Overfilled oil issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 03:07 AM
Overfilled oil issue

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Certified Used Honda Fit 2015. From an out of town Honda dealer, about 150 kms Highway from away.
Drove at least 200 kms Highway driving always hyper miling, until eventually refueling at 440 kms. I felt it was way too soon. Also felt like I should have stuck with a second generation.
Before, I used to have a 2009 Honda Fit that I can can hyper mile City driving and get around the same distance.

After another week, Feeling frustrated with the fuel economy, I decide to check the engine cold in the morning. Air filter, it looked okay. Checked the Oil level and was shocked. It was way past the second hole, to over a quarter to have an inch on the metal of the dipstick. I bend my head down then see that the coolant resevor is practically empty. Felt really mad because I bought is from the same factory dealer of the car, that should mean I shouldn't need to check anything.

I wasn't sure of what to do. It was Friday, the Honda dealerships close around 5 pm and they usually want you to make an appointment. I also had plans that I couldn't cancel. So, I decided to take some oil out. But didn't take enough out a couple of times. Then had no choice changed the oil with Pennzoil 0w 20. Also changed Oil filter for another Honda Oil filter, because I felt I couldn't trust if it was done. The oil color was decent, but contained a very lot of grit almost like sand. Also filled resevor, with Honda premixed coolant.

Still not improving in fuel economy, I disconnected the battery for more than ten minutes. It seemed to be a little better, but still not what it could be.

I emailed the Honda dealership of the Serious issue, but of course they deny it. Told me to bring it in.

The fuel economy only starts becoming decent after driving it more than 40 minutes. Noticed coolant level is dropping, but no leaks seen.

Has a Honda warranty, I want to bring it to a local Honda dealership. Not sure if I should tell them the truth about the Overfilled Oil, I am afraid they might void the warranty. Because it isn't a factory problem.
Also should I change the Oil to Honda's Oil, a week before going for Honda service ?

Or should I just tell them that there is continuous coolant loss, but see no leaks. Afraid they may charge me more than a few hours of labor, and just recommending to change the coolant, adding more to the bill.
Also worried if it is the head gasket and internal engine components. Not sure what would the warranty covers.

Please can anyone give me some advice.

Thanks in advance and All the Best wishes to you.