3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Lack of Honda Fit Inventory

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Yeah, there are getting to be fewer and fewer available. What's getting really rare are manuals since they don't make a whole lot to begin with.

Maybe worth sitting back and seeing what unfolds if you can wait a bit. They are still made in Japan. Maybe we'll get some imported to fill the gap.
i,m in long island n.y. , they had to get my manual '19 fit down from Connecticut . was driven down ,had 140 miles on it when i picked it up

Old 09-06-2018, 07:18 AM
That is true. If you take out the Fit LX model,
the only fit model i want to talk about is the 6speed LX. lol.

My choice would be the EX 6-speed Fit and Sport 6-speed Civic...
Civic Hatch Sport 6-speed - 29/38
Fit EX 6-speed - 29/36
This would all be fixed if Honda would put the 1.5t and real size tires on the Fit.
I yeild.

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary

It’s also a full 1.5 feet longer for no good reason other than “styling.”

Bigger on the outside, smaller on the inside, less room in the garage around the car, sure, why not?
it does feel like it with no magic seat....
Civic Hatch
Passenger Volume - 97.2 cubic feet
Cargo volume - 25.7

Fit
Passenger Volume - 95.7
Cargo volume - 16.6

Listen, I own a Fit and love it, but you all seem to have a LOT of misinformation in your heads.
"Curses!" *runs off screaming "lalalalala" with fingers in ears*

Last edited by knope; 09-06-2018 at 07:19 AM. Reason: More 'ing'
Old 09-06-2018, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by knope

"Curses!" *runs off screaming "lalalalala" with fingers in ears*
Now that was funny!

You know...at the end of the day, we all just like what we like. I personally love Fit's. Heck, we kept ours despite not having a use for it just because we love the darn thing.

That being said, I always feel the need to point out the Civic Hatchback to anyone shopping a Fit because the numbers don't lie and it's something new offered by the same company we all like. I'm thrilled to see the Civic Hatchback return to the US and I think the Sport Hatchback with 6-speed manual is probably the smartest buy right now for anyone that likes quirky hatchbacks and aren't looking to spend Golf R or Type R money.

Still love Fit's though!

Old 09-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
Maybe it's just local to me?
Or just my imagination.
But a frustrating thing about being a Honda Fit owner, is I've never felt Honda supports or promotes The Fit with much enthusiasm. I routinely drive past a local Honda Dealership, and if you looked at their parking lot, and the vehicles they bring up front to be seen and promote, you wouldn't even know they sell a small hatch-back.

I realize it's Honda's "entry level" offering, but it's a good one.

With Ford evidently looking to reduce or discontinue most sedan and hatch-back sales in North America, I actually worry about the long term health of the Fit model line. As the entry level offering the profit margin just can't be that big on a Honda Fit compared to other models. Could Honda decide to simply stop offering it?

In Europe and Asia, there are environments where subcompacts are almost a necessity, due to congestion and street size. I would imagine they will never totally disappear. BUT...Honda certainly doesn't promote the Fit in North America. I've watched Honda commercials that don't even mention it as part of the line.
I've met a lot of people, who do a double take, when I tell them I drive a Honda Fit. They don't even know what it is.

I think among people specifically interested in hatch-backs, the Honda Fit has a great reputation. But if it is not something you are specifically looking for? Honda doesn't do much in terms of advertising or support to perhaps convince someone to take a look.
Yea I agree with a lot of points here the advertising is terrible for the fit. When I bought my 2015 I diddnt buy because I saw an add and was like "Wow that looks amazing" I googled top gas saving commuting cars and the fit came up. Also I already owned a lot of honda vehicles and basically looked to see what thier smallest cars are as I work in a tight parking garage and commute 40 miles each way. The fit not only fit my bill but it has nice space to throw my hockey crap in the back as well as haul my wife and 2 kids on a trip if needed. Honda would much rather you purchase a CRV or anything bigger. They make much more money but I dont think they will drop the lineup anytime soon because they do sell.

Last edited by jackle0001; 09-06-2018 at 02:35 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 09-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Is it "ok" to think of the fit like honda's halo-car?

Old 09-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sure.. but i dont think even honda would agree.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:18 PM
bought my fit last friday, here in so cal theres not a plethora of them but i didnt have to go far to find a manual trans LX in a color id accept (is there another choice other than white??).

i had to go 10 miles from home, 20 from work, as the 2 dealers between work and home did not have a manual trans. the dealer i went to, had 14 fits, one MT.

other dealer 30 miles away, had 4 manuals.

it only took me about 20 minutes to find what i was lookin for.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like the moral of the story is Honda shipped too many Fit's to CA and the residents aren't grabbing the manuals while they can

I see no manual Fit's in stock at the dealers around me.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Sounds like the moral of the story is Honda shipped too many Fit's to CA and the residents aren't grabbing the manuals while they can

I see no manual Fit's in stock at the dealers around me.
i guess. might as well ship the cars to where the population is.

i have noticed there are just WAY TOO MANY car dealerships. every city has a car row, and theres literally a dealership for almost every manufacturer (exotics excluded) about every 10 miles, maybe less.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Villageidiot
… i have noticed there are just WAY TOO MANY car dealerships. every city has a car row, and theres literally a dealership for almost every manufacturer (exotics excluded) about every 10 miles, maybe less.
Agreed, and in my town all of the Dealerships are owned by one of three people. So pricing sucks regardless of where you go. We always drive 100+ miles away to buy.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Some are comparing two cars with very different costs, nearly $4000 more for average price paid for the Civic hatchback. On the average, that's 22.6 percent more. I bought my Fit LX CVT because it was functional and relatively inexpensive to purchase. My Fit is a keeper. The Civic never came into consideration because of the additional cost.

2019 Honda Fit EX FWD MSRP $18,160 Invoice $17,673 Average Price Paid $17,748
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX FWD MSRP $23,250 Invoice $21,600 Average Price Paid $21,478

Last edited by wasserball; 09-07-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wasserball
Some are comparing two cars with very different costs, nearly $4000 more for average price paid for the Civic hatchback. On the average, that's 22.6 percent more. I bought my Fit LX CVT because it was functional and relatively inexpensive to purchase. My Fit is a keeper. The Civic never came into consideration because of the additional cost.

2019 Honda Fit EX FWD MSRP $18,160 Invoice $17,673 Average Price Paid $17,748
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX FWD MSRP $23,250 Invoice $21,600 Average Price Paid $21,478
Very valid point! Just have to be careful when penny pinching. Penny wise, pound foolish. Next thing you know you're driving a Versa...ewe!

Old 09-07-2018, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
some clever loser in a versa put a CE after VERSA and made it VERSACE.. lol

Old 09-07-2018, 08:34 PM
I just spoke to my local Honda dealer this morning and they do not expect any new Fit inventory until February.
It's going to be slim pickings for whoever really wants one... time to sell my 2016 with 15K miles and full warranty until 2021?
Nah... unless... the price is right?

Old 09-08-2018, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
I just spoke to my local Honda dealer this morning and they do not expect any new Fit inventory until February.
It's going to be slim pickings for whoever really wants one... time to sell my 2016 with 15K miles and full warranty until 2021?
Nah... unless... the price is right?
That sucks. There are only 3 Fit Sports in the whole DFW metroplex, none manual all CVTs. I'm in the market for new car in February and it looks like I will settle down for '18/'19 Civic hatch Sport with 6 speed. I've been thinking hard about my next car and I came to conclusion that there is no point of spending 18 grand on a Fit , where you can get much better Civic hatch Sport for less than $21K if you haggle good.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:35 PM
The lease runs out on my 2015 Ex in Feb and my dealer has been trying to get me to go for a Civic since there are no more Fits but I'm not biting. I just called the leasing co. and I can extend it month by month to buy some more time until they do come back.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HLDub
The lease runs out on my 2015 Ex in Feb and my dealer has been trying to get me to go for a Civic since there are no more Fits but I'm not biting. I just called the leasing co. and I can extend it month by month to buy some more time until they do come back.
They are back in production and rolling out. You should be in plenty good shape to pick what you want by Feb.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:51 PM
sjd
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HLDub
I would order what you want so when your lease expires in February the exact Fit you want is there. If it isn't then extend your lease.

I would also check Honda's website for deals on the Fit. Up here in Canada Honda is offering a 2% APR reduction to anyone who orders a Fit by the end of 2018. I'd do it in a second as my Fit was written off but I need a car soon.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
looks like honda sold about 670 units last month. as expected, they never did import j-land GK's to cover mexico's line down due to flooding. and inventory is scarce but still available. people really lost interest in these hatches.. only the Kia Soul sells well at about 8000+ units.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Well, it’s hard to sell what you don’t have and obviously Honda doesn’t care as long as they figure they can up sell, up sell, up sell.

Quick Reply: Lack of Honda Fit Inventory