Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Hot Import Nights '08 - Elmont, NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM
RDS
Originally Posted by leonine
since you have been to HIN before could you please elaborate on this. why do we need to roll in the night before. does that mean that we have to keep our cars there overnight? also i read somewhere that noone is allowed in with more than an 1/8 of a tank of gas. is that correct? if so why?
Everybody gets there spaces and positions their cars where they want them. You wouldn't believe how long it can set up a booth, like ours. we have like 5 cars to set up and if you have props and mirrors and things (they award for best display too), it can take awhile. Plus it gives you time to figure out if you need electricity or not. You definitely want to get as much visibility as you can, especially if you're not with a group of people. So yeah, your car is there overnight. The security at the convention centers is usually pretty tight though.

And yes, no more than 1/8th tank of gas because of gas fumes. If everyone in an enclosed building was breathing full tanks of gas, we'd all pass out. lol

Last edited by RDS; 04-20-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
does getting there the night before apply to people with booths only (obviously because you have to set up the booth) or for everyone. i was under the impression that for people like myself that are just entering a car that we could roll up an hour or two before the show and be admitted.

Where do you sleep...at the arena or are you not allowed? that really puts the kaibosh on my plans for entering.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:16 PM
RDS
Honestly, I dunno. Give them a call. (949)789-7439 I'm looking at the registration .pdf and it says "exhibitor move-in is Thursday and Friday". But I'm looking at Boston's so another place me bit a bit different. I usually stay with family or friends or a hotel near the convention center. None of the HINs are scheduled near me.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the number i will do that.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
HIN registration is now open for Elmont. just registered for the show.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
HIN registration is now open for Elmont. just registered for the show.
SWEET! what do you guys think should i register???
By that time I will have-
KWSC FTMFW!!!, headers, test pipe, catback, whatever rims i decide to get very soon, tanabe f/r struts, Kenwood DDX512 with a 4000W sub that goes BOOM!, AJR triple gauge pod w/ AF, boost, & oil pres., 5% tint all around, tinted head and tail lights, i forget what else lol...

I know its humble compared to your's leonine, but 2 KW fits side by side would be pretty DAM sick, u gotta admit...
should I?

EDIT: for "club affiliation", what did you put, FitFreak, NEFC?

Last edited by REXXXXXXXXX; 05-05-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
look at you man... rolling i wish i could enter but my car has nothing to show...

Old 05-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Same Here..i Wish The Kwsc Was Out Then We Could Have Two Mt Fits With It And One At :d

Old 05-05-2008, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
SWEET! what do you guys think should i register???
By that time I will have-
KWSC FTMFW!!!, headers, test pipe, catback, whatever rims i decide to get very soon, tanabe f/r struts, Kenwood DDX512 with a 4000W sub that goes BOOM!, AJR triple gauge pod w/ AF, boost, & oil pres., 5% tint all around, tinted head and tail lights, i forget what else lol...

I know its humble compared to your's leonine, but 2 KW fits side by side would be pretty DAM sick, u gotta admit...
should I?

EDIT: for "club affiliation", what did you put, FitFreak, NEFC?
you should definately register bro! we would have to get there together to see if we could set up next to each other. so many questions i am trying to get a hold of someone there but no luck yet. i want to get electrical so i can bring some stuff for detailing/entertainment. we have to get there friday around 2-3pm. i might have a place to stay otherwise i will be looking at hotels and cab fare.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
Same Here..i Wish The Kwsc Was Out Then We Could Have Two Mt Fits With It And One At :d
2 AT's, leonine and you...

Old 05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
you should definately register bro! we would have to get there together to see if we could set up next to each other. so many questions i am trying to get a hold of someone there but no luck yet. i want to get electrical so i can bring some stuff for detailing/entertainment. we have to get there friday around 2-3pm. i might have a place to stay otherwise i will be looking at hotels and cab fare.
But i have hardly any exterior mods! You can enter with JUST that hood if you wanted! I mean, i'll have rims by then, but thats IT. I wouldn't consider my knock-off window visors and hood deflector to be "show quality"... Anyway, we'll seeee. I'm definitely going, and I can't wait! Keep me updated as you make plans, like where ur stayin, so i can budget accordingly. 2 months 2 go

Old 05-05-2008, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
they have different categories for judging. from stock to jdm, mild mods, extreme mods. cars are put into their appropriate category based on the number/type of mods.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
if you don't enter you'll miss the pre event parties with all the models

Old 05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
they have different categories for judging. from stock to jdm, mild mods, extreme mods. cars are put into their appropriate category based on the number/type of mods.
Eh, might as well. should prbably do it soon too, seeing that spots probably fill up in no time at all...
great, more $ i gotta spend.. i believe im in the $6K+ club now lol

Old 05-05-2008, 07:56 PM
holy ish 6k club grr mr. baller you are..lol im like at the 1k mark..lol..when ever preorders for AT's KWSC starts ill be in the 5k mark...lol

Old 05-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
2 AT's, leonine and you...
you LEONINE you are AT nice man..nice...AT's all the way..lol we just need some boost and we should be alright

Old 05-05-2008, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
i got a mini project going on for my self Project OEM... hopefully it will turn out good

Old 05-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I've made my decision...

I like models
if you don't enter you'll miss the pre event parties with all the models

Old 05-07-2008, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
just got this response from HIN with regards to registration if anyone is interested:

1. Please ensure your vehicle meets the ‘Minimal Requirements for Competition’
  • Vehicles must be in a completed show quality status. Mandatory aftermarket wheels and lowering suspension, along with 5 other modifications.
  • Show management reserves the right to extract a vehicle for any reason off the show floor.

2. Log onto www.hotimportnights.com/events and select the ‘Register Car’ or ‘Register Bike’ tab in the ‘Hot Import Nights’ or ‘Night Shift’ event you would like to attend. This tab will take you to a new page for registrations.
  • If the link is not present then the event may be SOLD OUT.
  • In the event of a Sold Out show, you can still have the opportunity to show if you send in 1-3 pictures of your vehicle to cars@hinevents.com
(the following info is required in this email: 1-3 pictures, Full name, Contact info, and which event you are trying to get in)

3. Proceed to fill out online registration form
  • Each Car Registration purchase will automatically include 2 wrist band passes for you and a passenger to enter into the show.
  • Wrist bands will be available at Registration booth on the day of roll in.

4. Once registration is complete you will be provided with a Transaction ID # for your records and an email will be sent to the email provided. Please make sure our emails are not sent to Junk folders. Be sure to check inbox and spam boxes.

5. Show Car Roll In for competitors will take place on Friday, the day before the event. Roll in is usually between the hours of 2 pm – 7 pm. Please make plans to ensure you will be able to make it to the venue in time.
  • If you are unable to make it during the allowed time please contact us at cars@hinevents.com 2 weeks in advance. We will do our best to accommodate.

6. On the day of Roll In you will pick up your competition package, dock pass, and roll out procedures. Please make sure these forms are clearly displayed on your windshield at all times. Your wristbands will also be given to you at the CAR REGISTRATION BOOTH located at the marshalling yards / parking lot.
  • Make sure you have your confirmation letter, transaction ID#, and / or photo ID.

7. Various venues usually have strict guidelines regarding fuel regulations, so please make sure you are familiar with the event details to ensure you are cleared for entry into the venue. It is safe to assume you must have less than 1/8 tank.

8. Show Car parking will be based on a first come first serve unless coordinated in advance with HIN Management in a timely fashion. Onsite staff will have ultimate decision on vehicle placement.

9. Once the vehicle is staged competitors MUST disconnect car batteries and comply with Fire Marshals rules.
  • Please familiarize yourself with ‘Dock Pass Procedures’
  • Power can be purchased thru the venue via the Exhibitor info page.

10. Your cars will be fully secured; you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

11. Once all spectators have exited the building you may begin to Roll Out.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
COOL! thanks 4 the info!
I wan't planning on lowering cuz of the road conditions here. i wanted to keep stock height. That leaves me no other option than.... SKUNK2 PRO-C'S!!! Thats just one more excuse to spend a ridiculous amount of money on my car

Quick Reply: Hot Import Nights '08 - Elmont, NY