Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/)
-   -   The Stembridge Fit (Jazz) Mod Thread - 2015 MSM EX CVT (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/92008-stembridge-fit-jazz-mod-thread-2015-msm-ex-cvt.html)

jhn 05-22-2016 11:56 AM

About VSA: I've found it best to turn it off. I use left foot braking to trail brake, and from time to time the ECU seems to just cut out when VSA is on. I've dragged the brakes exiting a turn with the throttle on and it stumbles, like vapor lock or something. No Bueno.

My times are close to a second slower in D. The cars just sluggish, but in sport mode...wow. Revs stay up, and the car auto shifts at redline. It doesn't bounce on the limiter. It keeps pulling and the shift does not upset the car at all. You just have to keep hitting the left paddle in turns and stuff to keep the revs up. Once you get this worked out so its instinct you'll see what I mean. I am confident the CVT is faster than the manual in this car. Maybe any car.

stembridge 05-22-2016 04:19 PM

There was a C7 Corvette running at the event, and its engine kept stumbling... We finally figured out is was likely stability control doing it.

es

jhn 05-22-2016 10:08 PM

Oh, congrats too! Sounds like you had a lot of fun

Cycomisfit 05-30-2016 04:25 PM

How do you access your MPG information on the head unit?

stembridge 05-30-2016 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cycomisfit (Post 1346044)
How do you access your MPG information on the head unit?

Touch the Info button on the main screen.

es

2Rismo2 07-14-2016 07:33 AM

Stembridge,

Now that it's been a while and your suspension has settled, could you take a measurement for me when you have a moment? I'd like to know what the height is from the front lip and the ground now that you've lowered the fit. I've got an incline onto my driveway so I'm just trying to get a sanity check to make sure it'll clear once I do the mods.

Have you done any more autox with the new suspension yet?

Thanks in advance.

stembridge 07-15-2016 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1349315)
=I'd like to know what the height is from the front lip and the ground now that you've lowered the fit.

Here you go:

http://www.peachtreeprairie.com/road.../clearance.jpg

Looks like about 6.5" to the lowest part of the Mugen-style lip.

No more autox so far this summer; work has been munching every spare moment. There's an event in October that I have on my calendar - looking forward to that one.

Have you done any experimentation with how to launch the fastest? I was trying to "power brake" in S1, but it still seemed really sluggish out of the gate. I almost think it takes off quicker in normal D mode without trying to power brake.

es

2Rismo2 07-17-2016 03:57 PM

Thanks for taking the time to measure and to take a picture. It's very much appreciated.

I think you may have me confused with JHN. he seems to do autoxing. I just use mine for commuting so no power launches lol. Not sure if it's worthwhile in DC metro traffic lol.

I just want a little better handling and add to the looks a bit.

Thanks again!

stembridge 07-17-2016 11:45 PM

LOL! You are of course correct. (c:

I've driven in DC, and have learned it's better to leave the car parked and walk or take the train.

es

jhn 07-18-2016 08:27 PM

I do the brake torque thing. I hold the brake firmly, bring it up to about 2000 and let go of the brake. That's about all you can do.

stembridge 08-01-2016 08:11 PM

Why CVTs Are Awesome Transmissions

Heh.

es

TofuShop 08-31-2016 11:06 PM

hey stembridge, what happened to the video you had posted showing the tone of the Tanabe exhaust?

stembridge 09-01-2016 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by TofuShop (Post 1353201)
hey stembridge, what happened to the video you had posted showing the tone of the Tanabe exhaust?

It's still there… I need to make another one, as the tone has gotten even better!

es

TofuShop 09-01-2016 10:00 PM

i could have swore you had another clip showing the sound from the exterior as well.. maybe i'm mistaken. sounds good!

stembridge 09-02-2016 04:04 PM

By popular request, here's a drive-by video sequence of my Jazz (nee Fit) with the Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust.

Honda Fit Exhaust Sound Drive-by (low)

es

TofuShop 09-02-2016 09:54 PM

NICE! The Tanabe sounds so much deeper with a nice tone in your video compared to the other two videos on YouTube

stembridge 10-01-2016 09:20 PM

Had a blast today at the OctoberFAST event in Pekin, IL with my son (his first autox, my second). Video soon.

http://www.peachtreeprairie.com/road...ctoberFAST.JPG

es

2Rismo2 10-02-2016 12:28 PM

How'd it feel with the new suspension? Did you win an award again? lol

stembridge 10-02-2016 10:54 PM

As promised, here's the video: link

No trophy this time! We ran in the first heat and the track was pretty wet. One of my runs was in a steady rain (wipers on). The wet actually favored the lower HP cars (there were some impressive spin-outs!). The sun came out after lunch, so the average times went down a lot - I think only one or two cars in the first heat took home an award.

My son had an absolute blast (as you'll see in the vid)!

es

stembridge 02-15-2017 04:02 PM

Just had my VCT Actuator replaced under powertrain warranty at a bit over 50K miles. It took the dealer several attempts to replicate the rattle-on-start symptom. It's TSB 16-088 if you have the same issue.

es