EX-L Head unit froze with Iphone 6

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 12:26 PM
EX-L Head unit froze with Iphone 6

Has anyone had issues other than the Honda Link app's not working with their head units? Lately my iphone 6 has not been able to communicate with the head unit via BT, it about froze up yesterday driving home, it tried repeatably to call a number I had dialed earlier in the day. It seemed to work better when it was plugged in via USB. Hopefully Honda gets their act together and releases an update to the unit, and an update to the dreadful HondaLink app. If so, how would they do this? A trip to the dealer, or a USB download? Thoughts?

Old 10-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Interesting. Did the unit freeze completely? meaning, you couldn't even turn it off?

Here is the thread I started about a similar issue.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...like-siri.html

Mine, however, is an LX and not using hondalink. I have yet to make the time to take mine to the dealer, but I definitely plan to.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:48 PM
It didn't completely freeze, but very slow to respond, Source button inoperative, couldn't change music, etc. I think it was stuck on making a call I tried to stop. I restarted my phone and the car, this seemed to cure it for now.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
We've had no issues with our iP6 in our new EX

apps work fine too

Old 10-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Try a radio fuse pull to reset it. You should find the radio code first before doing this. Could be in several places, bottom of hatch, in glovebox, underhood, etc...

Some electronics occasionally need a forced reboot

Old 10-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Check TMFITs post about Radio Codes - you need to get information out of the radio and then go online to get your radio code -- as its not provided in hard copy anywhere - if my recollection is correct... The process isn't hard - but you need to get the code before you reset the radio as getting it after the fact is a bigger issue...

Old 10-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Its not a big issue. Honda has it on stickers somewhere in the car. They have done it since they introduced secured radios in their vehicles. They wont stop now. Just like Honda puts the VIN number on fenders and hatches

Also, you can walk into any honda dealership, give them your VIN code, and they will give you the radio code. They cannot refuse you the code, as its part of purchasing the vehicle.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Is your 6 updated to iOS 8.0.2? Some bug fixes came out with that. Have had no issues with my 6 plus so far.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by JettBlackFit
Has anyone had issues other than the Honda Link app's not working with their head units? Lately my iphone 6 has not been able to communicate with the head unit via BT, it about froze up yesterday driving home, it tried repeatably to call a number I had dialed earlier in the day. It seemed to work better when it was plugged in via USB. Hopefully Honda gets their act together and releases an update to the unit, and an update to the dreadful HondaLink app. If so, how would they do this? A trip to the dealer, or a USB download? Thoughts?
Hello JettBlackFit,

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your brand new Fit. I would highly suggest visiting your local Honda dealership for a diagnosis on the issue. We would like to speak to you also to see what we could do to assist. If you are interested, please private message us with your full name, VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Also please contact our In-Car Technology Group to see if they can assist as well. The number is (888)528-7876.

Thank you,

Jonathan