Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Sway bar links

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 07:49 PM
Sway bar links

Hey guys,

Apologies for asking such noob questions but would appreciate anyone who has the time and patience that would respond.

First, I'm looking at replacing my front sway bar links. Rockauto has the Moog greaseable ones and Beck/Arnley. Do you need to grease the Moog ones? Or would it be easier for someone like me (limited experience and tools) to just get the Bech/Arnley links?
Second, are the links interchangeable? From the images, they kind of look the same but their product names have left or right and made it appear they aren't? I'm based in NZ so driver side is on the right

Last edited by Poldo0503; 08-04-2020 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:48 PM
My understanding is that all ball joints should to be greased regularly for optimal performance and to slow down wear.

I ordered the Moog end links because they are easier to grease with the existing grease sockets. End links without the grease sockets can be greased using a needle attachment on the grease gun placed carefully into the bottom of the boot cover.

I’m planning to install the MOOG end links in the next week or two, and will try to re-grease with every oil change.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Poldo0503
First, I'm looking at replacing my front sway bar links. Rockauto has the Moog greaseable ones and Beck/Arnley. Do you need to grease the Moog ones? Or would it be easier for someone like me (limited experience and tools) to just get the Bech/Arnley links?
Second, are the links interchangeable? From the images, they kind of look the same but their product names have left or right and made it appear they aren't? I'm based in NZ so driver side is on the right
1. If you've no experience nor tools for greasing ball joints, you're probably better off using non-grease links.
2. Probably. However, general practice is buy & replace L/R links at the same time from the same manufacturer.