just wondering...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Arrow just wondering...

I was just wondering if our little cars had a hard time climbing the hills over there in S.F. because I was thinking about taking a trip out there with some friends but didn't want to strain the engine. I know that with 2 people in the car, i should be fine, but what about a full car?

thanks in advance,
James

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 10-04-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
so no one has driven their cars out there?

Old 10-21-2006, 06:02 PM
ill let you know once i get my fit, but it shouldnt be that bad, SF doesnt really have that many hills, unless youre gonna do the touristy thing like the ones on lombard st twisties, shouldnt be a problem to get around in the fit, my civic gets around no problem and it only has 90hp

Old 10-21-2006, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UprisinFit
ill let you know once i get my fit, but it shouldnt be that bad, SF doesnt really have that many hills, unless youre gonna do the touristy thing like the ones on lombard st twisties, shouldnt be a problem to get around in the fit, my civic gets around no problem and it only has 90hp
OK THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. KEEP ME POSTED ON HOW IT IS DRIVIN AROUND SF IN YOUR FIT WHEN YOU GET IT... HOPEFULLY NOT TOO LONG HAHA.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:30 PM
hopefully.... just waiting for the right one to come along

Old 10-23-2006, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
I was just in SF last week with 4 other people in the car, it handled the hills pretty well. It strains going up some of the steeper one, but it gets up and over with no problems. Noisy as hell tho.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kgb4187
I was just in SF last week with 4 other people in the car, it handled the hills pretty well. It strains going up some of the steeper one, but it gets up and over with no problems. Noisy as hell tho.
nice to know our little guys can get around over there, but since we have to rev high to get up the hills, it's gonna suck for me cause I have a spoon exhaust that's already kinda lound on the free way.

thanks for the input

Old 10-27-2006, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Yup, it's pretty loud on those hills (and in general), especially when someone in front of you can't drive up Fell St. Parallel parking can be a b**** on those hills though, well for those of us with MT. I'd say the hills aren't any worse in our cars than on another, just listen to the engine and take it easy w/a heavier load. Good luck finding parking though!

Old 10-27-2006, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Alot Man

Old 11-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Banned
Hi James-
I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains just South of San Jose. To get anywhere from my Boulder Creek residence requires from 12 to 18 miles of two-lane, twists and turns and ups and downs. It gets hot here in the summer, but not the kind of hot that you are used to in Phoenix. My Fit has absolutely NO PROBLEMS with regard to lack of power either in mountain driving or freeway on flat land. Using the air conditioning makes no noticeable difference in power. I do have to say that I have not had the opportunity to drive it with any more than one passenger yet. Bring your Fit out here- you will enjoy the difference in scenery and may/may not enjoy the difference in road conditions.
Manxman

Old 11-12-2006, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by manxman
Hi James-
I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains just South of San Jose. To get anywhere from my Boulder Creek residence requires from 12 to 18 miles of two-lane, twists and turns and ups and downs. It gets hot here in the summer, but not the kind of hot that you are used to in Phoenix. My Fit has absolutely NO PROBLEMS with regard to lack of power either in mountain driving or freeway on flat land. Using the air conditioning makes no noticeable difference in power. I do have to say that I have not had the opportunity to drive it with any more than one passenger yet. Bring your Fit out here- you will enjoy the difference in scenery and may/may not enjoy the difference in road conditions.
Manxman
hmm, i'm actully used to the scenery and the freeway dringing out "there" cause I live out "there". haha. I live in Cerritos, right off the 91 freeway, which is only about 30 minutes or so from you. haha thanks for the info though.

we should have a meet some time. i'm going to a meet in here Cerritos on monday night, hit me up if you'd be interested.