Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Wobbly mirror = easy fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Wobbly mirror = easy fix?

I just bought an '09 Fit and took it out on the highway for the first time last evening. I noticed that my passenger side mirror was wobbling - not the whole mirror assembly, just the glass. I can still adjust the mirror, but it won't stay in one place at highway speeds. The driver's side mirror doesn't wobble like this.

After I stopped I checked the mirror out and saw that I was able to pop the glass right off. It basically seems like the glass isn't completely attached to the adjuster assembly. When I tried putting it back in, I was able to get it back on but it doesn't seem to snap into place or anything like that. It just kind of hangs there, hence the wobble.

I'm tempted to slap some double-stick tape on the back of the glass and see if that will hold. But could there be more to this, like a missing screw or something? I couldn't really see anyplace on the glass where a screw would go, nor did I see anything that looked broken.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
After some more digging on this forum and a closer look at the mirror, I discovered that my double-stick tape idea was spot on. There was some sort of sdhesive that had worn off somehow, but the tape fixed that nicely, and no more wobble!