"The NEXT" Bay Area Fit Meet

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
that sounds really good! just pick a date and i'll schedule around it!

Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by manxman
solbrothers, and any other interested Bay Area fitfreaks---

I will come and lead the parade as long as I am not putting on my Skunk2 rear disc brakes whenever this comes together.

Dave
I would like to see your rear disk brak before the meet. I hope you will have it installed before then. I dont work on the weekends so I am free. Saturdays would work best for me but if the meet lands on a Sunday it should be fine.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
Dave,

As long as I get to lead the pack of course.

Either way, pick a date, I can show up, but will be gone 2 weeks for Thanksgiving in EL Salvador between the 14th and 28th =P

Old 10-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Banned
BC-

I was teasing about the brakes. No one has been contacted by Skunk2 for the group buy yet. The only thing that would keep me from a Fit Meet would be if the brakes arrived, and if it takes too long to get this meet organized, the brakes may show up. But it will supposedly take up to 6 weeks after I give them my deposit, and they haven't asked for it yet. So brakes keeping me away is not likely, and I won't have anything to show anybody for quite a while.

Bay Area member "grouser" would like to join us, but he works as a CDF Fireman in the Santa Cruz mountains every Saturday, then commutes 6 hours back home to Redding every Sunday morning. The only day that he can come is on a Sunday. I'll send him a pm to see if he can make it any time soon.

Since this location is in my area, I can make it any time. So, you guys pick the weekend. My wife works all weekends as a hospital nurse, so my time is open every weekend.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Reed's Sport Shop would be a good location. I am also pretty much open for any weekend.

If any of the East Bay folks want to meet up and head down there together let me know.

Last edited by BlackCobra; 10-21-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Manxman thanks for trying to include me in the meet, my schedule is changing again and I will be working thru the week for a couple of weeks then another change that may include weekends. So bottom line is I don't know what the heck my weekends are and if I can make it or not so I say just plan anyday that works for the most poeople and not try to cater to my schedule ,,,cuz I don't HAVE a schedule right now!!!! Don't let my messed up schedule ruin the meet, it will either work out or not, this time or next,,,,,,thanks again for trying,,,,,
PS got my car back from the body shop...looks good but no wax for 30 days is KILLING me!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned
Mike-

I'm very glad to hear that your Fit is back!

Everybody else- let's make this trip easy and casual- it's a cruise with a photo op at a park and mountain top observatory. We can decide during the cruise whether or not it's worth coming back in warm weather for a more involved BBQ/picnic. If grouser can come, great, if not this time, maybe his new schedule will make it easier for him later on.

So far, we have solbrothers, CuTeBoi, and BlackCobra ready. Tool, you're on the forums 24 hrs. a day- how about you and Dad? I pm'd macbuddy but I don't know if he's been on the forums lately- he just put on his Progress sway bar and a new ceramic coated header a day or so ago. We need more than this to intimidate the SUV's on the mountain with another "Toy Car Show".

Old 10-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I haven't driven my FIT up a steep hill yet and was wondering if it will be able to make a climb or will it slow down and not keep momentum going up.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
I haven't driven my FIT up a steep hill yet and was wondering if it will be able to make a climb or will it slow down and not keep momentum going up.
lol. our cars are slow, but they should be able to make it up hills and whatnot

Old 10-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Banned
ciburri, leandro82, lilcat, Tetsurin,and EXWRX (Ivan, Michael, Alex, Steve and Jeff)----

Are you guys up for this? This would be a great use for Alex's digital SLR, and unless you are pushed for time, Jeff, you could keep going East over the mountain through Patterson and onto I-5, then a few minutes up to 205 and the Altamont Pass to home. The East side of the mountain is even more interesting (for seasoned drivers) than the San Jose side. The country lane through the valley to Patterson and leading to I-5 is the exact opposite of the streets and freeways of the Silicon Valley, and Chloe would get a completely different perspective of where she lives. A different world altogether.

Ivan, please bring Tamara and Reno (Rinot? sp?)- he won't need to cook but would enjoy the drive!

Last edited by manxman; 10-21-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 10-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
BC,

If you come, you will have no problem with the performance of your car, and after the trip, you will never worry about going up hills again (unless you get rid of your car and try to get around on a skateboard). Whether you have MT or AT, you will be in 2nd. gear in the tricky parts anyway.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
i'll bring my DSLR too.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey fellow Bay Area fitfreaks - I saw the picture thread regarding the last meet and stumbled upon this one... Needless to say, it sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm definitely interested in jumping on board and joining. Lick Observatory sounds like lots of fun.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by fitboy408
Hey fellow Bay Area fitfreaks - I saw the picture thread regarding the last meet and stumbled upon this one... Needless to say, it sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm definitely interested in jumping on board and joining. Lick Observatory sounds like lots of fun.
You'll be welcome, once everybody decides on a day!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Dave,

Sounds good to me man, im pretty much open all weekends! Hopefully we can get 5-6 Fits but hopefully more! Im pretty sure ill be going though!

Old 10-21-2007, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Next weekend is out for me, but maybe the first or second weekend in November.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned
Okay, everybody,

I propose that we make it the 1st. weekend of Nov. Not just for EXWRX, but to allow enough time for the people who came last time to check this thread, and for everybody to talk with their friends to see who else wants to come.

Two solid weeks should be enough time to get the people who are really interested to arrange their schedules, and it's far enough ahead of Thanksgiving so that it won't interrupt holiday plans. If anyone else has a better plan, sing out! Unfortunately, gas may be $3.50 a gallon by then.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Sounds good Dave..That weekend works for me! Ill talk to my dad tonight and let you know a solid answer tomorrow but im sure we will be there!

Old 10-21-2007, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Let's go! Let's go!

At the present time, I am open for only one weekend, Nov 10th or the 11th. Choose one of these dates please. Let me early enough and I will join you guys for sure.

This will be my last chance to go for awhile. The holiday season demands a lot of my time, especially the weekends.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by macbuddy
At the present time, I am open for only one weekend, Nov 10th or the 11th. Choose one of these dates please. Let me early enough and I will join you guys for sure.

This will be my last chance to go for awhile. The holiday season demands a lot of my time, especially the weekends.
Im down for those dates man!

Quick Reply: "The NEXT" Bay Area Fit Meet