3rd Generation GK Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the third generation Honda Fit (GK)

16" ZEN wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 07:40 PM
16" ZEN wheels

Hey guys... I have a Fit LX and I upgraded the rims to 16" by ZEN racing wheels.. And ever since I changed the rims, it felt like my car got heavier specially when i hit the breaks, is there anyway i can fix this? I already spent 900 bucks on it... Please help

Old 04-14-2015, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gilbertgpt
Hey guys... I have a Fit LX and I upgraded the rims to 16" by ZEN racing wheels..
How much do the new wheels weigh? Sounds like too much?

Old 04-15-2015, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by BamaHighLife
How much do the new wheels weigh? Sounds like too much?
I dont know.. The dealer never told me how much it weights, my friend told me to check at a car shop.. But before i had those rims my brakes works fine

Old 04-15-2015, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
I suspect your new wheels (did you get new tires too?) weigh a bit more than the originals and with a car as light as the Fit, you're able to feel the difference in acceleration and braking.

Did you keep your original wheels? Simply swapping those back on would rule out anything mechanical on the car.

I tried to find some more data on the wheels you purchased but that was a bit difficult. What model of Zen wheel did you specifically purchase?

Old 04-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by BamaHighLife
I suspect your new wheels (did you get new tires too?) weigh a bit more than the originals and with a car as light as the Fit, you're able to feel the difference in acceleration and braking.

Did you keep your original wheels? Simply swapping those back on would rule out anything mechanical on the car.

I tried to find some more data on the wheels you purchased but that was a bit difficult. What model of Zen wheel did you specifically purchase?
Yes they also gave me new tires i'm trying to find the wheels that i have but i can't find it.. I just want to know what i can do about my brakes because it feels heavy.. I feel like im regretting getting the rims

Old 04-15-2015, 09:15 AM
I can't upload my fits wheels here everytime i try, my phone keeps crashing..

Old 04-15-2015, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
I can't upload my fits wheels here everytime i try, my phone keeps crashing..
What about finding your receipt and reading the model off of that?

Old 04-15-2015, 06:40 PM
The receipt was only hand written and it doesn't say what the model is so its useless... I'm gonna check at the dealer see what they find.. Thanks for the help

Old 04-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Hey guys... I have a Fit LX and I upgraded the rims to 16" by ZEN racing wheels.. And ever since I changed the rims, it felt like my car got heavier specially when i hit the breaks, is there anyway i can fix this? I already spent 900 bucks on it... Please help

I had this problem too, but on my lotus. I bought some after market racing rims that were heavier than the stock sport rims. After install, the car immediately felt noticeably heavier, less nimble and less responsive. In a way it was 'good' because it felt better 'planted' if that makes sense.

After a bit, I really missed the nimbleness of the car so I bought some Lotus cup wheels and mounted the same tires to those. HUGE difference. The cup wheels are about 2-3 pounds lighter per wheel, and in light cars (like the Fit and Lotus) it makes a big difference!

Oh, and btw, both wheel sets were the same diameter and width, with the same tires.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:55 PM
Ohh, so you changed your wheels? Yeah i'm planning to change my rims again.. Maybe some lighter wheels