OEM Honda Hood (Bug) Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned
Thumbs up OEM Honda Hood (Bug) Deflectors

Bay Area Fits:

When I bought my Honda Hood Deflector from a Canadian Honda dealer, I didn't mind paying the extra cost due to the exchange rate, import duty, and high shipping charges simply because they were not available from any U.S. source.

After I put it on and tested it, I minded the high price even less because of how well it worked. I called Angelo at Zeta Products in New Jersey and suggested to him that this product would increase his sales of Fit accessories IF he could get a dealership from the Canadian manufacturer.

It took 3-4 months of negotiation, but Angelo succeeded. Zeta is the only U.S. dealer for the deflectors. That is my BOM Fit in the announcement from Zeta:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/zeta...-products.html

The price is (??), but it is bound to be less than the $150.00 that I paid, and that all of the American fitfreaks paid in Illusive's Group Buy. If you want to keep bugs off your windshield and upper hood area, this is the answer to your problem.

Last edited by manxman; 10-05-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
How well does it work for the windshield, I see the big bugs coming straight head on, will the air pushing off of the shield help the windshield much? oO;

Something I had wondered about before.

anyways off to bed >.<

Upload those pictures, I'm sure you have some photos of the fitmeet =P

Old 10-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
How well does it work for the windshield, I see the big bugs coming straight head on, will the air pushing off of the shield help the windshield much? oO;

Something I had wondered about before.

anyways off to bed >.<

Upload those pictures, I'm sure you have some photos of the fitmeet =P
Anthony,

As I posted previously, the purpose of the hood deflector is to create a high pressure wave of air that carries bugs and small rocks over the windshield and over the roof. This accessory is EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE.

Re: photos. Thanks for all of your work in setting up the hosting facility. I may or may not put any photos up. I didn't take many, and my camera is far less capable of quality photos than many of the others that were there, particularly "lilcat"'s digital SLR.

Dave

Old 10-06-2007, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
so are the hood deflectors OEM?

Old 10-07-2007, 06:52 AM
5 Year Member
Yup, canadian.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Banned
The retail price from Zeta Products for the OEM Honda Hood Deflector is 1/3 off the price that the rest of us have paid when we bought from Canadian sources-- $105.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor
The quality of this piece is quite good. This is made by the same manufacturer that supplies Honda Canada.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:56 AM
i had just ordered my hood deflector a few days ago and should get it by the 30th of this month will have that on as well as tinted windows before the meet on Nov 10th.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor
The deflectors are selling well. Here is an image provided by a happy customer.

Click the image below to view more product details.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Banned
Angelo,

Thanks for having the guts and patience that it took to negotiate long enough to obtain your dealership for this great product. As I told you last May, it compliments the rest of your high quality accessories for the Fit.

Dave

Old 10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
I'm sadly still waiting for mine, mine is in a S. San Francisco... hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can install it.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
I'm sadly still waiting for mine, mine is in a S. San Francisco... hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can install it.
Anthony--

Well? did you get it today? S. SanFran is a couple of miles away.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
I got mine yesterday, it's in the box, and I don't have time to install it, and it's been drizzling for a few days now. sucky.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:37 PM
iam still waiting for mine...i checked on UPS and it said it is out for delivery but i havent recieved it yet. i cant waite to see all the cars with the deflectors on. i hope it gets to my work place soon cuz i am getting off in an hour.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
OMG... Mine doesnt fit properly... it's cut wrong... I had to modify my installation kit, had to shave one of the mounting pieces on the right side of the car...

pics:

This one is a shot, where the waves are, they are not aligned equally on bioths sides, you can see I mounted the whole thing perfectly centered, (the two center screws are right in the middle of the two middle mounts)

I had to shave off one of the mounts to make it attached properly to the mounts

Old 11-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor
Sorry there was a problem and glad you were able to get it installed. Let me know if things change...

Old 11-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the pics and the heads up. I should be getting mine in today and when I install it this weekend I will see if I come across the same problem. If I do then ill PM you on AIM.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Regardless of the irregularities you found in your deflector you made it looks good still.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 PM
YAY!!!!i just got my deflector in this morning and now i cant waite till this saturday to get it installed. Now i have to decide if i want to get the Mugen window defloector or some other comapny.

I guess Ill see how it looks in person first.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor
Don't forget to post pics...

Originally Posted by BlackCobra
YAY!!!!i just got my deflector in this morning and now i cant waite till this saturday to get it installed. Now i have to decide if i want to get the Mugen window defloector or some other comapny.

I guess Ill see how it looks in person first.

Quick Reply: OEM Honda Hood (Bug) Deflectors