Lets keep it Alive!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
dude, i want to re do my headliner

my only issues are 1. removing the a-pillars and 2. the right pattern to choose.
yeah, i still haven't found where the clips are and i bet it won't be easy prying them off w/out damaging or dimpling anything

i can't find it online, but i bought some fabric similar to this from a local shop

except instead of the black negative space, it's white. i had bed sheets similar to this when i was a kid
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
I used to have Hawk HPS pads on my DB8. They were ok for daily driving, but sucked ass at the track. So I switched to the Project Mu HC+ pads. Oh mai gads doods... They are a paking amasing mayn! They hab a burry haard biiite! Like a Jaws...
whao! mast hab bein ah hard biite, es shhaaarp lyke ah ensaisor

i probably will never track my GD, so i think i'll be ok with HPS pads... plus they're a fraction of the cost of project Mu pads
No problem man. I'll just get a can and paint my wiper arms too while I'm at it.
get some JDM black paint doods
Originally Posted by _pril <3 her fit
dang, thats huge!! (that's wat she said?) im not a big fan of big screens. im happy with a 14
hahahahhaha! i knew we would break you eventually...
oooh im sorrie dang... i didnt tink bout that.. hmm yur right, yu can be my older brother kay charlie, yur my older brother from now on
kuya charlie? hahaha no thanks, i'll be an older brother to you but just please don't call me kuya
morning morning morning
morning!

Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by chaaree
hahahahhaha! i knew we would break you eventually...

kuya charlie? hahaha no thanks, i'll be an older brother to you but just please don't call me kuya

morning!
well, i thought i should just say it, before anyone else does!! ahh!!! :P hmm kuya? naw.. cant call yu that.. hahah >.< thats just too weird. i only call 2 people that & its my real close cousins...

ooh ohh.. MORNING

Old 11-26-2008, 01:06 PM
ooh its officially hump day

sings:

But I ain't got
The patience to wait
And I think
It's time that I
Lose control
Lose control
And in my mind
I'm sexual
Sexual

kay.. gotta get ready now bye guys...

Old 11-26-2008, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
well, i thought i should just say it, before anyone else does!! ahh!!! :P hmm kuya? naw.. cant call yu that.. hahah >.< thats just too weird. i only call 2 people that & its my real close cousins...

ooh ohh.. MORNING
hahah told you, it's weird
ooh its officially hump day

sings:

But I ain't got
The patience to wait
And I think
It's time that I
Lose control
Lose control
And in my mind
I'm sexual
Sexual

kay.. gotta get ready now bye guys...
magic mic session?

yay, i'm off in an hour and 20 mins.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Do GD3s have a beeping noise you use the e-brake while driving? GE8s do. I freaked out a little wondering what the hell was happening. Beeping noises are non-existent on the DB8. Only when I'm not wearing a seat belt.

* I always wear a seat belt.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Do GD3s have a beeping noise you use the e-brake while driving? GE8s do. I freaked out a little wondering what the hell was happening. Beeping noises are non-existent on the DB8. Only when I'm not wearing a seat belt.

* I always wear a seat belt.
yea it does matt

Old 11-26-2008, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azncarbos
ooh why do you leave so early!! It take me 20 min to get to San Juan once I'm on the Fwy.....Maybe while back....do you exit Lake Forest?
Yes I do..

Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lidoshorty02
yea it does matt
Thanks man. I was just wondering.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
yeah the Fit seriously needs upgraded brakes and tires. Worse stopping distance than my dad's acura MDX suv. I really hate braking in this car, I've ran a few reds because if I tried to stop I would be in the middle of the intersection. Shittiest brakes I've ever seen in my life. Need. Brembo's. ASAP.
your car can only stop as well as your tires - especially in non-racing situations. OEM brakes/pad setup can clearly lock up the OE tires...so until you get tires that will not go beyond the threashold of braking traction...then don't talk about BBK or even upgrading pads.

BBk's and pads/rotor upgrades are only good for high heat situations or of course when you get sticky tires that are better than the OE brakes.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nodrogkam
your car can only stop as well as your tires - especially in non-racing situations. OEM brakes/pad setup can clearly lock up the OE tires...so until you get tires that will not go beyond the threashold of braking traction...then don't talk about BBK or even upgrading pads.

BBk's and pads/rotor upgrades are only good for high heat situations or of course when you get sticky tires that are better than the OE brakes.
tranced is right, to some degree. the stock pads fade quick, especially during a lot of downhill stops. maybe i'm reading into his post too much, but i think that's part of what he was talking about.

morning gordon

Old 11-26-2008, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member

Yes, as my friend/tuner told me. The key to stopping is your tires. Sticker the tire, the faster you'll stop. Wonder why I daily drive with RT-615s...

Old 11-26-2008, 01:56 PM
tranced is right, to some degree. the stock pads fade quick, especially during a lot of downhill stops. maybe i'm reading into his post too much, but i think that's part of what he was talking about.

morning gordon
Fit + 500 lbs = crappy braking distance.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Almost lunch time.....

Old 11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToFit2Quit
Fit + 500 lbs = crappy braking distance.
that's around the same amount of weight i was carrying during my brake-fade story too

i was on my way to Malibu with a Fit load of friends, beach gear, and a cooler full of drinks and food. scary shit especially when douche bags in their mercedes, bmws, and ferraris jump ahead of you and decrease your brake-cushion

Old 11-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
snacking on cheetos right now. bought 3 bottles of 1.75ml Parrot Bay

Old 11-26-2008, 02:09 PM

morning gordon

Good morning Charlie.
yes the OE pads on the Fit do fade quickly, and if you do live/drive constantly in mountain areas then an upgrade of the pads and maybe even rotors would be good for you. But like i stated, for the average joe, normal daily driving, its not necessary...cos honestly, how many panic pedal to the floor type of stops are you going to make in a period of 5 or 10 minutes? haha

Yes, as my friend/tuner told me. The key to stopping is your tires. Sticker the tire, the faster you'll stop. Wonder why I daily drive with RT-615s...
The RT-615's have surprisingly long life even though the ratings for treadwear are pretty low. I have a friend with a sentra who have been driving on those for a while and even 2 track days...still looks like its got a decent amount of tread. although i heard they are a nightmare in the rain when tread gets below 50%. and i guess it doesnt take a genius to figure out why once you see the tread pattern. haha

Old 11-26-2008, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Good morning Charlie.
yes the OE pads on the Fit do fade quickly, and if you do live/drive constantly in mountain areas then an upgrade of the pads and maybe even rotors would be good for you. But like i stated, for the average joe, normal daily driving, its not necessary...cos honestly, how many panic pedal to the floor type of stops are you going to make in a period of 5 or 10 minutes? haha
aww damn, i forgot to also say that i agreed with your last post post - this one as well

i'm getting both my pads and new wheels together, i just don't know when or where i'll find the money LoL.... i'm hoping for a GENEROUS christmas bonus this year **fingers crossed**

here's a noob question for everyone.. since my suspension is nearly 100% stiffer than the factory ride, would it put any extra stress on the motor mounts
::EDIT::
when i'm in traffic juggling 1st gear, i do feel the extra forward and backward shaking in the engine bay -- wondering if this could damage anything

if so, what can i buy to address the extra wear & tear? i was thinking of buying an ETD to help stop some of the shaking but i'm not exactly sure if that'll help much.

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 11-26-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
The RT-615's have surprisingly long life even though the ratings for treadwear are pretty low. I have a friend with a sentra who have been driving on those for a while and even 2 track days...still looks like its got a decent amount of tread. although i heard they are a nightmare in the rain when tread gets below 50%. and i guess it doesnt take a genius to figure out why once you see the tread pattern. haha
I've had my RT-615s for about 20K miles now. Still has a bit of tread on them. I'm planning on getting a set of R1Rs after I finish the RT-615s.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
aww damn, i forgot to also say that i agreed with your last post post - this one as well

i'm getting both my pads and new wheels together, i just don't know when or where i'll find the money LoL.... i'm hoping for a GENEROUS christmas bonus this year **fingers crossed**

here's a noob question for everyone.. since my suspension is nearly 100% stiffer than the factory ride, would it put any extra stress on the motor mounts

if so, what can i buy to address the extra wear & tear? i was thinking of buying an ETD to help stop some of the shaking but i'm not exactly sure if that'll help much.
Motor mount inserts or a engine torque damper will help reduce engine vibration. I'm not sure who makes them though. Lol!

Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Motor mount inserts or a engine torque damper will help reduce engine vibration. I'm not sure who makes them though. Lol!
haha, i thought so. i think NRG makes an engine torque damper (ETD). i know spoon does, but it's almost $300.00

i'm sure the spoon ETD is worth the investment, but i'm sure that's a race spec ETD and i just need a street version

Quick Reply: Lets keep it Alive!!!!