3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Question for those who've had to replace a side view mirror - just the glass

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Question for those who've had to replace a side view mirror - just the glass

From what I can tell, all I need is the mirror sub-assy R ….am assuming "right" means passenger side. Somebody sideswiped my car mirror today in a parking lot while I was in the store, came out to find the skull cap barely cracked, and the mirror broken, with no parts apparently missing. Do I just need to buy the "mirror sub-assy", does it just click into place on our Fits? I recall replacing one on my wife's Kia, and it just popped into place. Am hoping there's no missing backplate or something on mine that I need as well, the Honda parts diagrams are a little lacking in detail. Thanks, folks, hope this as easy as I suspect....the way things have gone this week, am too pi$$ed to be bothered popping off the driver's side and taking a pee. Maybe tomorrow......it's always something

Old 06-28-2019, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
From what I can tell, all I need is the mirror sub-assy R ….am assuming "right" means passenger side. Somebody sideswiped my car mirror today in a parking lot while I was in the store, came out to find the skull cap barely cracked, and the mirror broken, with no parts apparently missing. Do I just need to buy the "mirror sub-assy", does it just click into place on our Fits? I recall replacing one on my wife's Kia, and it just popped into place. Am hoping there's no missing backplate or something on mine that I need as well, the Honda parts diagrams are a little lacking in detail. Thanks, folks, hope this as easy as I suspect....the way things have gone this week, am too pi$$ed to be bothered popping off the driver's side and taking a pee. Maybe tomorrow......it's always something
Just buy whole a used assembly from the junk yard. It's what I did. It was a couple screws in the door panel, three screws holding the mirror on and the wire harness clip. Start to finish was maybe 20 minutes. Look on eBay or car-part.com

Old 06-29-2019, 01:38 PM
unless you had heated side mirrors, i am pretty sure u can get after market mirror for pretty cheap !