Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

autoX: Honda Fit vs Scion FR-S!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 PM
what I'm essentially getting at is the Fit isn't that much slower than the FR-S! crazy!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i donno, but with better tires on the Fit, i think it would be faster than the brz/frs.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i donno, but with better tires on the Fit, i think it would be faster than the brz/frs.
That is a TOUGH call... I have several BRZ/FRS in my region and one FRS that is most of the way STX prepped, it really seems to depend on the driver. The owner of the STX prepped FRS is FAST, really really fast.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 PM
The Fit shines at autocross because of it's low gearing.

Go to a road course and it will be a different story.

Jus sayin'.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
That is a TOUGH call... I have several BRZ/FRS in my region and one FRS that is most of the way STX prepped, it really seems to depend on the driver. The owner of the STX prepped FRS is FAST, really really fast.
hummm... ic..

Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
Although... reviewing my last two events... my raw times are within about 1-2 seconds

Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Whoo! I'm not alone!

And of course. This car will be terrible on a road course...it's only got 118hp. Autocross is about momentum and the driver.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hachikid
Whoo! I'm not alone!

And of course. This car will be terrible on a road course...it's only got 118hp. Autocross is about momentum and the driver.
Hahaha... +1, My average speed on course has been rising each event (course design does impact this I know.) Made 32.7mph at my last event, and it wasn't a hi speed course!

Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Whoo! I'm not alone!

Road course is also about momentum and the driver.

Especially if you only have 118hp

I've had a ton of fun on road courses with less than 118hp

Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 PM
blown away how amazing the fit can compared to some other cars

Old 11-19-2012, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I can share some with the class lol Here is a sampling of times from my last two events. First column is raw time and second is PAX indexed:

Name:  Round2index.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  Round3index.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  22.3 KB

I am making a few people scratch there head that's for sure

Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM
OOO dat Caterham raw time Nice times TPC!

Everywhere i've read the Fit is highly capable for auto-X duty, especially STF. GRM even ranked it near the top (2nd place out of 10 or so) on a recent comparo of all B segment cars for STF, both GD and GE. I will say their formulas for ranking were far from scientific but I take their word for it.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
OOO dat Caterham raw time Nice times TPC!

Everywhere i've read the Fit is highly capable for auto-X duty, especially STF. GRM even ranked it near the top (2nd place out of 10 or so) on a recent comparo of all B segment cars for STF, both GD and GE. I will say their formulas for ranking were far from scientific but I take their word for it.
Thanks! That Caterham runs at nationals, and one of its many drivers took a trophy in one of the ladies classes just this past season!

MAN I have been trying to find a copy of that article for weeks!!! Glad to know we're near the top of the heap though Guessing the Fiesta came in top dog since that's what they're building?

Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Actually I don't think the Fiesta came on top, which surprised me when they chose it to build for B spec. IIRC it was the RSX, which shouldn't have even been in there IMO, I'll have to take a look again.

You can have my copy if you don't find it, I have it at home.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Actually I don't think the Fiesta came on top, which surprised me when they chose it to build for B spec. IIRC it was the RSX, which shouldn't have even been in there IMO, I'll have to take a look again.

You can have my copy if you don't find it, I have it at home.
This has been debated a lot, but believe it or not the RSX is NOT a great AutoX car... Gearing, weight and an inability to put the power it makes down on corner exit actually makes it a bit of a lump... I didn't believe it until I saw one running within 3-5 tenths of my raw times at an event, and it was in a higher class with a ton of additional mods! That and the S model adds more weight than the power bump and dif make up for...

I may take you up on that! I'm getting lazy and dont want to pay $6.99 for a back issue

Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Yes i've heard the same about the RSX, it doesn't take well to suspension mods. Looking at the way they ranked the cars it wasn't very "scientific" like I said, just basically added weight, gearing (final and 2nd), power and a few other things together to come up with a formula and total. I will say that IIRC the RSX barely eeked out the win though, so maybe that says something about the effectiveness of their formulas despite the RSX's numerical superiority in power (by a lot) vs. the other cars.

RSX looks better on paper than in practice I suppose. But I guess they have to leave something to write about in the future articles haha

Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Haha, yea. From what I've heard the RSX's are nearly as bad to try and increase handling in as the EP3 Civic Si's. Those funnily enough are also classed in STF and I nearly bought that before the Fit LOL

Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Ooo, awesome! Are those pax times the top finishers? If so, I'm definitely gonna be going STF for next year.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Ooo, awesome! Are those pax times the top finishers? If so, I'm definitely gonna be going STF for next year.
Haha no not top times, those are MY times. I removed names and placement on purpose. TTOD is usually a custom shifter cart or an A or C mod formula mini style car, maybe an SS or SSP Z06 vette LOL Just giving you an idea though what the car is capable of

Old 11-19-2012, 08:01 PM
I meant your time in the Fit was third in the list of all the other cars around it...did you get third in overall PAX?

Quick Reply: autoX: Honda Fit vs Scion FR-S!