Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Recaro SRD seats + Bride RO-type seat rails: DIY seat removal and install

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
^thats what i was wondering, i really want buckets but am unsure about the rails. Pricey if they don't fit.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit_Mike
so those seat rails will bolt straight to the USDM Fit?
I think they should fit, no problem. Not much difference in the floorpan of the US, European and Japanese GD Fit/Jazz as far as the front seats are concerned; same goes with the GE. Just make sure you order the correct part and you should be fine (back-read for this).

HTH!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Finally got mine done:

Recaro finally in (on Bride rails) 8)

Name:  DSC00272.jpg
Views: 3914
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  DSC00276.jpg
Views: 3931
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  DSC00274.jpg
Views: 4037
Size:  73.4 KB

Just took a few pics on my phone so will get better ones when i get a chance but i LOVE them!!

EDIT- this is for a GE6

Last edited by Garyman; 10-07-2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Update
Old 10-07-2010, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Garyman
Finally got mine done:

Recaro finally in (on Bride rails) 8)

Just took a few pics on my phone so will get better ones when i get a chance but i LOVE them!!

EDIT- this is for a GE6
Congratulations man. Those SR5s are sweet! I see they have a different material on the shoulder area too.

Did you run into any problems with the passenger-side sensor plug?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Those recaros are from an Evo8 MR 320 or 340- cant remember so not sure if they are the same as the SR5 that you've mentioned.

I purchased a resistor kit from Capital Seating, who are a UK based company that deals with Recaro products

On the driver side, there were 2 plugs- one for the seat belt, the other for the air bag/srs.

On the passenger side, there were 3 plugs- as per the driver side but the extra one we think is a weight sensor?

Anyways, for both side, we cut the srs plug away, and then attached the above resistor kit (the plug with the black wiring) to it and then plugged the seat belt plug back in- the spare plug is currently not attached to anything.

Bolted the recaros back into the car and then plenty of

Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 PM
This diy is awsome, I have a 2008 gd fit, what brackets would I need for a set of sparco seats. Figured I'd ask since you guys got experience on the matter

Old 10-07-2010, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Garyman
Those recaros are from an Evo8 MR 320 or 340- cant remember so not sure if they are the same as the SR5 that you've mentioned.

I purchased a resistor kit from Capital Seating, who are a UK based company that deals with Recaro products

On the driver side, there were 2 plugs- one for the seat belt, the other for the air bag/srs.

On the passenger side, there were 3 plugs- as per the driver side but the extra one we think is a weight sensor?

Anyways, for both side, we cut the srs plug away, and then attached the above resistor kit (the plug with the black wiring) to it and then plugged the seat belt plug back in- the spare plug is currently not attached to anything.

Bolted the recaros back into the car and then plenty of
I judged your perches as SR5s from their appearance; they certainly look identical in basic structure.

Great info on the resistors, that should go a long way helping those with airbags. +rep to you man.

Originally Posted by Itsslow
This diy is awsome, I have a 2008 gd fit, what brackets would I need for a set of sparco seats. Figured I'd ask since you guys got experience on the matter
I'll try to check again later, but the RO-type rails should also work for Sparco. Like with BRIDE's own seats, you'd need two less bolts to mate the seat and rails compared to Recaros - so that's four bolts per seat instead of six.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Late post but i was wanting to get aftermarket seat in my usdm gd3 and wanting to kno if they have a resistor kit like that for our cars. Or what to do. Been looking all over for it cant find an answer

Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Hey garyman, did you need to buy one or two of these resistor kits?

Thanks

Old 02-11-2011, 11:52 AM
There's little calrification on the subject of aftermarket seats in a usdm gd3, it would be great if someone could post details about the process and what obstacles there are and what to do.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
Hi,

I purchased two of these resitor kits- one for each side of the car.

I am unable to answer your question as you have a USDM but from what I have read on here, it looks like you guys hard wire a fuse?

Hopefully another member will come on shortly to answer your question.

Gary

Old 02-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Thanks!

Did you have to make a bracket to hold the passenger seat seat belt on the JDM version?

Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not too sure what you mean there HOLY.

With the Bride rails, they include a bolt where you mount the OEM seat belt bracket onto the rail so I literally pulled the wiring from the OEM buckle and mounted this onto the Bride ones with this Bride bolt (sorry if its confusing)

Not sure if you have checked out this thread but this is where most you US guys do according to the thread on aftermarket seats

Gary

Old 02-14-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm reffering to the opposite side of the seatbelt, the b pillar side. I know on the usdm fit, the seatbealt attatches to the seat itself on the passenger side. And on the driver side it attatches to the b pillar, like most cars. So apparently you have to fabricate a bracket to mount the passenger seatbelt to the rear seat bracket mounting hole.
I've seen the other thread, and its pretty much 12 pages of people thread jacking about window tint, seats in other cars they've done, and basically ignoring every issue pertaining to detail about the installation. Haha

Old 02-14-2011, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HOLY FIT!!
I know on the usdm fit, the seatbealt attatches to the seat itself on the passenger side. And on the driver side it attatches to the b pillar, like most cars.
I did not know that- how strange!

That would make sense now as I've seen somewhere that a member had to do some B-pillar modification in order to fit their aftermarket seats.

Sorry cant be of much help here as mine is similar to Type100's pics where we have 2 plugs for the SRS.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:42 AM
No problem, thanks for the input dude. Now to see if I can find some jdm recaros.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Type 100
By the way I got a suggestion:
If you're going to proceed with the seat swap, I suggest you mount the seats with the adjusting knob INBOARD (closer to the handbrake or center console) instead of OUTBOARD (closer to the doors).

The seats are mounted like this on the Type R Hondas and I realize why:
If the adjusting knob is outboard, it's a bitch trying to wedge your hand in between the seat and the B-pillar, and trying to turn it at the same time. Fine if you're the only one in the car, but if you got non-regular passengers (like my dad) they'll have a cow.

Since this initial swap, I've swapped the left and right Recaros so that their adjust knobs are inboard. Now adjusting the seat back angle is as easy as pie.

Does switching the seat involved switching the seat rails as well? ie if one was only getting the driver's seat;
- get bride type RO #H202 and right seat
- or get bridge type RO #H202 and left seat

Old 08-13-2012, 09:35 AM
More-japan sells the seat rails but says that modifications are required to fin in US GD3. has anyone installed these in the US? I have a set of Recaro LS seats I'd like to use

Old 10-26-2012, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CPat
Does switching the seat involved switching the seat rails as well? ie if one was only getting the driver's seat;
- get bride type RO #H202 and right seat
- or get bridge type RO #H202 and left seat
No need to switch the seat rails. Just make sure that seat-back adjuster knobs are INBOARD instead of OUTBOARD - this is how they're oriented in the EK9 Civic Type R and DC2 Integra Type R. You basically unbolt the seats from the rails, make sure that the knobs are inboard, and bolt them back again.

It's more for practicality purposes really. Trying to spin the knob when it's outboard is quite hard. You'd have to jam your hand in between the B-pillar and seat just to recline the damn thing.

If you were to get just one SRD, and you're in a left-hand-drive country, get the seat with the knob on the right. Properly mounted, the knob will sit closer to the handbrake, with lots of room for your hand to spin it.

Last edited by Type 100; 10-26-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
One summer day this year I decided to yank out the Recaros because they got dirty after a couple years of driving.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to show just how different they were from the stock seats...thanks to a couple bottles of San Mig Light. You can see how much lower the hip point is on the Recaros.

Both of these seats are on the front passenger side (i.e. on the right side from the inside of the car). Note that the seat adjuster knob is inboard.

Quick Reply: Recaro SRD seats + Bride RO-type seat rails: DIY seat removal and install