3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Cabin Air filter replacemt and air flow

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Cabin Air filter replacemt and air flow

hello all

yeasterday i was claning my car and i just wanted to clean and see how the cabin filter(the one in the glob box) was. The car is brand new with less than 3k miles. For my surpise the filter was way to dirty and cloged. I do not live in a bad envoremt where is dirt but it was pretty dirty. I took it off and blow some air and it was pretty decent afterwards.

Whe i try it to assebly I didnt notice where the air flow arrow was pointing and I coundnt figure it out.

Anyone knows where the airflow arrow should be pointing?

When to replace or cleaning based that in the mainteince service book says every 25 miles and (in my case) 3 miles and it was way dirty?

Any insights?

Old 06-15-2015, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Airflow is "down" (dirty side of air filter faces "up") when installed. If you drive where there's a lot of dust, you can expect to replace the cabin air filter more frequently. I don't know what part of Mexico you live in, but bear that in mind.

I live in a fairly "moist", and low dust climate up here, and I still end up replacing the cabin air filter yearly, or about twice as often as the book says.

If that seems like a lot, remember, all that dust in the filter isn't getting in the car (and in your lungs).

Old 06-15-2015, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm going to change with the oil filter and the oil. And just give it a clean every month.

It may be becuase the air conditioner and air flow is always on. I don't like opening me windows and hearing all people music.

Thanks again.