Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

CVT Transmission Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Question CVT Transmission Oil Change

Hi There Guys,

I don't Know IF They Could Have This Question Already On The Forum Or Not But I Have Trouble In Changing My CVT Transmission Oil And For Knowing If There Is An Transmission Oil Filter That Needs To B Changed?

Isn't There An DIY On it On the Forum?

I Have A 2005 JDM Honda Fit GD3 With CVT.

Can Someone please help me out here?

Best regards

Tha Dragon

Old 10-20-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm no expert as I just bought a Fit for my wife two days ago and just joined this forum today so I need some time to get caught up on this model. When the salesman was showing me the engine bay I couldn't find the dipstick for the tranny (it's CVT). Salesman didn't know either. I'm guessing it has a gearbox like a manual tranny. It probably has a drain plug and a fill plug a few inches higher than the drain plug, which means no filter. Make sure you use Honda brand CVT transmission fluid. I make amateur how to videos and will make some on the fit as I run through the maintenance procedures but with 200 miles on the clock I won't be doing the transmission flush for a couple of years. For a quick answer, call the parts counter at the dealer and they can tell you if a filter is required.

David

Last edited by davidgpo; 10-20-2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: fixed spelling error
Old 10-21-2014, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
The thread starter has a 2005.

Your 2015 is a very, very different vehicle.

OP, best of luck finding your answer. Unfortunately this forum is rather lacking in international members.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for The Help Guys I Hope That Some One Has The Answer To Help Me With This

Old 10-21-2014, 01:57 PM
I checked with my Dealer, he said the 2007 model has an internal filter and does NOT get changed as a matter of routine maintenance. Must be a course screen such as the type that automatic's have.

He also mentioned the fuel filter is internal and doesn't get changed either. That's scary!

Old 10-21-2014, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by davidgpo
I checked with my Dealer, he said the 2007 model has an internal filter and does NOT get changed as a matter of routine maintenance. Must be a course screen such as the type that automatic's have.

He also mentioned the fuel filter is internal and doesn't get changed either. That's scary!
Ok, Thanks for the info.

I just wanna say sorry that I only Ask For Advice but the thing is it's not normal that we have these here where I live, but as soon I get info on the surely I will over some help to anybody on the forum.

Thanks FITFREAK

Old 10-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Did some more checking and found a YouTube video that shows a transmission oil filter change. Sorry I didn't save the link. The video shows that you have to remove the battery and air intake box to get to the filter. It's not inside the tranny but on top of the tranny. It's an in-line type of filter. Dealer says it should last the life of the car, however (how many times have we heard that?).
If you do some searching through YouTube you may run across the video.
David