3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

HFP suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 12:24 PM
HFP suspension

Greetings,
My first post and I am getting straight to the point.
Does anyone know if HFP suspension kit (8W60-T5A-100A) listed for 2017-2019 MY will fit a 2016 EX 6MT? I would think so...
And did anyone actually try this?
I have just acquired a new to me FIT and it is a wicked little hatchback. It doesn't need much to be just about perfect, except for a better sorted suspension.
Hence my question.
I appreciate your insight...
Kris

Old 05-29-2018, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
I personally have not tried it, but from what I understand any aftermarket coilover (for example) that are made for a GK5 will work on all, GK5's

I would assume, the HFP stuff would be in the same boat. Sometimes, it says "fits 2018" but still works on 2015, 2016, 2017 model years.

Here is a fun example:
2018 Cargo Area Cover, Fits 2015-2017 (08U35-T5A-100)
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...t5a-100-a.html

Old 05-29-2018, 03:23 PM
Great. Much appreciated
Kris

Old 05-29-2018, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
Highly unlikely it won't. Check out the part numbers for the parts that those bits mount to. If they're the same across model years, I tend to think you are good.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
It should interchange to earlier models. No major differences to the struts themselves other than valving throughout the years.

Old 01-05-2021, 03:22 AM
Did this end up working for you? I have a 2016 CVT and would be interested in doing this as well.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:45 PM
Yes they will fit just fine.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
the important question to ask is if its worth it vs a kit of adjustable suspension....

Old 01-06-2021, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dantheman1689
Did this end up working for you? I have a 2016 CVT and would be interested in doing this as well.
They work just fine for your year. You'll just have to keep in mind that there is a set of this suspension for manual cars and CVT cars (a note I missed in my post further up).

I don't know the key difference between these two accessory suspension package for certain since there isn't a break down of the individual parts (spring, strut, bump stop, etc.) in the parts catalog that I'm looking at. However, if its anything like the Fit's factory suspension, there will likely be a difference in the front springs themselves (likely due to a different spring rate) and the dampers/shocks/struts will be the same between the kits.

In your case for your CVT car, the part number you'll be looking for is 08W60-T5A-100.

The manual kit is 08W60-T5A-100A... this will still physicaly work with your car but isn't the correct package as intended by Honda. Again, likely due to a different front spring rate based upon what I'm seeing with the factory springs between 6MT and CVT cars.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Thanks Hootie! Love your Avanti Storm S1s.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elkaku
the important question to ask is if its worth it vs a kit of adjustable suspension....
Depends on what you're looking to get out of the suspension since that simple question has an abundance of answers.

Key things to consider is what's your budget (obviously)? What's the car's intended purpose be it a simple daily, track rat, slammed weekend/show car or even just trying to get it a bit more comfortable or anything in between? What are you looking for in terms of ride quality, ride height drop/lift, dampening adjustablity, or one that some don't think about often... serviceability if need be (fun fact: Honda does NOT offer individual replacement parts for their HFP suspension)?

If you want something off the shelf that works in a plug and play fashion while retaining an OE like fit, finish, sportier but OE like ride with warranty (12 month, 12k miles if installed at dealership or 3 years/36k miles if installed with the purchase of the vehicle).. Then this may be something to consider.

If you want a bit more range of adjustment be it ride height, spring rate, spring pre-load, dampening adjustment and possibly some front camber adjustment if the struts are notched... Then maybe a set of coilovers might be your forte.

Do keep in mind, it'll be wise to do a good deal of research before pulling that trigger on coilovers. Some manufactures make darn good entry level coilovers at reasonable price... others hot garbage. In addition to that, depending on the kit and/or how they're assembled some coilovers will not be as quiet as standard/factory suspension or the various spring/shock combos offered by Honda via HFP, Spoon Sports, or say an aftermarket spring shock pairing such as Progress springs with Koni STRT dampers. Again, research is encouraged and if possible find someone who is running one of the suspensions you're looking at and ride along... COVID/social distancing permitting considering current times.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Hootie! Love your Avanti Storm S1s.
Thankie! I hope that tidbit of info helps!

Old 01-07-2021, 11:11 PM
Yes it does, the more I'm learning the more I'm leaning toward springs for now. Specifically the RSR super downs.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Depends on what you're looking to get out of the suspension since that simple question has an abundance of answers.

Key things to consider is what's your budget (obviously)? What's the car's intended purpose be it a simple daily, track rat, slammed weekend/show car or even just trying to get it a bit more comfortable or anything in between? What are you looking for in terms of ride quality, ride height drop/lift, dampening adjustablity, or one that some don't think about often... serviceability if need be (fun fact: Honda does NOT offer individual replacement parts for their HFP suspension)?

If you want something off the shelf that works in a plug and play fashion while retaining an OE like fit, finish, sportier but OE like ride with warranty (12 month, 12k miles if installed at dealership or 3 years/36k miles if installed with the purchase of the vehicle).. Then this may be something to consider.

If you want a bit more range of adjustment be it ride height, spring rate, spring pre-load, dampening adjustment and possibly some front camber adjustment if the struts are notched... Then maybe a set of coilovers might be your forte.

Do keep in mind, it'll be wise to do a good deal of research before pulling that trigger on coilovers. Some manufactures make darn good entry level coilovers at reasonable price... others hot garbage. In addition to that, depending on the kit and/or how they're assembled some coilovers will not be as quiet as standard/factory suspension or the various spring/shock combos offered by Honda via HFP, Spoon Sports, or say an aftermarket spring shock pairing such as Progress springs with Koni STRT dampers. Again, research is encouraged and if possible find someone who is running one of the suspensions you're looking at and ride along... COVID/social distancing permitting considering current times.

It helps indeed!! As of me.... i daily the GK and plan on tuning it and eventually track it.... so when the time comes ill consider something that is adjustable so I can change the rates and dampening settings for either DD and tighten it up when i track her....

Have you heard about the gecko suspension?.....

Old 01-08-2021, 10:18 AM
Worth it for me because I wanted Honda performance, just stiffer than stock. Not a harsh ride that comes with aftermarket coilovers. I'm not looking to slam my car on the ground either.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:20 AM
It helps indeed!! As of me.... i daily the GK and plan on tuning it and eventually track it.... so when the time comes ill consider something that is adjustable so I can change the rates and dampening settings for either DD and tighten it up when i track her....

Have you heard about the gecko suspension?.....
Gecko is bottom level stuff. Aka cheap Ebay sold Chinese brands. I would go HFP over that cheap junk any day.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie

Thank you for this.
I'm seriously considering this route, especially since I recently realized the "clunk" in my front end is caused by failed front end component(s).
This way I'd be able to maintain the remaining warranty until Oct 2023, especially since they'd are Honda parts being installed by a Honda dealer.

Old 01-18-2021, 01:26 PM
Just found out the kit(s) are only currently available in the US, but not for Canada...they are also unsure if it'll ever be available up here as Honda Canada has discontinued the Fit for 2021 model year
If it does become available in Canada, it's $1527.43 CAD plus taxes and installation (quoted at around 400-500).
It'll probably be cheaper to simply order the kit from the US sites (roughly 600-650USD ~ 800CAD) and pay the exchange rate, shipping and brokerage fees etc.

The local Honda dealer said they'd be fine with installing the kit for me, as it's technically a Honda part.

Old 01-25-2021, 05:25 PM
Man, I keep debating on this. The car is a daily but here are the options I'm considering at the moment:

-Stock shocks/struts with RSR Super Down Springs and new Megan RCAs (might be less reliable but more aggressive)

-Go with HFP Suspension. (Less aggressive but more reliable)

-Or a more costly route that might be possible. HFP suspension using the RSR super down springs. (best of both worlds?)

Old 01-26-2021, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
Man, I keep debating on this. The car is a daily but here are the options I'm considering at the moment:

-Stock shocks/struts with RSR Super Down Springs and new Megan RCAs (might be less reliable but more aggressive)

-Go with HFP Suspension. (Less aggressive but more reliable)

-Or a more costly route that might be possible. HFP suspension using the RSR super down springs. (best of both worlds?)
Whats your main goal? performance or just for looks?
HFP will look stock when you just look at the ride height
RSR super down with stock shocks expect your shocks will "leak" soon. You can try using Koni shocks from 2nd gen Fit. But according to Redshift motorsports the front Koni struts are longer than stock and not recommended to put lowering springs.

I have super down first but shocks didnt last i think around 10k miles of driving and ive noticed some oil from the shock boots.
I went with HFP since i can only use non coilovers for my scca time trials class. Showa made the shocks and I think its the same as Spoon sports shocks to be honest just different color
Looks and performance better save a little and go with BC coilovers or Revel/Tanabe coilovers since they have GK5 specific coilovers. Revel probably better since they include adjustable sway bar end links

Quick Reply: HFP suspension