3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Three warning lights at once

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:07 PM
About 65 000km

Old 09-25-2018, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
I hope you get some consideration from Honda. But, if not, try your local independent mechanic now that you know what is needed. Also, purchase the parts online and find a mechanic who will charge labor only. I know most don't like that idea because they make money from parts as well, but you may be lucky to find someone who is willing to do it. Replacing parts is not sophisticated, just a chore that I refused to do. One time I did find a guy who replaced an alternator in my BMW. The total cost was about 1/3 of what the dealer wanted.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:43 PM
Yeah absolutely - if Honda does not issue the warranty extensions (or whatever else consideration they give), I will shop around.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Agree with wasserball. To add to his suggestions...if you go the independent mechanic route, get their opinion about the fuel rail and fuel line. I doubt those parts are necessary.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:50 PM
Ahh okay - thanks a lot, guys!

Old 06-14-2019, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alex.melvin
Ahh okay - thanks a lot, guys!
How did this finally resolve?

Did Honda comp the parts?

What if anything did you have to pay?

Old 09-28-2020, 07:27 PM
I've had this problem, and have seen it discussed on multiple forums. I've seen a lot of people reporting having replaced their fuel injectors or alternators. Hate to tell you this, but there was nothing wrong with my car. I figured that it had to be a problem with the warning system, how could the check engine light, the power steering fail light and the low tire pressure light be indicative of a single problem? So, I rebooted the system; specifically, I disconnected the battery for about 60 seconds, reconnected it and reset the clock. Problem fixed, no problems for the last three months.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jonathan T Stewart
I've had this problem, and have seen it discussed on multiple forums. I've seen a lot of people reporting having replaced their fuel injectors or alternators. Hate to tell you this, but there was nothing wrong with my car. I figured that it had to be a problem with the warning system, how could the check engine light, the power steering fail light and the low tire pressure light be indicative of a single problem? So, I rebooted the system; specifically, I disconnected the battery for about 60 seconds, reconnected it and reset the clock. Problem fixed, no problems for the last three months.
Just wait. If you have a 2015-16 GK, your injectors will fail.

Old 09-29-2020, 04:39 AM
Well, I sure hope you're wrong. The problem started with the low tire pressure light; tire pressures were fine, though. Then about two days later, the tire pressure, check engine and tracking lights came on simultaneously; the next morning the power steering light came on with the other three. Car drove fine, though. Disconnected the battery, problem fixed. Now we're three months and about 1200 miles later, still no inkling of a problem. By the way, car has about 85,000 miles on it. It's hard to believe that the first sign of failing injectors would be a false tire pressure warning light.

Sure hope you're wrong. No offense, of course.

Last edited by Jonathan T Stewart; 09-29-2020 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jonathan T Stewart
Well, I sure hope you're wrong. The problem started with the low tire pressure light; tire pressures were fine, though. Then about two days later, the tire pressure, check engine and tracking lights came on simultaneously; the next morning the power steering light came on with the other three. Car drove fine, though. Disconnected the battery, problem fixed. Now we're three months and about 1200 miles later, still no inkling of a problem. By the way, car has about 85,000 miles on it. It's hard to believe that the first sign of failing injectors would be a false tire pressure warning light.

Sure hope you're wrong. No offense, of course.
No offense taken at all. I hope I'm wrong also!

Old 10-08-2020, 10:53 PM
High score!

Old 12-25-2020, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by alex.melvin
Hey, so here's another update:

Brought it into Honda, they did their diagnostics and found that it needs to have four new fuel injectors, injector rails, and a new high pressure line. Parts and labour coming to $2200 + tax, plus another $275 for additional cleaning. This is insane, on a car that is three weeks and a few thousand kms past it's warranty expiry.

I'm calling into Honda customer relations now - I'll see what they say.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Cool Kwanzaa, and a healthy, prosperous new year to you and everyone on this forum!
I'm new to the forum so apologies if I have responded incorrectly to this thread. Purchased me 2017 Fit used about 1.5 years ago. Now has approximately 40,000 miles on it and I just got the same warning lights. Did Honda acknowledge fault? Has the issue returned after replacing fuel injectors?

Old 12-27-2020, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Few weeks ago this happened to me. I think four warning signs came on. I have an extended warranty which I think is 70,000 miles or 7 years whichever comes first. Yes, they had to replace the injectors. When I asked why all the warning lights they said something like it just throws the warning lights into wack. Since I'm just now reading about this here, they never mentioned it was a common problem but they did cover it under warranty but I had to pay the $50 deductible. Mine is a 2015 with about 57,000 miles. Other than that, I still really like my manual Fit and don't plan on getting something else. Seems all cars have their faults.

Old 12-27-2020, 08:41 PM
Thanks! That's good to know. I really like driving mine and I don't wanna give 'er up. Got an appointment with me shop tomorrow

Old 12-29-2020, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RyanRyan.PM
Thanks! That's good to know. I really like driving mine and I don't wanna give 'er up. Got an appointment with me shop tomorrow
Any results yet?

Old 12-29-2020, 03:49 PM
Yes. Dealership just called. It’s the fuel injectors. Will inquire further when I pick up Swhonda (small white Honda).

Old 01-24-2021, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by RyanRyan.PM
Yes. Dealership just called. It’s the fuel injectors. Will inquire further when I pick up Swhonda (small white Honda).
Hi Ryan - any update on this? My daughter just purchased a 2015 Honda Fit with less than 15k miles on it and her tire pressure light went on a couple of weeks ago after replacing tires (no issue with pressure, I checked) and today traction control light went on and stayed on. Any word on whether Honda is covering any of this? Rough year for the kid - she hit a deer that jumped a guard rail a few months back, bought this Honda fit, had for less than a week and someone backed into her back door while parked in front of our house and took off and now this.

Old 01-24-2021, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lorrie Villarreal
Hi Ryan - any update on this? My daughter just purchased a 2015 Honda Fit with less than 15k miles on it and her tire pressure light went on a couple of weeks ago after replacing tires (no issue with pressure, I checked) and today traction control light went on and stayed on. Any word on whether Honda is covering any of this? Rough year for the kid - she hit a deer that jumped a guard rail a few months back, bought this Honda fit, had for less than a week and someone backed into her back door while parked in front of our house and took off and now this.
The tire pressure light came on because the new tires are larger in diameter (since they aren't worn down) than the ones they replaced. Just have to reset the system through the center display. This one is normal as there are no actual sensors determining the pressure. Only the ECU using the wheel speed sensors to see if there's a diameter change.

Traction control uses those same sensors. She may have a wheel speed sensor issue.

Old 01-24-2021, 09:26 PM
Same thing happened to me, it was snowing around my area and I had disabled traction and stability then was having some fun and the three lights popped up, went to the part store and got a code for bank 1 too rich. Cleared the codes, cleaned the maf, and that was that. No more problems.

Old 01-24-2021, 09:39 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GAFIT
The tire pressure light came on because the new tires are larger in diameter (since they aren't worn down) than the ones they replaced. Just have to reset the system through the center display. This one is normal as there are no actual sensors determining the pressure. Only the ECU using the wheel speed sensors to see if there's a diameter change.

Traction control uses those same sensors. She may have a wheel speed sensor issue.
Thank you for the quick response! Holy cow - I had no idea it wasn't an actual sensor that threw up that light. I was dreading having that conversation. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Three warning lights at once