Southeast Region Meet & BBQ: Charlotte, NC December 7/8, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Southeast Region Meet & BBQ: Charlotte, NC December 7/8, 2007

Alright guys, after the decent success of this past weekends LOLbbq.net & JDMCivic.com meet in Decatur, I'm putting together the next one here in Charlotte. Luckily, there were a lot of local guys to come out to the Decatur meet, and I can't rely on that to make this one a hit, so people need to show up.

Here are the ideas/plans that I'm throwing around in my head and will more than likely go down.

Date: Sunday December 9th
I'm expecting this to be the last big meet of the year, so I'd love to see it be a hit. We'll have plenty of space, and will be BBQ'ing, hanging out, throwing the football around and enjoying each others cars. This is North Carolina, so it doesn't always get terribly cold here, but PLEASE do plan ahead and have warmer clothing along just in case the temperatures are low.

Location: Frank Liske Park (http://www.cabarruscounty.us/Parks/FrankLi...kliskepark.html)
Frank Liske Park & Soccer Complex
4001 Stough Road
Concord, NC 28025

This park is not located off any main highways or roads, and because of this, I have decided to give the option of meeting up at a different, more easily found location and caravaning from there to the park. If you would like to do this, we'll be meeting at Northlake Mall (Map here) in the AMC Theater parking lot. Please give yourself plenty of time to get here as we'll be pulling out of the parking lot promptly at 10:15.

If you would rather go straight to the park (Map here), everything will be starting at 11. We will be using the Philip Morris USA shelter. Once you are in the park, take the first left and then the second right. This will take you into a parking lot; the Philip Morris USA shelter is the large one to the right.

We will not be bothered by cops for this event, BUT there is park security who makes regular rounds of the entire park. Please be courteous to other people at the park. Remember that there might be children around. PLEASE, no revving, burnouts, speeding, donuts or any other moves that we would only expect from immature ricers.

Time: Before 10:15am for the caravan, 11am for the meet
Please refer to the information under location for maps, caravan and addresses.

Food: Of Course
We will definitely be grilling out, so we'll need to be able to get an estimate of people so that we can prepare adequately. Burgers, dogs, soda... everybody knows how this works.

Hotels:
There are obviously plenty of hotels for you to reserve rooms at. The city of Charlotte is rather large, and has two major interstates running through it. If you go to any hotel chain website, you can easily search by city for local hotel rooms.

Fairfield Inn Charlotte Northlake
9230 Harris Corners Parkway
Charlotte, North Carolina 28269

-This hotel is nonsmoking
-Offering comfortable guest rooms at a superior value for both business and leisure travelers.
-Enjoy the Early Eats complimentary hot breakfast, featuring the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich.
-Free Hi-Speed internet access, available with your choice of either a wired or wireless connection.

SpringHill Suites Charlotte University Research Park
8700 Research Drive
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262

-This hotel is nonsmoking
-Marriott hotel located in University Research Park near University of North Carolina Charlotte UNCC
-Hotel near Charlotte Convention Center, downtown Charlotte & Charlotte Douglas International Airport
-This Charlotte University Research Park hotel has a boardroom for a small meeting or gathering

I plan on posting this on a couple of other sites. While I love the idea of our quaint little LOLbbq/JDMC meets, I'd like to get a little bigger crowd than just 10-15 people. I want to make paying for an area worth it. Spread the word out to friends, this should be a good time, and with the ample notice, should draw a good turnout.

People attending:
1. Chris_
2. Molly
3. hectorinho
4. EFthis (?)
5. JMac76913
6. kleptomaniac (?)
7. uasdc2
8. tryin_to_be_jdm (?)
9. kinefromnorway
10. JLCoolman
11. Esprit09
12. SlipAngle (?)
13. TheSLow4door
14. ChrisG
15. unFITone (?)
16. D.O. (?)
17. JDMallmotorAP1 (?)
18. hatch_wanna_b (?)
19. GSRswapandslow (?)
20. vafitfreak
21. ...

Saturday Night
Some of us are planning on going to dinner at Chili's and going out to a local bar (Jokers Piano Bar). If you would be interested in going, please send me a PM if you have any questions and so that I can get a better idea of the number of people that will be going and can make proper arrangements with the restaraunt.

Last edited by Crixtala; 10-19-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:16 PM
It would be about a 6 hour drive for me, but IM GAME. Maybe a list of hotels as well would be nice.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
I'm working on the list of hotels. Might be able to work out a deal with a local Marriott, because my girlfriend works for the big City Center Marriott in downtown Charlotte. More information will be up about that when I have it.

Also, dates have been bumped back a week to the 7th/8th.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Crixtala
I'm working on the list of hotels. Might be able to work out a deal with a local Marriott, because my girlfriend works for the big City Center Marriott in downtown Charlotte. More information will be up about that when I have it.

Also, dates have been bumped back a week to the 7th/8th.
Awesome, I may be able to talk 2-3 other Fit owners here in VA on a little road trip as well.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Original post has been updated with more information on the park that the meet is going to be held at. Added a section for hotels... Molly might be able to work something out, but it's not promised. There would have to be a large number of rooms needed to be able to get a discounted price, and I'd probably have to know definite numbers soon.

I'll get some local hotel information up on here tomorrow when I have more time to research prices for that weekend.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
I'm down for the weekend of the 7th/8th, but not the weekend after. I'm going down to Miami for HIN on the 15th.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
It's going down the weekend of the 7th/8th. Sean should also be coming, so I'm sure you could caravan up with him.

I also updated the OP with some more information.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Updated with set dates and agenda.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
There's a good bit of interest being shown for this. There should be some really nice cars.

I'd love for there to be some Fits out holding there own at this meet.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 PM
i live down towards hickory...so yeah, i might just try to come out

Old 10-11-2007, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
If you can't make it from Hickory... I'll be disappointed. There's guys from Kinston, NC planning on coming... Spartanburg, SC... Atlanta, GA... even a possible from Illinois.

If they can do the traveling, you can make it from Hickory.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crixtala
There's guys from Kinston, NC planning on coming...
Are you talking about David w/ the S2k?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Yessir... I haven't seen him in years, and he's saying that he'll more than likely make it. I'm just hoping he drags along some of his brothers too.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:21 AM
me showing up will mostly depend on what's goign on that weekend. i'll prob try to at least show up for a little bit, if i get time

this is open to other cars, right?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, it's been posted on JDMCivic, JDMUniverse, S2Ki... a bunch of other places as well.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:37 PM
i believe i will be able to make this!!!

Old 10-12-2007, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome! I'll add you to the list.

Originally Posted by unFITone
Are you talking about David w/ the S2k?
Sean just told me that him and Donnie are coming. I haven't seen Donnie in a couple of years either.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
More than likely I'm in!

Old 10-13-2007, 01:31 AM
might want to toss it up on CarolinaHondas - CarolinaHondas

Quick Reply: Southeast Region Meet & BBQ: Charlotte, NC December 7/8, 2007