3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Arson's Video Summary Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Arson's Video Summary Thread

First post….. that almost never happened.

Over a month ago I put a deposit down on a Fit EX-L that was "already on the way to the dealer". I know, this is already an old story, but there is a fun twist. After being three weeks late, and they could not give me a delivery date, and it might still be a month, etc., etc. I made a few phone calls to other dealers and made a new deal for the same spec. car. I went to the first dealer to get my deposit, and when I was standing at the cashier's desk (the salesman left me there) she asked me a question: "Is this your copy of the sales agreement?" holding the folder the salesman gave her. "No, It's his."

"He never turned it in?" she said…..

It all became clear.

He never turned in the damn paperwork, and my car got sold to someone else. I had been waiting almost a month for a car that was never going to come, and better yet, they said it might be another month.
She had a poor poker face when I told her that, and tried to backpedal, but it was too late. She let the cat out of the bag.

I was upset to say the least, but at that point I just started laughing.

The manager called, the salesman called…. four times trying to smooth things over, blah, blah, blah.

Things went fine with the second dealer, and I have my Fit. I love it, and plan on doing some videos of my time with her.

Here's the first one. I had to make a mount for the camera….

Old 10-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
awesome story
awesome vid
awesome diy

+rep to u

Old 10-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Arson, your story sounds a lot like what I suspect happened with my Fit, though I have no proof. 3 months after putting down a deposit, I still didn't have a car from the "Superstore," while remote dealerships less than 50 miles from me seemed to be having no issues getting the color I wanted in. I ended up buying one from another dealer (but not the color I wanted), and the first dealer wasn't apologetic in the least. In fact, the day after I e-mailed the salesman to ask him to refund the deposit because I'd purchased elsewhere, he made it a point to tell me that my car had arrived that night, and was promptly sold to someone else 10 minutes later. I'm not a violent person, but that really made me want to drive down to the dealership and kick him in the 'nads.

Thankfully, even though you had a crappy experience at the first place, you now have your butt in the seat of a new Fit. Congrats!

Love the video, although I have to say, I was nervous about the suction cup falling off!

Old 10-08-2014, 08:38 PM
VIDEO: Car Camera Mount

I just received my 2015 EX-L, and decided I wanted to start doing some car videos. I needed a good car mount, and tried a DIY mount. So far so good, but I'll be using my old camera just in case that suction gives way….

Old 10-09-2014, 01:40 AM
Nice. Glad to hear it worked out in the long run.

Thnx for sharing your ride

Susan

Old 10-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
+rep to u
DITTO!
DITTO! (had to get 10 characters in.)

Old 10-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Awesome job of mounting and filming!

Old 10-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Great job with the video and suction mount.

Not only does it look sturdy, its totally economical to contruct.

Another timely contribution to the whole FF forum.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Well, the saga continues…….

The second dealership just called and said I have to go and re-sign two documents because the finance department rejected them on appearance. The woman who handled my paperwork told them I signed them in front of her and can verify the signatures. They don't believe her?

I have to drive over tomorrow and make sure all of my signatures look the same. I hope I don't fail at this again….

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on the video.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:34 PM
The Saga Continues…

The second dealership needs me to come in and "re-sign" two of the finance documents. Honda finance rejected it because two of my signatures look different. The woman who handled my paperwork told them she witnessed all signatures, but they don't believe her. Too funny.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:25 PM
VIDEO: Cargo Cover Installation

I picked up the cargo cover clips that had been back-ordered today and was finally able to finish the install on my cargo cover. It was very easy and only used a screwdriver for some leverage to push the clips into place.

I hope this helps anyone who was having trouble with this.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Arson
...hope this helps anyone....
Another good share from our resident video master!!!!

Keep 'em comin!!!!

Old 10-13-2014, 09:29 PM
I really need this, but I'm still holding off on a cheaper alternative that I won't have to make myself. What is the cheapest price anybody has found for the cover? Bernardi's is around $170 for the cover and clips.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Arson
Well, the saga continues…….

The second dealership just called and said I have to go and re-sign two documents because the finance department rejected them on appearance. The woman who handled my paperwork told them I signed them in front of her and can verify the signatures. They don't believe her?

I have to drive over tomorrow and make sure all of my signatures look the same. I hope I don't fail at this again….

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on the video.

Be careful! This is a scam dealerships sometimes use to change things and make more money. They will change the interest rate and add things to the total price. This is something that dealers do a lot and its a total scam to you. But I am sure there is some times when its legit. But over a signature not looking alike............... Yea dude, watch that like a hawk!

Old 10-21-2014, 03:59 PM
2015 EX-L Initial Impressions

I'm not a good car reviewer, but it was fun to make the video…

Old 10-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator
Another great video A..... Impressions from the heart.

Glad that not only you, but the rest of the brood, are enjoying the Fit. Keep on posting your future finds.

Looking forward to your hooking it up with that hitch!!! Am sure lots GK owners would like (and are already) doing the same.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Excellent job on the video! You sure sounded like a pro doing the review.... Keep em coming. I enjoyed watching!

Old 10-22-2014, 06:21 AM
5 Year Member
I love your videos, Arson. This one's a winner too. Keep 'em coming!

Old 10-22-2014, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
I would agree. This video is every bit as good as the professional car review videos I've seen on the web and TV. Well done sir!

-Dustin

Old 10-22-2014, 03:57 PM
VIDEO: 2015 Interior LED Light Installation

Thanks to everyone for this idea along with all the part numbers. The install went fine, and if your thinking about doing this, it's quite easy. No problem.

Last edited by Arson; 10-22-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Arson's Video Summary Thread