Welcome aboard!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by UnFitParent
Nice! I too like the white Sport, think it’s a great contrast and looks sweet with lots of wheels. I went with a Modern Steel Sport 6MT but white was a contender, and definitely a nice combo with the trim, etc. I’m a sucker for dark gray and black, what can I say. But yeah, everything pops on a white ride, tint looks fabulous, wheels jump out at ya, great choice.

This car is a load of fun to drive, you’re right there. Is there anything more fun than a quick paced little hatchback with a stick? I’m not sure ther is! A good stick hatchback is special - you’re totally one with the car, maneuverability is insane, line of sight is 360• - always loved a stick hatch. The gearing on the 6MT seems a bit weird on paper, but especially at city speeds it seems to keep you in the fun band and stays very responsive. It’s always ready to squirt through a gap and leave em in the dust, almost too easy to drive fast. I suppose a 2 hour highway ride at 4500 revs could get droney but the stereo is loud enough to override that and I don’t do that often.

Like they say, more fun to drive a slow car fast than drive a fast car slow. The 0 to whatever numbers might not say much, but the old butt Dyno says I’m having a good time. First off I was without a stick for about a year and a half after driving nothing but sticks for 20+ years. So just actually ‘driving’ the car again is fun. But it’s a little go-kart man, corners and takes curves like a champ and whips through gear shifts with a throaty gurgle... Looking forward to helping it flex it’s subcompact muscles! I’ve only driven her like 100 miles lol, so we’re still honeymooning. Welcome aboard!
Yep, definitely perfect in the slow car fast territory!
We're out in the country, and the wife will be doing long highway drives at 65mph, but compared to the jeep tj this thing might as well be a Rolls-Royce phantom!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:41 AM
https://www.jdmyamato.com/car-parts/...nuine-oem.html

Sitting over here drooling at these...
Maybe when it's payed off...

Old 08-06-2018, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
looking good!

in the name of keeping things "simple", if I could do it all over again, id skip intakes, exhausts, etc ... and go straight to a ktuner. that thing alone, made a huge diff as far as power is concerned.

I'm dying to see what Rick will think of that catch can .... we've not encountered one "OSIAS" labelled one as of yet

Old 08-06-2018, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
looking good!

in the name of keeping things "simple", if I could do it all over again, id skip intakes, exhausts, etc ... and go straight to a ktuner. that thing alone, made a huge diff as far as power is concerned.

I'm dying to see what Rick will think of that catch can .... we've not encountered one "OSIAS" labelled one as of yet
Slightly confusing, however as it is still clearly marked "oil catch can" acceptable.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:38 PM
looking good!

I like the idea, maybe someday when this isn't my only reliable vehicle! Lol, we need something that isn't falling apart, which is half of why I got this.

What kind of power gains did you see?

Considering the tanabe dual-tip exhaust, just cuz it looks so good, but it's not a priority

Old 08-06-2018, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I personally dont have dyno sheets, but from what the others have said:

5.70 hp
3.97 tq

sounds like an insignificant amount, but it really REALLY helps. something simple like passing a car on the freeway in 5th or 6th gear is now possible.

prior to the ktuner, once I'm above 65mph .... that was it as far as power goes. now that I'm ktune'd, there's more power at the upper end of the power band, making it possible to have some "oomph" all the way past 80 mph. it really makes the car come alive.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:37 PM
I personally dont have dyno sheets, but from what the others have said:

5.70 hp
3.97 tq

sounds like an insignificant amount, but it really REALLY helps. something simple like passing a car on the freeway in 5th or 6th gear is now possible.

prior to the ktuner, once I'm above 65mph .... that was it as far as power goes. now that I'm ktune'd, there's more power at the upper end of the power band, making it possible to have some "oomph" all the way past 80 mph. it really makes the car come alive.
hmm, definitely something to consider.
Something else I keep wondering, does the Civic turbo fit the fit engine, does it bolt right up, and are there any other differences in the drivetrain? Different internals?
I would love that because with some careful thought, it's technically a stock solution, and well thought out by honda engineers to do 300k miles

90% of the reason I got the car is because I need ONE reliable car... That runs...

Old 08-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Got my floormats in

Quick Reply: Magnet18s 2018 fit sport