5 Year Member
sold: GE projector headlights LED angel eyes - $110

sold

please click here for all the info.

03 halo LED DRL by nes☆, on Flickr

Last edited by neil patrick harris; 06-09-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: sold
Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
What's your take on the lens from these headlights? How do they look at night, and are those leds and angel eyes really bright? How's the cutoff? Got any pics of them on your car?

Not gonna get these, but I've wondered how these look, and how the quality is like.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
i'm just going to cut and paste what i wrote about them in another thread. i hope it helps.

Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
i was using the second ones linked for 2 weeks while i was working on retrofitting my stock headlights. they're for sale now.

some thoughts...
1. the fitment wasn't as bad as i thought they would be. the top tabs definitely don't line up w/ the mounting point on the top of the fender. i used zipties to secure it and for the most part, they did not budge.
2. it was my first time firing up the LEDs and angel eyes just for the ad i posted. man, are they bright! i'd say they're close to the brightness of audi LEDs.
3. the plastic used for the rear of the housing is definitely a bit more brittle and not as flexible as our OEM lights.
4. the hole to fit our stock turn signals is too small for the "head" of our stock turn bulb. you'll need to find a bulb that fits into the hole.

i cannot comment on the output since they were used for just the last 2 weeks and the sun goes down quite late these days. i probably turned the lows on for a total of 20 minutes and that was during dusk so it was not dark enough to judge the output.

there is a sticker on the housing itself that states that it is not to be used w/ HID. it's probably a disclaimer since HIDs do run quite hot.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
and about the lenses, i can't really comment because there's no way to tell how they'll age in the california sun unless you've had them for a while. they don't seem to scratch easily or anything, then again, i've never washed them and i left the plastic film on them during the install and just took that film off when it was fully mounted on the car. and i don't have any pics of them on the car, i wish i took at least a few snapshots. i quite like the way they look minus the angel eyes.