My Fit doesn't like Siri

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:17 PM
My Fit doesn't like Siri

So I'm just trying to find out if this is normal, common, or a glitch in just my car.

The first day with it, on the way home, the stereo completely froze up when I tried to use Siri while playing music from my phone through Bluetooth. I couldn't turn it off, change inputs, or even change the volume. Complete lock up. I even took a video of it so I could show service when I take it in.

After restarting, it returned to normal operation. After playing around with it, it seems that it will work as long as I'm sitting still. But if I try to use Siri while the car is in motion, it freezes the stereo until I restart the car. I've accomplished this while streaming through Bluetooth and through the USB. I haven't played with it enough to see if it will do it while listening to FM, and I've only done it 3 times now, so I can't absolutely confirm it only happens while the car is in motion. Come to think of it, I should try it just with the engine running and sitting still (tried it with just key in accessory position and it worked fine). Will do that tonight.

Anyway, anybody else had their stereo freeze up while trying to use Siri?

Old 10-01-2014, 02:17 PM
What exact model iOS device? What version software? What carrier? Settings, General, about, version. My Siri is working fine. Ios 8.0,2 iPhone 6 Plus. AT&T.

Have you tried restarting your phone? Hold sleep wake button and slide to power off. Fixes lots of stuff.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:23 PM
iphone 5 running 7.1.2. AT&T

Yes, I've reset the phone. Did it while stereo was locked up in an attempt to get it to unlock, but no luck. Since it works fine with the key in the accessory position, it makes me think there is something at play here that has nothing to do with the phone itself.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Qbrozen
iphone 5 running 7.1.2. AT&T

Yes, I've reset the phone. Did it while stereo was locked up in an attempt to get it to unlock, but no luck. Since it works fine with the key in the accessory position, it makes me think there is something at play here that has nothing to do with the phone itself.
Interesting. Mine has not done that yet. You said streaming music? From your iTunes lubrary, pandora or another app like Beats? Let me know and I'll try to duplicate it. Anybody know where we can see the version of the touch software for the car? Mine was made 8/14. Oh, and do you use their honda link app from app store? I don't, too cheap and it sounds buggy.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:45 PM
This is simply playing the music in my saved library. Sorry, I just meant streaming from my phone to the radio, but not streaming to my phone from an outside source. I don't have the Hondalink app. Didn't even know such a thing existed. Is that for the LX model radio, too?

Thanks for attempting to help me solve. I'm hoping it is just a problem with my stereo and the dealer can either reflash it or replace it altogether.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:37 PM
streaming and usb works fine for me but i have the different screen unit from yours. hopefully someone can help

Old 10-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Ah. LX has different software. I have the EX with the 7" screen. Maybe another LX user with iPhone out there who can test? So far mine plays podcasts, music from iTunes, and Pandora just fine, although it's annoying to have to Allow Pandora on my phone at start of each trip. iTunes radio has same issues cutting out that it has when not paired with car...

Old 10-01-2014, 08:24 PM
My iPhone 5s, at&t running iOS 7.1.1 works great with siri and my fit ex. Just push and hold the voice control button on the wheel to activate siri. I use it to open ape, ask for directions, and send and receive texts.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Interesting. I tried holding the voice button and nothing happens.

Anyway, after some more playing, there is definitely an inconsistent glitch. It actually worked the other night a couple of times before the stereo locked up on the 3rd try. Guess its off to the service department when I get the chance.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Interesting. I tried holding the voice button and nothing happens.

Anyway, after some more playing, there is definitely an inconsistent glitch. It actually worked the other night a couple of times before the stereo locked up on the 3rd try. Guess its off to the service department when I get the chance.
Press and hold until you hear the siri beeps. Then talk to the car just like you would siri.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:47 PM
I tried that voice button again. Siri never chimes in with it; just the head unit itself looking for a voice command.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:00 PM
just to keep this updated:

I finally took the car in last Monday. Up until then, the car had been very consistent in locking up while trying to use bluetooth. Of course, while at the service department, it worked fine! I did, however, have a video of it being frozen in case such a thing happened. They viewed the video and were glad I had it, but they did not have an answer. They wanted to research it and get back to me.

Funny enough, the damned thing worked fine for about 3 days after I was in the shop. But on day 4, I was playing around with the steering wheel buttons and while trying to use the stereo's built-in voice activation thing, it froze! I took another video to show them that it is not just my phone causing the problem since now it froze when it wasn't even "talking" to my phone. I'd have to think this has something to do with the microphone at this point.

Called today and they still hadn't made any progress. I emailed my new video and they say they'll get back to me.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
just to keep this updated:

I finally took the car in last Monday. Up until then, the car had been very consistent in locking up while trying to use bluetooth. Of course, while at the service department, it worked fine! I did, however, have a video of it being frozen in case such a thing happened. They viewed the video and were glad I had it, but they did not have an answer. They wanted to research it and get back to me.

Funny enough, the damned thing worked fine for about 3 days after I was in the shop. But on day 4, I was playing around with the steering wheel buttons and while trying to use the stereo's built-in voice activation thing, it froze! I took another video to show them that it is not just my phone causing the problem since now it froze when it wasn't even "talking" to my phone. I'd have to think this has something to do with the microphone at this point.

Called today and they still hadn't made any progress. I emailed my new video and they say they'll get back to me.
So what finally fixed the problem for you?
I have had a similar issue with an iPhone4 and an LG G3 Android phone. I have an older iPod attached all the time too and I'm still trying to get the dealer to upload new software.
Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:20 PM
It has not been fixed. I'll be selling it soon, so I just don't care enough to jump through the hoops they have insisted I jump through.