3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Arson's Video Summary Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:08 PM
VIDEO: Interior LED Light Installation

An easy project…

Old 10-22-2014, 08:39 PM
I just got back from running to the grocery store. It was the first time in the Fit in the dark since changing out the lights. I LOVE IT! I love the soft white glow over the yellow. It makes the interior look so much better.
The cargo area is brighter as well. It could be brighter in my opinion, but it's twice as bright as it was before.

Thanks to everyone here who posted about this.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
How fortunate for me to awake to this! My LEDs should be getting here any day. Thanks for this, Arson. Another treasure in your "See It, Do It" series. Well done, sir!

Old 10-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Great piece on your Fit. I also own the same model and love raving about my car. We also own an Odyssey as our second vehicle, but we still enjoy taking the family on trips in the Fit. I've owned many, many vehicles, from high performance to a 78' Ford wagon (which I loved). This car is truly astounding. The option list would put you in the 30's in any other car. As far as "wishes", they are few. A higher arm rest would be nice, rubber bottoms to the storage areas (my Jeep had these, nice touch), and softer arm rests. Love the info screen and Honda apps seem to be working well with IOS8.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Please come out with a whole series of these videos for the Fit. I've already swapped out all of my lights, but if I hadn't, your video would have been a good place to start.

If you have some of those bulbs left, and I imagine you do, try swapping out the license plate lights as well. It looks so much better (not that you really ever get to see the rear of your own car, but in the instances that you do, it's like, "Oooh!) and it's about as easy as swapping the interiors, although I do have to admit that I did mine in the middle of the night with a pinched nerve that was literally making me scream out loud, so I made it a little harder on myself.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:01 PM
License Plate LED Install

Ask and you shall receive…

Old 10-30-2014, 08:06 PM
For those of you who missed the interior LED install…..

Old 10-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the license plate video! Quick question...license plate uses the same led bulbs as the interior lighting correct?

Old 10-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by fbones24
Thanks for the license plate video! Quick question...license plate uses the same led bulbs as the interior lighting correct?
Yes, I used the same bulbs.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all these videos!

Old 10-31-2014, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for this. I sure wish my LEDs ordered from Hong Kong through Amazon would get here.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
why didn't you drill the top of the handle of the suction cup? depending on cameras, the top of the handle will probably work best for the lens to reach over the handle.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Nice work on the camera mount. If you have trouble with the suction cup sticking, a very very thin film of vaseline can help seal (but it does also make it more likely to slide around). At least, that's what I've found with my GPS mount.

Here's another completely different idea for a camera mount that I kind of like and thought about trying at one time. I bought an appropriate bowl for my camera, but somehow ended up using the bowl in my kitchen rather than making a camera mount as initially intended.

The Bowl

Old 11-05-2014, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
For whatever reason the lens for the license plate will not move to the right. lol. Kept at it for several minutes and finally gave up. Will try again later.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for sharing. I wanted to do an install like this, but after reading all the reports of being pulled over for license plate lights being "too bright" I decided that I would just keep the stock ones on.

What is your main reason for changing them out?

Old 11-06-2014, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
Thanks for sharing. I wanted to do an install like this, but after reading all the reports of being pulled over for license plate lights being "too bright" I decided that I would just keep the stock ones on.

What is your main reason for changing them out?
Not too sure about that. The law did say that the light source has to be white. No other color.

Years ago I had a blue neon licence plate frame on my 1991 Honda CRX and for months never had a problem until one night a cop pulled me over to say that I am in violation due to wrong color of the light source for the plate. I asked the cop what color it needs to be?

He said long as it's white it doesn't matter if you used florescent bulb on it. It just has to be white.

As for being too bright? This is first I've heard of it. I will have to check it out here in California about it.

You would think having bright lights on the licence plate make it easier for the cops but hey cops can act weird at times.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't know, the LED lighting upgrade for the interior, cargo area and license plate has been my least expensive but my favorite mod so far on this car! There is just no reason not to do this!!

Old 11-08-2014, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
I finally got the LEDs installed for the license plate. Let me tell you it's a HUGE difference!! Brighter and cleaner look.

As for removal of the lens pushing it towards the right I didn't know about the part of while pushing it is slowly pull it outward. Soon as I did that it finally came undone.

I don't listen to the audio on youtube so may have mentioned that part.

so LEDs project done for now. Love the interior and license plate lights now.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:21 PM
VIDEO: 4 months with my EX-L

My very long winded talk about my 2015 EX-L.

Short version: I still like it.

Long version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCP...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-30-2015, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Arson
........talk about my 2015 EX-L. ........
For 17 minutes the video remained interesting. Glad you shared your ownership insights. Great watch for current and potential GK owners.

Wish my LX had perimeter entry and push start. Got so used to it with the wife's '11 Lexus RX.

YOu should have kept the cap on and just said 30 instead of 40'ish!!!! That top shiner is a dead givaway!!!!

Quick Reply: Arson's Video Summary Thread