Warning Statement on LCD Screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Question Warning Statement on LCD Screen

Hi,

Is there a way to turn off that annoying warning/disclaimer that shows up on the Hondalink screen every time I start my car? It is driving me nuts!

Please make it go away.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
It will go away on its own after a bit.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:19 PM
No OP. Its required and no way to disable it. Just stop looking at it as many do.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:50 PM
So it's there forever?

I have to acknowledge it by answering with a button press each time I start my car?

WOW...that sucks.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by carrier
So it's there forever?

I have to acknowledge it by answering with a button press each time I start my car?

WOW...that sucks.
Does yours stay on until you press the "OK"? Mine goes off after a few seconds. My previous audio settings resume so I don't have to do anything. I don't even look at it anymore.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Synycyl
Does yours stay on until you press the "OK"? Mine goes off after a few seconds. My previous audio settings resume so I don't have to do anything. I don't even look at it anymore.

I haven't tried ignoring it yet - it's just so damn annoying I press OK to make it go away! I will leave it be on my way home from work and see if it just goes away.

But...REALLY. That is just plain dumb.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
It's for legal reasons as suggested by their lawyers. I just put on my seat belt and fire up the engine. Then do my quick check of the mirrors and other parts of the car for a few seconds. By then I am ready to go and the stupid "OK" thing is already gone.

So ignore it and will go away in a few seconds.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:09 PM

Well, so much for that. I've been wondering the same thing - how to disable it. I agree that it's annoying. Just another distraction, however long it lasts.

There are some other things I'd like to disable and remove, too. Another thread, another day.

P.S. I've actually been given the message on the screen that such-and-such command can't be executed while the car is in motion, and then it executes the command right after that. LOL.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by DArkk
It's for legal reasons as suggested by their lawyers. I just put on my seat belt and fire up the engine. Then do my quick check of the mirrors and other parts of the car for a few seconds. By then I am ready to go and the stupid "OK" thing is already gone.

So ignore it and will go away in a few seconds.
Bingo ! Hit it right on the head. Get over it guys. It's a legal reason, and if you cannot wait 5 seconds or so than god help you with REAL problems later on.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
I never press ok button each time I start the car. It will go away after a few seconds.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
I agree it is ex. annoying and condescending.
Mine never goes away, but if I ignore it the screen saver hides it, but then I have to use the system totally blind. As soon as I try to do something on the panel I have to dismiss the message first (except when putting it into reverse).

Just Not good enough for a Honda.

that stuff about it is legally required is a poorly crafted response. The Law does not say it must be worded that way nor that it must always show, nor that I must hold the OK button for 10 secs before it goes away...

:-(

Old 02-04-2015, 02:14 AM
^^ mine goes away after a few seconds. It's not even noticeable to me.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by pppe
Mine never goes away, but if I ignore it the screen saver hides it, but then I have to use the system totally blind. As soon as I try to do something on the panel I have to dismiss the message first (except when putting it into reverse).

that stuff about it is legally required is a poorly crafted response. The Law does not say it must be worded that way nor that it must always show, nor that I must hold the OK button for 10 secs before it goes away...
Sounds like you may need a software fix. It definitely should not stay on.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:05 PM
It's a legal reason in the sense that Honda's lawyers decided that they needed the disclaimer to fend off lawsuits. It is not required by law.

I agree that it should disappear in a short time. Getting a dealer to recognize this as a defect might be more difficult. Be prepared to ask the service writer/manager to demonstrate to you that a car on the lot acts in the same way.

This sort of excessive legal CYA has prompted me to use stand-alone GPS units rather than built-in units. Crippling input when the vehicle is in motion so that even my passenger can't work with the GPS is just too much nannying.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:34 AM
Originally Posted by pppe

I have to agree. Ex bought a 2014 F150 and there was never a disclaimer left on each time I used his truck. He now has a 2015 Nissan Frontier... same deal, no disclaimer!

Old 07-28-2016, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lane03
It will go away on its own after a bit.

So I don't hit ok, then it goes to the screen with the clock. I still have to hit the back button to go to the last settings I had prior to shutting the vehicle off... Am I doing something different than anyone else? Seems to me I have to hit a button regardless... either OK... or the back button. It's a pain in the ass. Otherwise I love my 2016 fit

Old 03-09-2021, 04:23 PM
GJR
Originally Posted by Diane Medinski-Chandler
So I don't hit ok, then it goes to the screen with the clock. I still have to hit the back button to go to the last settings I had prior to shutting the vehicle off... Am I doing something different than anyone else? Seems to me I have to hit a button regardless... either OK... or the back button. It's a pain in the ass. Otherwise I love my 2016 fit
I just bought an 2016 Fit EX and am having this exact issue. If I do not touch OK the warning goes away in 30 seconds and is replaced with the clock. The bluetooth music still plays. but If I want to do anything with the screen or see the media info,
I have to hit back, then ok on the warning message. Basically I have to push 2 buttons if I don't push OK on the warning before it goes away.

Am I missing a setting somewhere ?

Old 03-11-2021, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by GJR
I just bought an 2016 Fit EX and am having this exact issue. If I do not touch OK the warning goes away in 30 seconds and is replaced with the clock. The bluetooth music still plays. but If I want to do anything with the screen or see the media info,
I have to hit back, then ok on the warning message. Basically I have to push 2 buttons if I don't push OK on the warning before it goes away.

Am I missing a setting somewhere ?
This is why later models do not have the radio we have (I also have a 2016).