next shipment from Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 05:42 PM
next shipment from Japan?

Anyone get a date on the next shipment from Japan? I heard that they are coming in sometime in July.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Even the current shipment isn't fully in yet >

It should be early July, but at this point, I wouldn't believe anything they say. After all, I was supposed to receive my car during the 3rd/4th week of May.... which is last week or this week (which is nearly ending)

Old 05-25-2006, 06:58 PM
^^ i hear ya... i'm going to actually call my salesman (again) right now...
this waiting is killing me...

Old 05-25-2006, 07:57 PM
SO!? did you hear anything Kennyt? mine will be commin' in at the same time. hoping for good news.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Black Sport AT in at Carter Honda today, just received a call, but since I was looking for an Alabaster Silver... maybe even settle for a Storm Silver.

At least I know I'm next in line. And it's more of a trickle than a flood. They seem to get like a few cars each time, it's not one big batch of cars.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Master FitFreaker
it's taking forever

Old 05-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by cdnrsx
SO!? did you hear anything Kennyt? mine will be commin' in at the same time. hoping for good news.
Welps, sounds like my salesman is consistent with what you folks are being told. Mine won't be here til beginning of June now...
I told him it was kinda ridiculous to be told the car will be here in May but have to wait til June.

Apparently Sport 5spds are too high in demand - for every 20 autos made there are only 5 manuals made? (that's the schpeel he gave me)..
I'm just going to hound him every week.

Customer service really goes out the window after you put down ur deposit...

Old 05-26-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm having that problem too with my car. I ordered it on the 20th of April and because it is a standard, it appears I am going to have to wait until July before I get it. My dealer is a high volume dealer and even they were only able to get 1 standard fit allocated to their dealership for the month of June.

I naturally complained, I mean I don't think anyone ever expects to wait two months for a car, expecially a b car. In the end I decided to keep waiting for a few reasons, I got a really good deal on the car, at over $400 off MSRP. I will receieve the car in July so I get to take off 1% for the GST on the car.

I did get all weather floor mats thrown in after I gave them a call to protest the wait. In the end I'm sure I'll be happy but the wait is just killing me.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crimsona
Black Sport AT in at Carter Honda today, just received a call, but since I was looking for an Alabaster Silver... maybe even settle for a Storm Silver.

At least I know I'm next in line. And it's more of a trickle than a flood. They seem to get like a few cars each time, it's not one big batch of cars.
So that black Sport was the LAST of the May batch. Holy hell I'm stuck into July with the rest of you. If it doesn't arrive in July, I might very well buy a Versa.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
My dealer has a waiting list for manuals. Lucky for me I walked in and ordered mine in April. They can get automatics, but manuals are a hidden jem.

I have a feeling the manual Fits, especially the Sports, are going to have a wicked resale value!!

Old 05-27-2006, 02:00 AM
damn right they'll have a resale value.
Honda isn't allocating that many manuals to us at all - in the end they F'd up major in their market research and didn't anticipate that the manual had such high demand

Old 05-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by kennyt
damn right they'll have a resale value.
Honda isn't allocating that many manuals to us at all - in the end they F'd up major in their market research and didn't anticipate that the manual had such high demand
Uhh !! NOT !!!, I dont think so.Manuals are cheaper btw!! than the AT's.Thats the only reason why.Fot the stuff other peep do inside while driving??It's fitting to have AT.....coffee,smoking ( not that i am ) selecting and playing cds,talking on the cell etc,etc......AT it is.

BOM in 3 weeks time......

Cheers !!!

Old 05-27-2006, 08:11 AM
AT's are lame. MT the only way to go for me. It is a good thing for this forum or i would not have ordered till july. Instead i ordered in april and will be getting it in July. Karma

Old 05-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by cdnrsx
AT's are lame. MT the only way to go for me. It is a good thing for this forum or i would not have ordered till july. Instead i ordered in april and will be getting it in July. Karma
yea it's lame but wat I can I do?? wait for 3 months or get my auto now?? oh well it's not gonna be my only car so it's ok I be happy with auto or manual cuz it's gonna push the same HP

Old 05-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by fitIN
Uhh !! NOT !!!, I dont think so.Manuals are cheaper btw!! than the AT's.Thats the only reason why.Fot the stuff other peep do inside while driving??It's fitting to have AT.....coffee,smoking ( not that i am ) selecting and playing cds,talking on the cell etc,etc......AT it is.

BOM in 3 weeks time......

Cheers !!!
I didn't really understand the first part of your comment.
However I do agree about the practicality of having an AT. I have driven ATs for the last 4 years - I've gotten sick of it.
However, I think you can still select music, talk on cell and drink coffee in an MT too - you just gotta learn to do it properly.
you shouldn't be talking on the cell in the first place - if you do, buy a headset. that's what I do on my drive to and from work. As for coffee, I drink my first cup in the morning while reading the paper or eating breakfast, and then have another cup at work.
And who needs to select music... just use your mp3 player and select a playlist

Old 05-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by fitIN
Uhh !! NOT !!!, I dont think so.Manuals are cheaper btw!!
Ever hear of the term supply and demand? If the demand is higher than the supply, the price goes up.

There's already a waiting list for manual Fits. That means the supply is lower than the demand. This will push the resale value of the manual Fits higher than the automatics, even if the automatics cost more to purchase initially.

Those with manual Fit Sports are going to be in an even better position come resale time.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:43 PM
VIN Numbers?

How do you get your VIN number if your FIT as not come in?

Old 05-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by 604FIT
How do you get your VIN number if your FIT as not come in?
dealership tell us the vin for the next shipment but not the date

Old 05-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Once the cars have been built, Honda informs the dealer of the VIN.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:53 PM
My Dealer called me on Monday and told me the Vin # JHM3243FDF3434 something like that. He aslo said I will get the Fit between June 1 to June 5.
Hope he is right.

Quick Reply: next shipment from Japan?