3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Where is Chack bolt for the level of CVT oil at Honda Fit 2011

Old 08-23-2018, 06:35 AM
Question Where is Chack bolt for the level of CVT oil at Honda Fit 2011

Hello all, first I want to apologize if this question has already been answered somewhere
but I could not find him anywhere.

I have a question where is the chack bolt for the level of CVT oil at Honda Fit ??

What I mean you can see it here (
time 12.30)
I hope I hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance

Old 08-23-2018, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
See this video @ 3:11:

Old 08-23-2018, 11:37 AM
Thank you for your quick response. In in this video he said “fill plug” does he think here on “chack bolt” I mean in this video “fill plug” is “chack plug

Does that mean that I am with my Honda Fit can :

1. first drain oil,

2. than fill it up than through fiil plug (where level of oil is checked) en than

3. I go open the “fill plug – chack bolt” to to see if the level is right

Thanks in advance and thank you for your time

Old 08-23-2018, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
The actual fill hole is higher up, but you have to remove the air intake assembly to have easier access to it.

The first video I posted, where he is filling up is actually the hole to check the level of the fluid.

Here is a video of someone filling up the CVT fluid in the fill hole without removing the air intake. It's a little tricky as you can see:

Old 08-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Thank you very much 2Rismo2

That is what I am looking for what I want to be for sure where is bolt from wheer you can check the level of the CVT fluid

I would like just like in the first video :

1. first let oil run out

2. filli up the CVT fluid in the fill hole --more than it needs

3. then through the check hole to shed what is surplus

To be sure that I have the right level

I hope everything will be alright

Thank you very much and greetings to everyone on this forum

Old 08-23-2018, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
This is for the 2015+ Fit. A while back I was looking at YouTube videos on changing the CVT fluid. Of the 4 videos I watched, only one of them did it right. There are 3 plugs on the CVT transmission :
1. Bottom drain plug.
2. Mid level check plug (NOT "chack")
3. Top fill plug.

Going from memory:
1. Remove bottom drain plug and allow fluid to fully drain then put back and properly tighten.
2. Remove top fill plug and based on stated fill rating add the required amount of fluid. You can go slightly over, it's even desirable to do so which will be obvious when you get to point 4. below.
3. Start the car and slowly move the gear selector through all positions pausing for a few seconds each time. I believe this is to remove any trapped air pockets in the transmission. Put gear selector back in park and turn engine off.
4. Now remove the middle check plug. If there is too much fluid in the transmission then the excess will run out of the opening and when done the proper level has been achieved. If nothing runs out then there is too little and you will have to add more into the top fill plug until it starts running out the middle check plug opening. Wait a couple minutes for everything to settle down and then put the check and fill plugs back in and tighten them (I don't know what torque settings are for them). You're done.

The above is based on the video I watched which I can no longer find. I have not done an actual fluid change myself - it will be years before I do.

Last edited by woof; 08-23-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:41 AM

(Woof thank you very much)

First of all I want to apologize because I accidentally had my question put in the wrong group of questions. My question is Where is “Chack bolt for the level of CVT oil at Honda Fit 2011” but I have asked my question where group for Honda fit of 2015 are.

That is why I want to ask the forum moderator if that question can be placed in the right place

Anyway my Honda Fit looks like this

Ik heb nog fotos van gear box from my Honda Fit model you can see that you nowhere can find middle “check plug” bij mijn Honda Fit I mean I can not find

I hope someone can help me ---- Honda Fit 2011 CVT

Thanks in advance