3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

2nd-3rd Gear Clunk?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 11:43 AM
2nd-3rd Gear Clunk?

Hey y'all! I just got my 15 Fit last week (after waiting over a month), and I noticed last week while I was driving that going from 2nd to 3rd gear, I hear a slight clunk as I put in the clutch and a second one as I let out the clutch. It's only for that shift and it's not very loud, but I'm wondering if I should take it into the dealer (I work at one, so it wouldn't be that hard, just annoying). Any thoughts? Maybe it could be the throttle shutting off and rocking the engine?

btw, I'll be making a thread for my car soon. Hopefully....

Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
I hear quite a bit of clunking as well... I also question if it's normal or not. Bring it in and let us know!

Old 09-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by esnave09
Hey y'all! I just got my 15 Fit last week (after waiting over a month), and I noticed last week while I was driving that going from 2nd to 3rd gear, I hear a slight clunk as I put in the clutch and a second one as I let out the clutch. It's only for that shift and it's not very loud, but I'm wondering if I should take it into the dealer (I work at one, so it wouldn't be that hard, just annoying). Any thoughts? Maybe it could be the throttle shutting off and rocking the engine?
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
I hear quite a bit of clunking as well... I also question if it's normal or not. Bring it in and let us know!
I have not noticed but now I will be paying attention. Yes please have it checked out and let us know what you find out...

Old 09-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by esnave09

btw, I'll be making a thread for my car soon. Hopefully....
Hi esnave09,

Sorry to hear about your concern. I can understand how the noise you are talking about can be considered unusual in your brand new 2015 Fit. We would like to look into the issue with you. Please private message us with your full name, VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 09-29-2014, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
no clunks on shifting here. my transmission was removed and replaced, so i was listening and paying attention fairly intently, especially after picking the car up.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Whoops forgot to post back. I haven't had a chance to get to the dealer yet. I've been super busy, and so has service. It didn't sound like it was clunking at all for a week or so, but now it's back now that it's starting to get colder. Hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to get into service.