Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Test your fit skills @ cfrc every friday night, presented by kami speed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Exclamation Test your fit skills @ cfrc every friday night, presented by kami speed!!

CROOKED DRAGS presented by Kami Speed
Every Friday 5pm-11pm
$25 entry
$5 spectator

CrookedDrags.jpg?t=1236031249
[Short Description: This will be a race competition between two cars. Two cars will start from the middle, race upwards and then turn opposite from each other and finish by passing each other in the middle. Whoever crosses the middle line first, will win. All cars will be timed and flagged automatically by a timer.

Event Begins at 5:00 PM, first 75 cars to register will be able to run, ends at 11 PM with line closing at 10:30. $25 entry fee ($30 if Waiver Form not downloaded and completed ready to sign at entry gate), minimum 18 years of age to be admitted to paddock/pit area. Spectators admitted to viewing area for $5, under 6 free.

Concessions will be available.

Drivers will be allowed to make as many runs as time allows. As noted above, line closes at 10:30 to make run before 11.

No alcohol, drugs, firearms, etc. are allowed on the property. Misbehavior will result in expulsion. Security will be on-site.

NO SMOKING, NO GASOLINE CANS, NO REFUELING, NO RADIO PLAYING inside the track, pit or paddock. Drivers shall roll down all windows while waiting in line or while competing. HELMETS ARE OPTIONAL AT THE DRIVER'S DISCRETION.

Drivers/vehicles may be removed for reckless and/or dangerous driving, possession of banned items, aggressive behavior, etc. at the sole discretion of the event manager "for cause"

Vehicles will be inspected and will be allowed to participate after passing inspection and receiving/displaying decal that is provided. Tires shall be properly inflated and show tread above the wear bar, wheels shall have no bends and have all lugs/lug nuts in place and lug nuts tight, drivetrain shall have no leaks, battery shall be tightly secured, no loose items in passenger compartment, driver's floor mat removed and placed in trunk, lap belt/shoulder belt in good condition and secure, no loose panels, no excessive engine/exhaust smoke, maintained appearance of the car. If there are any questions, the tech inspectors opinion is the FINAL decision. Roll bars are optional for open cars.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions, or concerns; please let me know. We want this to be fun and successful for everyone. {thumbup}{thumbup}

Old 03-06-2009, 04:05 PM
bump!! be there!

Old 03-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Wait.. Fits are slow as hell.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey guys,

So Friday was a killer time. Maybe Because there wasn't many people out there!

I think there is room for improvement.

And we appreciate everyone's opinion. The lighting will be improved by next week, The lighting company didn't make it out on time for the previous event but this week should be different.

I agree with the cones! lol, For someone that spun out himself; lol
Talk to the owner, he said there will be much more improvements soon.

As far as the "timing" Timing, won't happen for another week. They just got passed to use the course for Events, and racing.
But they have to wait 15 days before they are permitted to. When using a Stop watch, Technically it's considered racing, therefore we can't time anyone yet.

Thanks guys for a great time! Glad you had a blast!

Any suggestions would be great! Keep me posted!

Adam

Old 03-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Here is a Video of One of our guys rolling out that night! Not sure if he posted it up yet or not....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...toX_639943.htm

Old 03-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Wait.. Fits are slow as hell.

Trust me bro!! fits have the Advantage out there!!

Old 03-09-2009, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
I'm so on board for this. Just got some new rubber too.
So let me get this straight - I pay $25 as a driver, and can I have a passenger for $5? I watched the video and just want to clarify.
And my fit meets the requirements according to the inspection/tech stuff, so I'm guessing this isn't like auto-x regulations? As long as the car is safe with properly done mods basically?

I'll be out there this Friday 3/13 for sure.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kami Speed
Event Begins at 5:00 PM, first 75 cars to register will be able to run, ends at 11 PM with line closing at 10:30. $25 entry fee ($30 if Waiver Form not downloaded and completed ready to sign at entry gate), minimum 18 years of age to be admitted to paddock/pit area. Spectators admitted to viewing area for $5, under 6 free.

Where do I get the waiver?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
FALCON PUNCH!!
5 Year Member
Hmmm... I may have to hit this up...

Old 03-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Crooked drags, I thought you actually mean drag racing..
Im lost?

Drag AND corners? Or just corners?

Old 03-10-2009, 11:05 AM
All Events Cancled Until WEDNESDAY March 25, 2009
We would like to thank everyone who has supported CFRC with the county. We are waiting on our FINAL STAMP OF APPROVAL on March 24, 2009. As of right now we see no reason that we will not get approved, but we have been advised to put all events on hold until it is final. Thank you & we look forward to seeing you here soon!

The Next FRIDAY event will be MARCH 27th

Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Crooked drags, I thought you actually mean drag racing..
Im lost?

Drag AND corners? Or just corners?

To be honest, not sure why they call it crooked drags...

There are more corners then there is drag.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
I'm so on board for this. Just got some new rubber too.
So let me get this straight - I pay $25 as a driver, and can I have a passenger for $5? I watched the video and just want to clarify.
And my fit meets the requirements according to the inspection/tech stuff, so I'm guessing this isn't like auto-x regulations? As long as the car is safe with properly done mods basically?

I'll be out there this Friday 3/13 for sure.

If you have a passenger, the passenger must pay $25 as well.

Its $5 if you want to sit on the stands.

Correct, As long as you fit the Requirements anyone can run.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Bummer. I pulled strings to get friday free too. Oh well. Guess I'll twiddle my thumbs until the 27th... haha. I will be there when it starts back up fo' sho'!

Old 03-16-2009, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
I'm counting on the 27th! CFRC better get approval!

I'm in the middle of my practical exams and finals as we speak and this is going to be perfect to let loose afterward because my last exam is the afternoon of the 26th!

Old 03-19-2009, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Any updates on the status for this? Still on for the 27th? I've got an STi, MS3, Firebird WS6 and the Fit rolling out there for this!

Old 03-20-2009, 12:18 AM
i would also like to go to this if it is still a go on the 27th.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by markwalter
i would also like to go to this if it is still a go on the 27th.

heck yes. Lets get another florida fit freak tradition going. Let's show those other imports we can hang too ha

Old 03-23-2009, 12:15 AM
aww **** my liiiiife.

i thought the 27th was a sat! i have work friday but i cant member the time, if it is my 8-3 shift i will still go.... sooo hopefully i dont get a *** shift. but ill deff be at the sonic thing over by 408 i suppose. wish it was one closer to me but i mean its what ever, i guess just more time to spend driving the good ohl FIT.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
Hey there's a discrepancy on the website: The calendar says autocross on the 27th, 5pm and the fee is $50, and helmets are required, but the autocross section says crooked drags on the 27th, 5pm, and the fee is $25 & $5 for spectators, and helmets are optional. So what's the scoop here? I don't want to show up unprepared.

Quick Reply: Test your fit skills @ cfrc every friday night, presented by kami speed!!