Keep Steering wheel controls, and Lane Watch, Backup Camera on aftermarket HU.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 07:28 PM
Keep Steering wheel controls, and Lane Watch, Backup Camera on aftermarket HU.

Hi all, haven't been here for a while but I came across this info si I hope it is helpful.. You guys are pretty sharp so I suppose this might be redundant. I havent tried it but am considering changing out the head unit for better phone compatibility. If anyone has done this please let me know if it works or if there are any caveats or tips. If I try it Ill updat as well.

Old 01-11-2020, 11:39 AM
I've used the PAC system and at the time, it had the problem of not turning off the Kenwood HU after shutting down the car. Otherwise everything worked fine. I really wanted to use this system.

I have the Axxess system and it does not allow me to use the phone controls on the steering wheel. Occasionally it has an annoying glitch of when I press forward skip track, it would change the source, requiring me to press Source nine times to get back to where I was. Also occasionally, the volume controls will not work, or only the volume up will work.

With both the PAC and Axxess products, I have been with tech support and have received at least 2 units of the devices with the same outcome. The Axxess camera input wires were REVERSED and upon the advice of the tech, I spliced and reverse wired them to have camera use.

I have also looked into the iDatalink system you posted and the instructions and programming seem straight forwards. I will be making the swap this spring/summer. Keep in mind the refresh of the GK5's have a different connector than the early ones. See Bassguitarist's post.

Old 01-12-2020, 06:39 PM
Great info!

Appreciate your reply. Sounds like you are more patient than most. Thanks for sharing this info. I will definitely give this some thought. I am retired/disabled, and will keep our Fit forever. We bought it in September of 2014 so I'm thinking it was probably an early build. I don't want to do something to mess up the OEM Head unit at the cost of making problems. Thanks again. Maybe a 2016 HU from a yard would be a better choice. My Daughters 2016 Civic has the features I would like on mine.

Old 01-14-2020, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
i have that module and harness but i have a 17 Fit LX so i don't have the lane watch. I retained everything including the back up camera and also the 3 different views of the camera. The only thing i didn't get from the factory was the factory mic and usb. You have to use the mic and usb that came from the Aftermarket Head Unit.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:24 AM
Here's a post from the HRV forums that may be related to the early GK5.

https://www.hrvforum.com/threads/201...success.40157/