NorCal Autocross schedule!!!-next weekend good for you guys?!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
NorCal Autocross schedule!!!-next weekend good for you guys?!!

Is next weekend too soon for you guys?! ROFL!
It is in Oakland Coliseum on Sunday!

2008 Solo Championship Round 1 * San Francisco Region SCCA

2008 Solo2 calendar:

2008 SFR SCCA Solo Calendar

Old 01-27-2008, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
a little too soon for me...i'd like to get rid of the 17"s i have on my car now and get 16"s with a better suspension setup...

Classes:
SCCA Solo Car Classifications

Last edited by Amageus; 01-27-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Ivan-

Lets do it! Were game, i couldnt drive but ill watch. Let me know.

Tyler

Old 01-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Well just talked to my dad and he said he wants to watch the super bowl...I still really want to go, maybe i can ride out there with someone and watch lol??

Tyler

Old 01-28-2008, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Well guys, I'll be there with my Fit. I have some new Kuhmos I'll be trying along with a staggered tire arrangement. Anyone else planning on running in H-Stock??

Old 01-28-2008, 03:29 AM
What class dose the "fit" fit into?

And when are they coming to stockton's track?

so you can buy a days membership right?

Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mrFroge
Well guys, I'll be there with my Fit. I have some new Kuhmos I'll be trying along with a staggered tire arrangement. Anyone else planning on running in H-Stock??
Froge-
I didn't realize you were so close. "macbuddy" comes to our meets from Modesto. If we don't come to this weekend's event, we will very likely watch you compete in the near future.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Elite Auto Detail
What class dose the "fit" fit into?

And when are they coming to Stockton's track?

so you can buy a days membership right?
Class A STOCK fit can run in "H-Stock" or "T1 H-Stock". T1 is a local class for all stock classes with "Street Tires". Street tires are tires that have a ware factor 140 or higher. The winner is determined by a handicap time multiplier.
Quick list of Stock mods: Exhaust behind the CAT; Shocks and Struts can be changed but NOT springs or mounts(no coil-overs); Air intake filter but not the inlet hardware; Tires of any wear factor, but must be mounted on stock size wheels (+/- 6mm offset); A front anti-sway bar can be added.. AND Beware of changes to the body sheet metal/plastic..

It doesn't take many modifications to toss the FIT into STS class where you will be eaten alive by the other cars.

You can run in any class for "FUN". Meaning that you are not counted in competition for points and there are no restrictions, other than safety, on modifications. This way everyone knows you are new and will help you out if you need it (or not).

Membership Now you must be a member of the SCCA to drive at an event. A Weekend temporary membership is available for $15.00. This is in addition to the Track fee in Oakland of $35.00 a day.

Stockton. ? I don't believe the Sacramento schedule is out yet. They usually run later in the year and on the smaller fairgrounds area in Stockton. I've never competed there.

Think Atwater The Fresno group runs at the Castle Airport on one, if not the best, surfaces in the Nation. Their season starts with a two day event on March 2 and 3!

Check here for a complete schedule http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/cgi-bin/schedaction.cgi

Last edited by mrFroge; 01-29-2008 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Addd schedule update..
Old 01-28-2008, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TOOL
Well just talked to my dad and he said he wants to watch the super bowl...I still really want to go, maybe i can ride out there with someone and watch lol??

Tyler
Someone always brings a satellite dish and TV along to watch when they aren't running.. The racing is more fun anyway..

Old 01-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Oakland Collisium is in my back yard...YAY.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
You can run in any class for "FUN". Meaning that you are not counted in competition for points and there are no restrictions, other than safety, on modifications.
This is where I would jump in. I would do this for FUN rather than compete. I know i would get eaten by Ivan or Dave even though they are on auto XD

Membership Now you must be a member of the SCCA to drive at an event. A Weekend temporary membership is available for $15.00. This is in addition to the Track fee in Oakland of $35.00 a day.
I think we should do a AutoX meet but right now it's too soon for me. Plus I'd like to run with a different setup.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
mrFroge,
looks like we will be there at least to support you as a pit crew.
Quick calculation tells me I need to put at least $250 to have a purpose in running this Sunday.
My car understeers like a pig without rear sway bar (I do not feel like disconnecting my front one), aftermarket springs throw me in higher class urging me to switch to my CRX wheels and tires which are so wide that rub all over requiring both front and rear camber kits!

I can bring 4 small orange cones, 5 gallon air tank, tools, lawn chairs,.....
What else comes to your mind?

I could compete in my half stripped CRX, but I would need to trailer it since it is not registered or insured. Again money plays a role in renting a truck and a trailer and registering for the event!
Until I start working I will have to put my right foot urges in check!

Ivan

Old 01-28-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BlackCobra
Oakland Coliseum is in my back yard...YAY.
You are in luck as most of the events are in Oakland with a few in Candlestick and Golden Gate Fields (Berkley).

Come on out and test your skills.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
Well, everything you mentioned would come in handy.. I'll be in run group 3 for sure but I don't know yet whether I'll work during group 1 or during the initial setup.. It is always fun to have other Fitfreaks around.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Do they run rain or shine?

Tyler

Old 01-29-2008, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
so if I go on sunday..... I would be the only one doing something since i"m all stock?

Old 01-29-2008, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I would like to join, however I'm petty busy this Sunday, but we'll see at when the time comes

Old 01-29-2008, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Do they run rain or shine?

Tyler
Of course. Some times things are slowed down when the cones float away.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
so if I go on sunday..... I would be the only one doing something since i"m all stock?
I'm not sure what you mean by your question. I'll be there running in H-Stock. There is another Fit that shows up and runs in STS. You can run in H-Stock FUN class and see if you like the experience. Where else can you open up the Fit and find out how you and it handle being fast and precise without endangering someone or yourself? I managed to spin mine in Candle stick park.. now that is doing something for a FWD.

After all, everyone out there is competition with themselves. We all try and improve our skill sets and we all make dumb mistakes.

Remember to get there in time to register, walk the course and have your car teched for safety. You'll need an approved helmet (can be borrowed).

Or you can just drop in, visit and enjoy the event for a start! Say hi to the old fart driving the 59 car.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Retired Moderator
Who's planning on being out there on sunday?

Tyler

Quick Reply: NorCal Autocross schedule!!!-next weekend good for you guys?!!