Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

hate trucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 03:58 AM
Angry hate trucks

so i just touched up painted my mirror like 3 days ago was a really small spot.. and then went to walmart and a truck parked next to me so i was like okay what ever. buy what i needed to buy went to my car and the truck was gone so i was like oh okay so i went home and i looked at my passanger mirror and where i touched up painted was gone straight to the plastic and was fricken like 3x bigger.... i hate people when they do this kind of things..

i wanna touch up paint it but it wont match. should i just touch up paint it or get it resprayed..

Old 09-16-2008, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
I feel your pain dude. Especially at Walmart, I park where nobody is parked. Then when I come back out there are 2 cars to both sides of me and they're super close. This happens to me all the time! I'm gonna start parking waaaaaay far from now on, more so than I already do. Can't trust people these days.

Sorry for your mirror. Is the touch up paint gonna take care of it?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:39 AM
the scratch is like a inch long and 1/2 inch wide.. the touch up paint will fill the space but ssm is not a color that touch up paint that can match.. when i touch up paint the first time it was way lighter then the color of my car so i did like 3 coats but still off so hmm just goin to touch up paint it and twice and clear coat it with that clear top coat pen. well sh!t happens just wish people are more respectful to other peoples cars... i'll post a picture of it in the morning. i cleaned off the mark from the trucks door.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sucks. i hate walmart customers in general... one of the main reasons
why i dont shop there unless it's for those 5qt motor oil jugs.

but yah, that mirror will need to be repainted. if you want to do it
the 'right' way you'll need to just get a new one pre-painted(?) or
get it painted at a bodyshop.

if you want to 'try' something you can ask the dealer when their
touchup folks (mobile) come around and see if they can repaint the
mirror. it'll be much cheaper than going to a bodyshop unless you
know someone.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Wal-Mart parking lots are like the worst, i havent been in one in my Fit ever.
I shop at Target
But even there, i park way in the back, as far as i can get. My friends always bitch at me but i dont care lol. Whenever i see anyone one parked next to me car i flip out

Old 09-16-2008, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
yah, i usually go to target for my household stuff... although walmart
has a much bigger selection.

but bigger selection of crap is just more crap.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:27 PM
yea hawaii doesnt have target.. only walmart and k-mart. walmart i go to cause its 24/7 .kmart here is ghetto.. but yea i try parking in the first parking with the extra space if not i park pretty far..

but here is the picture of the mirror....

i think i'll just touch up paint it for now since i wanna buy the jdm led mirror. but still upset that my mirror got owned by a truck..but i'll see from after.

i know people at body shops but they are always busy and i dont have $$ for spraying it..

Old 09-16-2008, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
a similar thing happen to me with my st165. it was parked on the side of a street and it had it's paint rubbed out by some idiot who couldn't drive

i pulled both mirrors off and painted them black. they ended up matching really well with the car. i'll post up a pic of an SSM Fit photoshopped with gloss black side-mirrors if it helps.

SSM with black side mirror (borrowed the picture form another Fit owner, let me know if you want it removed)

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 09-16-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 09-16-2008, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
ouch...

how about you find someone that has experience with airbrush?

buy some paint from here and ask him/her to spray for you...
PaintScratch Touch-Up Paint (rs), Spray Cans, Spray Paint, Paint Pens, Car Paint, Automotive Paint
PaintWorld - Automotive Touch Up Paint and Supplies

Old 09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear about that...hopefully you get it fixed easily.

i also never park near anybody. i do not care how far i or anybody else has to walk. if they are really worried about it i drop them off at the front of the store and i will go park as far away as possible. i have actually parked my fit next to one car once since i've had it and i got a ding next to my gas fill spot in the rear drivers side.

never again.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 PM
ah dam should of bought that spray can much better come out. but i have the honda touch and the clear up pen and the primer pen coat pen like fail but next time i'll just but that spray can will come out way better then the pen...

Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I like the black mirrors and the rims - what are they??

Old 09-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your damage to the mirror. I shop Wallie World every Saturday and I park in the back 40 where no one else cares to walk. Hope you get it fixed
soon.

Cat :X

Old 09-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by enjoito
so i just touched up painted my mirror like 3 days ago was a really small spot.. and then went to walmart and a truck parked next to me so i was like okay what ever. buy what i needed to buy went to my car and the truck was gone so i was like oh okay so i went home and i looked at my passanger mirror and where i touched up painted was gone straight to the plastic and was fricken like 3x bigger.... i hate people when they do this kind of things..

i wanna touch up paint it but it wont match. should i just touch up paint it or get it resprayed..
I think I found your problem

Old 09-17-2008, 02:00 AM
if we had a target i would shop there instead

Old 09-17-2008, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
i have that same scratch on both of my mirrors. i just ignore it.

if you are paranoid, bet JDM/EDM power folding mirrors

Old 09-17-2008, 11:49 AM
i hate trucks to...but for different reasons. i live in Mississippi, so every A-HOLE with a jacked up truck likes to go "mud-ridin" around here...and they DONT wash there trucks because dried caked up mud looks cool right??? well when they hit the interstate and i just so happen to be behind them, every bump they hit....a shower of mud, rocks, and debris comes flying my way and i already have a crack on my windshield and a broken lense on my fog-light as a result....that COMPLETELY pisses me off, i mean seriously....people should get fined by police for not keeping there vehicles clean to a certain extent....i mean, some douche driving around with mud and rocks all over there cars because it looks "cool" is unacceptable in my opinion.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
^^^ This could also be a result of lazyness, drunk'n rednecks tend to just be very lazy... or drunk.

Originally Posted by enjoito
if we had a target i would shop there instead
At least your heart is in the right place There is something about Walmart and door dings... and punk kids... and old people that smell like peas and vitamins.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:02 PM
true sugarphreak, a handful are just drunk, ignorant, half witted (HA!! HALF witted is too much credit), boneheads....but ALOT of them are just young punks with brand new Z-71s and F150s that mommy and daddy bought and they think "more mud" means "cooler", its a pointless pissing contest that dings and chips my car....retards.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
wow thats like here with the off road moke action trucks we have here get plenty mud on them. but yea walmart and sams club and costco is all we have here...

Quick Reply: hate trucks