View Poll Results: Weekly Meet? Yes or No?
Yes
92.86%
No
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Weekly Meets?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Weekly Meets?

I know many people attend the Monthly meets and was thinking of a possibility of getting weekly meets started. I know Club RSX has weekly meets at the Auto Park Way TapX. So I thought it would be cool to start having weekly meets. So for now just seeing if people are interested in this. Summer is coming along and most of us are out of school and getting a job so we can put more money in to our cars. Nothing is set yet, just seeing what everyone else thinks.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:50 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
im down to do the weekly thing, and soooo down to meet some rsx owners. i love those cars.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:26 AM
im down, cuz if i miss a meet i dont wanna wait a whole month

Old 04-11-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm down. but I'm so far from you guys! Santa Rosa is like 2 hours away from San Jose. But I'll still come down once I get my fit.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
lets have a 707 meet!!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
lets have a 707 meet!!
Haha, sounds good!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NguyenGD
Haha, sounds good!
w00t!! yeah, i know 1legitfit is in the 707 as well.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
w00t!! yeah, i know 1legitfit is in the 707 as well.
What I think we should do is meet up in Novato car sale lot and caravan down to the weekly meets. Or we should all go exploring and find a place in between San Jose and Santa Rosa

Old 04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Seems like we have a good response here for a weekly deal, which is killer!
Location is huge for this, most people dont really wnna drive to far with gas prices as highas they are. Looking where everybody is who posted in this thread, Fremont jumps out again as a definite choice since it seems pretty neutral and even. What do you guys think of that?
Also Day/Time are key so we can try to get as many cars as possible.

Tyler

Old 04-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Seems like we have a good response here for a weekly deal, which is killer!
Location is huge for this, most people dont really wnna drive to far with gas prices as highas they are. Looking where everybody is who posted in this thread, Fremont jumps out again as a definite choice since it seems pretty neutral and even. What do you guys think of that?
Also Day/Time are key so we can try to get as many cars as possible.

Tyler
Well I personally don't care about driving to San Jose to kick it with everyone, but I think after a certain amount of time I'll get lazy and stop going
And as for time and day, I have no idea.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by NguyenGD
Well I personally don't care about driving to San Jose to kick it with everyone, but I think after a certain amount of time I'll get lazy and stop going
And as for time and day, I have no idea.
Yeah i was just thinking about that. Fremont is pretty far south for you. So maybe we could meet in Dublin?
Anybody have any good ideas as far as locations?

Tyler

Old 04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I guess now it the time we start looking for a location. Here what I think is fair for a location. One location is closer north and the other one closer south. We can switch between the location every week or month. For example this week/month we have it at Auto Mall Parkway's Tap X then next week/month we have a meet lets say Hilltop Mall or something. So those who chose not to go to one can go to another. But I know it will get confusing at first. So right now the Big think would be location.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by its.ryu
I guess now it the time we start looking for a location. Here what I think is fair for a location. One location is closer north and the other one closer south. We can switch between the location every week or month. For example this week/month we have it at Auto Mall Parkway's Tap X then next week/month we have a meet lets say Hilltop Mall or something. So those who chose not to go to one can go to another. But I know it will get confusing at first. So right now the Big think would be location.
Yea, like I said. there aren't many of us from 707, so we should do atleast 1 week (out of the month), up here closer to us 707 guys.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:47 PM
any love for the 408? I think it would be cool to meet up weekly >:]

Old 04-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Retired Moderator
See heres the thing. The Bay Area is HUGEEEE. Weekly meets work better if we were a say SF club. We all lived in the city and we could meet somewhere around town close to all. The BA is just too big for weekly IMO. People just dont want to drive all that far every week to hang out. Thats why it will be hard to get going.
If we pick Fremont, it would be somwhat even, but still a pretty good haul for all.

Tyler

Old 04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
agree

You are probably right Tyler. I will try to host a BBQ a couple times this summer for anyone near the SJ area and for those that don't mind a bit of a drive...hooray for warm weather.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Slidelock
any love for the 408? I think it would be cool to meet up weekly >:]
Most of us 408s just go to the Fremont one since its not that far, kinda.

But I don't see why we can do a "San Jose", "Dublin" or "SF" meet where everyone is welcome if they want to go.

Last edited by its.ryu; 04-13-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
id be down to kick it and see everyone's cars. Not much to show off as my car is stock (or well close to it)

Though like others have stated, when getting a weekly meet going, the number of people that show up tends to decrease over time

Old 04-14-2008, 02:04 AM
How far are the 408 guys from SF?

Old 04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
I agree with its.ryu. San jose isnt far from fremont considering that 707 is willing to come to fremont and also hilltop is closer like vallejo so it is only fair to make a trip to their area every so often. also SF isnt too far of a drive for east bay and san jose or even deep east bay like pleasantan. some maybe thinking that oh i dont want to make a long trip for a meet but you wont have too and can caravan to whereever the meet is.

Since i am in sunnyvale i dont mind meeting up with some of the south bay freaks to meet up in sf or even fremont, when i am in the east bay i wont mind meeting up with Its.Ryu for a meet in SF or Hilltop.

Quick Reply: Weekly Meets?