New Fit Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:57 PM
New Fit Owner

Hello all! I'm new around here, and I very recently found these forums. Two weeks ago I became a Fit owner, having traded in my Kia Rondo in favor of a Fit. My reasons include better fuel economy, lower maintenance, and smaller vehicle; but not sacraficing much in packing space. I am a salesman by day, but I also am a freelance artist, as well as classical musician (orchestral percussion - sometimes I am required to haul around sizable equipment). I originally bought the Kia Rondo because of its size, but with gas prices where they're at and rising, it was becoming too expensive.

So I worked the numbers and found that even with the negative equity in the Kia, I would break even in about three years. I would have saved a ton of money if only I had bought the Fit last year like I Almost did, but... lesson learned. At least now I won't lose any MORE money, and I have a more enjoyable car out of it. The Kia had no character, and no aftermarket enthusiast community like the Fit has.

So this is my official introduction! I live in Fremont, CA. I've seen quite a few other Fits on the road, and I'm wondering how many of them are a part of this forum!

Name:  fitdragon.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  71.4 KB

Old 05-25-2008, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forums

Old 05-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Fit Family - good to see another MR Fit on the forum. Glad that you were able to get into the Fit and your going to love this car! Any plans for mods on this Fit?

Cat :x

Old 05-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
Welcome to the Fit Family - good to see another MR Fit on the forum. Glad that you were able to get into the Fit and your going to love this car! Any plans for mods on this Fit?

I already love it. The last two weeks I've been coming up with any excuse to go driving.

I've got a couple of ideas, but right now, I don't want to think about anything expensive until I get a good chunk of my principle loan paid off. But eventually, I plan to replace the speakers, and possibly the head unit (considering the new Pioneer F-series NAV units, they look pretty sweet).

I am also considering an arm rest, possibly a dead pedal, and window tinting. All of these things will come one at a time, I think either the speakers or window tint will come first.

Do you have any favorite mods you can suggest?

Old 05-25-2008, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
welcome to the site!!

as far as mods go, OEM JDM window visors, drop springs, wheels, and black foglight housings. game over dude!!

Old 05-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Yes! Tint is a have to with the MR Fit.

Here is mine:

Of course the Mugen Visors are always a great add on they really are nice when you want to crack your window or it is raining and your going through a drive through!

These were added when I had the Mugen visors put on -

I am really into the appearance items and right now the search is on for some white rims that won't break me! Plus I am pretty sure that I will be adding a front strut bar.

These were a fun add on:

That is the best thing about a Fit you have a ton of options to make it your own. The arm rest and the dead pedal are definitely items that you will be happy to have on your car.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Awesome! I like the window covers, is that on Mugen.com? I'll put those on my wishlist. Dunno about having the logo on the inside door sill though.

I've got some other smaller plans, like designing a sticker or two to afix to the rear window. I definately want to make this Fit my own, even if I won't really own it for a few years *giggles*. But that's the American Dream, right? Buy things with other people's money FTW!

Seriously though, there are some pretty cool mods I've seen done. The scary part is the whole DIY thing. I'd like to have the money to pay someone else to do the labor.

Last edited by FITDragon; 05-25-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Welcome aboard man!
Congratz on the new ride, looks nice! I hope to see you at a meet soon!

Tyler

Old 05-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Welcome aboard man!
Congratz on the new ride, looks nice! I hope to see you at a meet soon!

Tyler

Thanks!
Is there an easy way to keep track of meets, like a calendar or something?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
welcome! MR FTW! hah

As far as mods i also only did stuff that improved my comfort first, tint, dead pedal, arm rest. After that was the pretty stuff =D, led tail lights, HID head lights, OEM door sills, etc.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by Special
welcome! MR FTW! hah

As far as mods i also only did stuff that improved my comfort first, tint, dead pedal, arm rest. After that was the pretty stuff =D, led tail lights, HID head lights, OEM door sills, etc.
That's my plan as well. The pretty stuff for the outside will come later... first, personal comfort. Hehe.

BTW, funny thing today, I've had two people in the space of about two hours at different locations A: ask me if it was a hybrid, and B: thought it was "cute".

Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Dvz
welcome! new FIT owner myself.
I so wanted the MR Fit also!

But, didnt really want to wait 3 months for it to arrive, so I settled for the Blue that was already on the lot. Im still happy with it, but I still wish sometimes for the red one. Esp. after seeing so many blue ones here in SF.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by Dvz
welcome! new FIT owner myself.
I so wanted the MR Fit also!

But, didnt really want to wait 3 months for it to arrive, so I settled for the Blue that was already on the lot. Im still happy with it, but I still wish sometimes for the red one. Esp. after seeing so many blue ones here in SF.
3 months? Are they back-ordered or something? Damn! The dealer here in Fremont had two on the lot: one 2007, and one 08. I thought the 07 might be a good deal, but they were selling it for the same price as the 08, so the choice was obvious! They had a blue one too, which does look pretty sharp, but even though the red is not metallic (my favorite), it's close enough, and I love it!

Thanks for the reply! So nice to find folks appreciative of their cars.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Welcom to the forums. mugen window visors are great try King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc., for the dead pedal and arm rest Zeta Products, Inc. and to look for local Fit meets go to the forums on this site and scroll down to AMERICA-west: california-bay area. good luck on the goodies

Old 05-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Smile

Welcome to the forum, & congrats on your great taste in transportation & color!! MR Fits FTW!!

~Rob

Old 06-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by gofastredfit

Welcome to the forum, & congrats on your great taste in transportation & color!! MR Fits FTW!!

~Rob
Thank you!
And allow me to mention how cool I think your checkered front bumper is. Really looks sharp