How many Fits per Dealer???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:56 PM
How many Fits per Dealer???

My Honda dealer here in BC tells me that dealers are going to get only 3 or 4 Fits per month for the first 4 or 5 months!! There's gonna be some battles between dealers for inventory!

Anyone else heard anything about prices, colours, etc??

Based on the pics from the Montreal Auto Show, it looks like there's black, red, blue, silver and orange.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:22 PM
I heard there will be 20 arriving for Richmond Honda for sure.I'll be getting my Storm Silver.hehehe

Old 03-21-2006, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rockfit
My Honda dealer here in BC tells me that dealers are going to get only 3 or 4 Fits per month for the first 4 or 5 months!! There's gonna be some battles between dealers for inventory!

Anyone else heard anything about prices, colours, etc??

Based on the pics from the Montreal Auto Show, it looks like there's black, red, blue, silver and orange.
My local dealer said the number they get is based on the volume of similar (Civic, S2000) vehicles sold this past year. Some dealers will only get a few at the introductory phase. Other small cars are jumping into the mix now that the U.S. gas prices are soaring. I have a hunch that those who are willing and able to wait awhile may get a better deal on the Fit -- 6 months to a year from now (especially since the hybrid Fit will be out next year).

Old 03-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Considering the targeted sales numbers for the Fit, they will definitely be getting more than 3-4 Fits per dealership per month. This is no S2000.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:12 AM
Former Vendor
That's what I heard and the first patch that are coming are all SOLD !

Old 03-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Calgary dealers?

Anyone know when the Calgary dealers will be getting the Fit?

Old 03-24-2006, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Number of Fits on the way

A salesperson at a local dealer told me the total number of Fits that will arrive in the U.S. in April will only be 30,000. He did not know when the next shipment after that will arrive, or how many. I have no idea how many Honda dealers there are in the country, but it appears that the dealers who get any will only get 3-4 each. Dealers don't have to bother taking deposits -- it's a sellers' market. Personally I think the short supply is a mistake on Honda's part. They will lose potential sales to people who have been excited to buy one, but will miss out and be disappointed and upset, and those who really need to replace their cars and can't wait, or those who are simply getting fed up with the wait. That will most likely mean sales of alternatives like Scions, the Matrix, or larger wagons and small SUVs (e.g. Subaru), used or new. Many of us need more versatility than a sedan. Based on what I'm reading on the forums, some people are already considering waiting for the Fit hybrid, which is only a year away. If the wait for the 2007 Fit extends a few more months, why not wait a little longer? I've been a Honda loyalist for many years, became disenchanted when the company discontinued Civic and Accord wagons (I've had both), got excited again when I checked out all their hype about the Fit, and now I'm irritated with them. My Accord wagon gave out and I don't want to take a chance on "maybe" getting a Fit after waiting another month to replace it. I'm fuming, can you tell?

Old 03-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Uhh, 30,000 units is for the first year, not the first month. Many people are going to walk into the dealeship looking to buy a Fit, and drive away in a Civic. I'm not worried.