3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Window Rattle with window cracked

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Window Rattle with window cracked

So, I have OEM window Visors installed and at first thought that is what was making this creaking, squeak like noise. After driving around with this noise for a month I finally found that if I held the window it would stop. Found that the Front Left, Rear Left and Rear right windows all do the same thing when rolled down to utilize the window visors but also make the noise if you roll down quarter of the way.

Wanting to check if anyone else is having these window rattle noises?

I have some Honda Genuine Shin-Etsu Grease that they use to lube seals and lubricated the run channels and the noise is still there.

Also, I notice with the window cracked down it has a lot of play when you gently move the glass.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Hi tmasazo,

Sorry to hear about this issue. We would like to review the situation with you on the window concern. It would be best to have the vehicle inspected by a local Honda dealership to determine the cause of the concern. Please message us with your VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 10-04-2014, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
The GE owners enjoy the window rattles so much Honda carried it over to the new ones.

There is a thread somewhere were someone used some type of weather stripping from Home Depot to add to the channel to eliminate the problem.

I just mess with amount window is open til it stops rattling.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Mine move allot say when the windows partially open and you close the door. They seal tight when the windows closed so i dont worry about it.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:58 PM
My front passenger window rattles when the window is closed. I first thought it was the seatbelt because the noise is amplified when I put my ear against the B pillar. Howerver, when I put pressure on the bottom right corner of the window the rattle stops. I wonder how theyll fix it at the dealership :/

Old 10-11-2014, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
Here is link to the GE cure. Should work on the new ones too.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ow-rattle.html

Old 10-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by delgadb2
My front passenger window rattles when the window is closed. I first thought it was the seatbelt because the noise is amplified when I put my ear against the B pillar. Howerver, when I put pressure on the bottom right corner of the window the rattle stops. I wonder how theyll fix it at the dealership :/
Hi delgadb2,

Sorry to hear about your concern. Please contact us via private message and provide us with your full name, VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 10-20-2014, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc
Hi tmasazo,

Sorry to hear about this issue. We would like to review the situation with you on the window concern. It would be best to have the vehicle inspected by a local Honda dealership to determine the cause of the concern. Please message us with your VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Well, at the dealership today and first off they didn't even put the concern on the RO, they said there is nothing they can do to fix the rattle and that there is no service bulletin about it so not even on Honda's radar.... So, that's awesome I get to deal with a window rattle on a brand new car..... Great

Old 10-20-2014, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by tmasazo
Well, at the dealership today and first off they didn't even put the concern on the RO, they said there is nothing they can do to fix the rattle and that there is no service bulletin about it so not even on Honda's radar.... So, that's awesome I get to deal with a window rattle on a brand new car..... Great
tmasazo,

Thank you for the update and sorry to hear about the outcome. Did you go to a dealership in Canada or USA? If you went to a dealership in the USA, I might be able to assist you. If not, I would suggest speaking to Honda of Canada to address the dealership's response to the matter.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 10-20-2014, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
I went to a dealership in the US

Old 10-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by tmasazo
I went to a dealership in the US
Is it a USA vehicle as well? If you would like us to work with you please send us a Private Message with your information listed in my first post.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 10-23-2014, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Alright, sent you a pm

Old 03-17-2015, 07:41 PM
It is the same on this side of the Pacific with the Thai built AUDM Jazz, I worry about a window breaking if I close a door with the window open. They are fine when fully open/closed.

Taking it in for first 6mth service soon so will ask then but doubt Honda Aust is on it yet as probably <5000 units sold in the last six months.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I took it to another Honda dealership thanks to Jonathan. They put felt in between the window run channel and the door frame. It has been good but the noise is back on the front left window/driver side. Probably ask them to look at it again.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:04 AM
I noticed this for the first time last week on my new Fit. Hopefully the service departments have a documented fix by now - will find out when I get my first oil change.