3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Spoon Sports Fit3 Suspension Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Spoon Sports Fit3 Suspension Parts

Spoon Sports will be releasing some new suspension pieces for the Fit3 GK models. These items can be purchased through any Spoon Sports USA dealer.

Spoon Fixed Type Damper Kit - $1185

Spoon Fixed Type Dampers can be used with any OEM sized spring. Improves handling with stiffer compression and rebound valving for vehicles with high grip radial tires. Designed to be used Spoon Progressive springs or can be used with OEM springs. Best for daily use when height adjustable dampers are not required.

Spoon Progressive Springs - $460

Spring rate
Front: 2.5kgf / mm (24.4N / mm)
Rear: 2.4kgf / mm (23.7N / mm)
Lowering amount: Front: 25mm, Rear 25mm

Spoon Stabilizer Sway Bar (Front) - $300

Spoon Stabilizer Bar: 28mm (40% increase over stock)
FitRS OEM Bar: 25mm

Spoon Rear Adjusting Plate for Street - $340
Spoon Rear Adjusting Plate for Race - $340

Reduces the rear toe-in by replacing the factory caliper mounting bracket to change the angle of the rear hub. The factory rear torsion beam does not allow for any alignment changes and has a set toe-in of 0°30′. The Spoon Rear Adjusting Plate for Street changes this to 0° for better turn-in handling and less understeer. Constructed of high strength S50C stainless steel and tested for safety. Additional rigidity also improve rear braking stability and performance.
Street verion:
Toe: IN 0°30′ → 0°
Camber: No Change.
Race verion:
Toe: IN 0°30′ → 0°
Camber: -1°30′ → -2°30′

Spoon Suspension Set - $2055
10% savings over individual pieces.
Complete suspension kit consisting of:
- Spoon Fixed Type Damper Kit 51600-GK5-000
- Spoon Progressive Springs 51400-GK5-001
- Spoon Stabilizer Sway Bar 51300-GK5-000
- Spoon Rear Adjusting Plate for Street 43250-GK5-000

Old 08-18-2015, 08:30 PM
jhn
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbups :

I want some toe/ camber plates!

Would I need to remove the caliper tabs to use them with drums or will they be OK?

Will these parts be readily available in the states?

Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Those springs, and that sway bar are calling to me.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Spoon! Thank you Spoon!!!

Old 08-19-2015, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by jhn
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbups :

I want some toe/ camber plates!

Would I need to remove the caliper tabs to use them with drums or will they be OK?

Will these parts be readily available in the states?
Yes, these parts will be stocked and readily available in a few months.
It would be very difficult to remove the caliper tabs because these plates are made from hardened stainless steel.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:49 PM
jhn
I'm guessing 304 grade or so...nothing a zip wheel and belt sander probably couldn't handle :-).

Hopefully, this would not be a problem and the tabs do not interfere with drum brakes.

Would you like to sponsor me? If you send me some for free or substantial discount, I'll mount/ test them, provide feedback, pictures, etc?

I want some but $340 is out of my reach.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by jhn
I'm guessing 304 grade or so...nothing a zip wheel and belt sander probably couldn't handle :-).

Hopefully, this would not be a problem and the tabs do not interfere with drum brakes.

Would you like to sponsor me? If you send me some for free or substantial discount, I'll mount/ test them, provide feedback, pictures, etc?

I want some but $340 is out of my reach.
They're made from billet high carbon S50C stainless steel using a 3D CNC which is why they're so expensive. We are currently running a set on our test car with the rear disc brake conversion. When we find some time we'll try to re-mount the drum brakes and see how it goes.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Any possibility of a rear sway bar? Rear disc brake conversion kit? Some of these are going on my "watch" list!

es

Old 08-19-2015, 09:43 PM
Those are actually not that expensive at all

Old 08-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by stembridge
Any possibility of a rear sway bar? Rear disc brake conversion kit? Some of these are going on my "watch" list!

es
The rear is a torsion beam so you can't use a sway bar. The rear disc brake conversion is already available.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:53 PM
SpoonSportsUSA can you comment a little on how the front sway bar makes the car feel as opposed to stock? I understand what a FSB does generally, I'm more interested in what this particular Spoon one does from a drivers viewpoint. Will it be enough of a change to notice on street driving in corners?

I thought the CRZ had a rear torsion beam and those guys put rear sway bars on them? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SpoonSportsUSA
The rear is a torsion beam so you can't use a sway bar. The rear disc brake conversion is already available.
There's at least one I've seen for the GK:

Honda Jazz GK (3rd Gen) 2WD 1.5 (2013) Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar / Rear Anti-roll Bar - Ultra Racing Product Catalog

Years ago I cobbled together a dual rear sway bar for my '82 Cavalier, which had a torsion beam rear. I've always understood you want to tighten up the front end on a rear-wheel-drive car, and tighten the back end on FWD. Even though it was a bit of a hack job, my Cav drove like it was on rails. I cut one coil off each spring, did the double rear bar and went thicker on the front bar.

es

Old 08-20-2015, 04:17 PM

Honda Jazz GK (3rd Gen) 2WD 1.5 (2013) Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar / Rear Anti-roll Bar - Ultra Racing Product Catalog

Years ago I cobbled together a dual rear sway bar for my '82 Cavalier, which had a torsion beam rear. I've always understood you want to tighten up the front end on a rear-wheel-drive car, and tighten the back end on FWD. Even though it was a bit of a hack job, my Cav drove like it was on rails. I cut one coil off each spring, did the double rear bar and went thicker on the front bar.

es
Sorry, what I should've said, the rear sway bar won't help much. Sure, you can make something for anything, but factoring in cost/benefit and also adding weight it's not something Spoon produces.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by robertsmithfromthecure
SpoonSportsUSA can you comment a little on how the front sway bar makes the car feel as opposed to stock? I understand what a FSB does generally, I'm more interested in what this particular Spoon one does from a drivers viewpoint. Will it be enough of a change to notice on street driving in corners?

I thought the CRZ had a rear torsion beam and those guys put rear sway bars on them? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
The front sway bar will reduce the front end's pitch during cornering so you will get better steering feel and sharper turn-in without sacrificing the ride quality from stiffer springs. Yes, it is something you will feel on a normal street car, just making right and left turns at speed you will feel the car roll less.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry, what I should've said, the rear sway bar won't help much. Sure, you can make something for anything, but factoring in cost/benefit and also adding weight it's not something Spoon produces.
Makes sense. The trailing arms are pretty short on the GK anyway and I imagine the stock beam isn't *too* bad.

es

Old 08-20-2015, 11:57 PM
jhn

es
You have that backward.

Whichever end you mount the bar (or stiffen the springs) will loosen the handling on that end. It just depends on what characteristic you're looking for on your FWD, RWD, AWD. Most new cars, FWD or RWD these days have super tight handling because it is easier to manage for the everyday driver. A loose car that wants to spin out is not as easy to drive.

The Fit pushes like mad in stock form.

Last edited by jhn; 08-21-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:07 AM
jhn

Can you elaborate further? Why won't an anti-sway bar help much in the rear on a Torsion beam like the Fit? On a car that inherently has massive understeer from the factory, won't stiffening the front sway bar make it push worse?

I would think softer front springs/sway bar, stiffer rear springs/ swaybar to allow weight transfer onto the front wheels and off the rear wheels to help the car rotate in corners? I know some A/X racers that have been disconnecting the front sway bar links so it doesn't function at all on FWD cars for this very reason.

Reducing the rear toe-in will definitely help with the understeer problem.

Last edited by jhn; 08-21-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:49 AM
jhn
Oh, and I have the rear sway bar posted above. 19mm version:

Old 08-21-2015, 09:53 AM
where can we get the rear disc brake conversion kit?

Old 08-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by jhn
Can you elaborate further? Why won't an anti-sway bar help much in the rear on a Torsion beam like the Fit? On a car that inherently has massive understeer from the factory, won't stiffening the front sway bar make it push worse?

I would think softer front springs/sway bar, stiffer rear springs/ swaybar to allow weight transfer onto the front wheels and off the rear wheels to help the car rotate in corners? I know some A/X racers that have been disconnecting the front sway bar links so it doesn't function at all on FWD cars for this very reason.

Reducing the rear toe-in will definitely help with the understeer problem.
A stiffer front say bar will provide a more positive steering feel and sharper turn-in. It will improve steering "feel". However, it will not help overall understeer of the car. Sway bars are not the proper way to make major changes to overall understeer/oversteer characteristics because you're increasing the lateral spring effect without any additional dampening. Tires, springs/dampers, and alignment are the correct ways change overall understeer or oversteer. Autocross people often disconnect sway bars because they're rules limited to changing springs, tires, and sway bar, not because that's the proper way to set up a car.

Quick Reply: Spoon Sports Fit3 Suspension Parts